Ellen DeGeneres Hosting 86th Academy Awards

Summary

DeGeneres will return to the Oscars stage on March 2. Back to Article

Comments

Valmordas

Val Mordas

I still can't understand what people find funny about this woman.

Aug 2 - 03:27 PM

Overfed Jed

Overfed Jed

Did these guys go with the lowest bidder?

Aug 2 - 07:25 PM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

Maybe she'll do a silly dance and say things that aren't funny. Just a hunch.

Aug 2 - 09:20 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

First time I've heard a woman say they didn't think she was funny (not that you're alone). I have objectively tried to understand the humor, and the more I tried the more I realized there wasn't any.

Aug 3 - 10:22 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Ps. I think the reasoning is that it's non offensive attempt at comedy. It's not funny, but nobody is going to raise a fuss about it either. It's just blah.

Aug 3 - 10:23 AM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

Right. Like Geico commercial humor. Safe, harmless, might elicit a chuckle at best. At best.

Aug 6 - 11:06 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

I still hold a grudge for her making fun of Bjork's Swan Dress. Good joke, very topical. But Bjork was right to parody the celebrante exposing the frills and feathers of the season's starlet peacocks, all lined in a row like some state fair auction. And she didn't even use Botox. Did Ellen call out those smooth-faced freaks by name? No, she called out Bjork, precisely because she dared not to give a shit on Hollywood's Walpurgisnacht.

Aug 5 - 11:47 AM

Aug 3 - 10:23 AM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

Aug 6 - 11:06 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Interesting how far we've come as a society that a female homosexual comedian is considered a "safe" choice.

Aug 5 - 12:33 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

I dig Ellen De. Although I think it's not that she's funny, as much as she's charming and likeable.

Alas, even with Dory, I still have no desire or care about the Oscars.

Aug 5 - 08:21 AM