Weekly Ketchup: Fresh Developments from 2010

Summary

The year that was 2010 is coming to an end, and so it's time to look back at the biggest news items of the year (in lieu of actual weekly movie news, which there isn't much of around Christmas). This is also a chance to look forward, as most of the movies that were announced in 2010 are still in our collective futures. And so, here are twelve "Fresh Development" movie news items from the past year, one for each month, that also represent some of the biggest upcoming movies of the next few years. Back to Article

Comments

Brian S

Brian Schrock

Was the announcement of the Alien prequels this year or last year? It seemed like pretty big news to me but I guess not everyone is a sci fi nerd.

Dec 23 - 03:40 PM

greg_dean_schmitz

Greg Dean Schmitz

The announcement that Ridley Scott was returning to direct the "Alien" prequel was actually back in July, 2009. The initial story about James Cameron's plans for "Avatar 2" was also last year, in December. I would have included the Avatar 2/3 story from October, except I felt the Darren Aronofsky directing "The Wolverine" story was slightly more worth mentioning. Some months had a lot of big stories, while others... not so much.

Dec 23 - 04:08 PM

Murdoch

Murdoch +

@Greg: is it true that Nolan is no longer involved with Superman? i read that somewhere, was wondering if that's official or just another rumor.......OR was it the plan for him to leave once Snyder got better acquainted with the material?

Dec 23 - 07:51 PM

greg_dean_schmitz

Greg Dean Schmitz

As far as I know, Christopher Nolan is still one of the producers of the Superman project, and his brother is still cowriting it with David S. Goyer. That was always the plan... Nolan wasn't going to be the director, just someone who helped Warner Bros find the right people to work on it (what a producer does, basically) to get it done by the Siegel/Shuster deadline. Now that Zack Snyder is aboard, you'll probably hear more from him, and less from Nolan about Superman... but again, I am pretty sure that was always the plan.

Dec 23 - 08:17 PM

greg_dean_schmitz

Greg Dean Schmitz

Dec 23 - 04:08 PM

zach f.

zach firanski

a prequel to alien would be awsome!!!

Dec 23 - 04:28 PM

The Opinion kind of Guy

Josh Grahame

Am going to miss 2010 hopefull 2011 & years to come will be just as great or Better (I Hope) :P

Dec 23 - 05:22 PM

Sputnik99

sputnik 99

I wasn't too impressed with 2010's selection of movies. The last really good year was 2008. Not sure if 2011 will be that great, but I have high hopes for 2012!

Dec 23 - 07:10 PM

Murdoch

Murdoch +

Dec 23 - 07:51 PM

greg_dean_schmitz

Greg Dean Schmitz

Dec 23 - 08:17 PM

EllenPageIsMyArchitect.

Joshua Medicoff

I think my favorite news was that Aronsky is directing The Wolverine.

Dec 23 - 07:55 PM

ICantRememberMyNumber

Daniel Wilkinson

I agree

Jan 1 - 11:59 AM

greg_dean_schmitz

Greg Dean Schmitz

Dec 23 - 08:17 PM

brandalf

brandon james

I too wasn't too impressed with 2010 releases

Daniel Day Lincoln sounds interesting tho,

The Hobbit should be amazingly epic. Along with another bond film, the future looks pretay pretayy pretayyyyyy bright for the movie industry.

Dec 23 - 08:22 PM

whoooop

whoooop ruiz

Thanks for the insight Larry...

Dec 26 - 07:13 AM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships