57% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

My Girl Reviews

murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
Truly Heartbreaking. Such a poignant story.
michael e.
michael e.

June 9, 2011
I have never cried in a film so many times in the last 20 minutes, and i don't cry that often in movies, but i cried a total of 5 times in the last 20 minutes of this movie. But overall the characters are likable, the acting is decent, and the drama is spot on
Lucas M

May 17, 2011
My Girl, is nothing bad, but is that sentimental, what don't do the full - length a really good.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

April 18, 2011
Actually not really that good for me. It was depressing and to kiddish, my sister enjoyed this though so I might be alone on this review.
Spencer S

August 4, 2010
Cute, imaginative, and heart breaking, My Girl is both a tribute to young love and interesting people far and wide.
cosmo313
cosmo313

June 9, 2006
I not an ogre- I can appreciate a sad tearjerker/romance movie. I'm just not a big fan of these types of movies in genral. This movie isn't terrible, and it is likeable and enjoyable, but it's not outstanding or anything like that.

I like that this movie is somewhat of an idealized portrait of childhood romance, I'm just sad I can't relate. I'm not sad about the fact I've never gone through the tragic ending though.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 4, 2007
It made me cry and was a very touching movie in places! But the storyline isnt exactly amazing and the movie itself doesnt scream amazing!
Conner R

May 3, 2010
It's actually pretty dark for a kid's movie. Being set in a funeral home and having Macaulay Culkin die by hundreds of bees was quite ambitious. There aren't that many female coming of age stories, but this one actually pulled it off very nicely. Unlike most 90s movies, this holds up kind've nice.
Jennifer X

June 27, 2007
If I were little when I had watched this, I probably would have loved it. As it is, the emotions are real, Anna Chlumsky is precociously charming, but it runs a little long. Still, I'm glad Macaulay Culkin isn't dead in real life.
Anthony L

September 24, 2009
It?s a shame they cut out the bit where Macaulay Culkin got killed by bees
Jason O

September 14, 2009
Probably Culkin's biggest hit other than the "Home Alone" series. I was the same age as the two kids in this film, so I could relate to it a lot and have always enjoyed watching it.
Bannan i

May 17, 2008
This such a childhood favourite...and bitterly sweet.
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

April 16, 2007
A wonderful and touching film about young love and friendship, that also has a lot teach as for how to cope with death and loss. The two lead child actors are great in their roles (most notably Anna Chlumsky, who even manages to outshine Macaulay Culkin) and whom together with some terrific supporting actors and through this very beautiful and heartfelt story, has crafted something quite memorable. A very good friend of mine refered to My Girl as "a film everyone should see it at least once", and I fully agree.
Tim S

July 30, 2007
That ending gets me every time. Ackroyd is really great here.
puffchunk
puffchunk

September 28, 2007
been a while.
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 7, 2007
Cut but sad film. You will need tissues.
Lafe F

June 27, 2007
The whole bee-thing just ruins it. Perhaps if they had cast a lesser-known actor rather than Macaulay, it might've flown, but the whole focal object of the movie is crushed, lessening the girl, Anna Chlumsky's performance.
deano
deano

March 20, 2007
I was a bit shocked to see Macaulay Culkin made his first kiss scene with Anna Chlumsky, but believe it Macaulay Culkin disliked the kisses because he was just a 10-year-old kid. Shy boy, wasn't he?
Jason S

January 31, 2007
Very sugary movie that shows you just how messed up Culkin has now become.
Tim B

January 31, 2007
There used to be a Saturday Night Live sketch, where Kevin Nealon would interview people, and do ridiculous things to make his guests cry, (eg. mention sad things for no reason, peel an onion, etc.), then turn to the camera and smirk. This movie is a little like that. Good if you enjoy crying. I don't like crying, because I'm a man. So My Girl gets 2 stars from me.