• R, 1 hr. 50 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

True Colors Reviews

AJ V

April 22, 2011
This movie has three of my favourite actors: Cusack, Spader, and Widmark. But I only got to see the second half of it on TV one day. It's full of political stuff I don't understand and don't care for, but like I said, I didn't get to see the whole of it. From what I saw it's not that good, but I did like seeing three of my favourite stars in a movie together.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

August 23, 2009
John Cusack, James Spader, Imogen Stubbs, Mandy Patinkin, Richard Widmark

DIRECTED BY: Herbert Ross

Best friends from law school to election night, their friendship is sorely tested when one learns of another's betrayal.

It was a good movie with great performances from Cusack and Spader. At times I found myself thinking that the roles should be switched around. So use to seeing Spader playing the -excuse the language- asshole, and Cusack playing the good guy. But in the end it worked. It got a little boring at times and seemed to drag a bit in the middle, but the ending was where it got really interesting. Especially the play-out of there friendship. So it's well worth the watch. Or you can watch it for the simple fact that I did. I am a fan of both the leads and it was good seeing them in a movie together.
Conner R

November 18, 2009
I was really impressed with how good the acting was in this. James Spader and John Cusack really worked well together. I can't believe Cusack actually pulled off being a villain, I always saw him as the nice guy, but he really did well. James Spader also did well as usual, but also a different character than i'm used to with him.
kvaughtster
July 12, 2009
James looks sooo cute! The story is kind of boring but not too bad. Spader and Cusack do a great job.
JourneyingThrough195
March 25, 2009
Anybody can become friends, as fast as anybody can become enimies. Explanation of Friendship. Sometimes the quickest way in is the back alley, while some will take the hardest way through to earn respect. Very Respectable acting from both Cusack and Spader.
Recommended.
maroonaggie99
March 6, 2007
A couple of law students that become close friends but eventually end up as enemies while trying to reach their goal in their respectful careers. Recommended.
October 16, 2006
Great movie about politics. When you see it, consider what the "true colors" of Jon Cusack's character is.
Virus
August 16, 2005
This is interesting movie with twist in the story. Instead the rich kid at college, it is poor college kid that is conniving and evil. A little forced at times.