Class Act - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

July 30, 2007
Cool if your 12.
May 14, 2015
Reading is fundamental.

Duncan is a child prodigy and Blade is a slick cat with a criminal presence and record. Their identities are mixed up when they transfer to the same high school but they both find elements of their new life and surroundings that works for them. They try to play out this strange scenario when a local bullying drug dealer threatens to blow up the entire act.

"You can't find your hearing aid? Get a cup. Put a cup to the phone."

Randall Miller, director of Bottle Shock, Nobel Son, Houseguest, The Sixth Man, A Tale of Two Bunnies, and Till Dad Do Us Part, delivers Class Act. The storyline for this picture is below average and doesn't make much sense or feel very realistic. The lines were cheesy and the acting was even more cheesy. The cast includes Christopher Reed, Christopher Mart, Andre Rosey Brown, Meshach Taylor, Loretta Devine, and Mariann Aalda.

"In Shakespeare to die meant having an orgasm."

I came across this on HBOGO and decided to watch it again for the first time in a long time. I had always remembered this being more fun than good, and I still view it that way. This isn't a waste of time as the story is a bit fun and the wax museum ending is awesome, but the overall film is below average. I would recommend seeing this once.

"You ever wonder about our son's sexual preference?"

Grade: C-
½ June 28, 2011
Now this is the Kid N Play movie that I like!!! Forget House Party, watch this feature instead with rap duo Kid N Play. It will have you laughing your ass off.
Good job guys!
A-
January 18, 2011
I would have like to give this a 51% just so its fresh, it isn't house party but it ain't that bad, plus watching early 90's movies amuses me.
½ June 2, 2010
SUMMARY: After a transcript mix up two boys (a scholar and a thug type) had to to pretty much trade their identities in high school.

POSITIVES: So this is my first time seeing "Kid" and "Play" in action, and i enjoyed em. I think they are a pretty funny duo. I wonder if they are doin anymore stuff together. Anyways a movie with a storyline like this is almost pertect for good comedy duos. Acting on everyone's part wasnt bad at all.

IMPROVEMENTS: This is the 90's version of what most ppl would consider a "stupid comedy" (Ex. Epic Movie). The storyline of this movie was sorta silly, but it was funny.

OVERALL: A classic duo in a silly film, aint bad at all! I actually had fun watching this one. 3 and a half textbooks out of 5 (Rating: 3.5/5)
½ May 2, 2010
WHAT I LIKED? It's pretty funny, good characters.

WHAT I DIDN'T? Cheesy movie.

WOULD I RECOMMEND IT? Class Act is outdated. I enjoyed it when I was younger, but now I can't say I do and I wouldn't recommend it.
August 1, 2008
I loved this one. I liked it better than House Party. It's pretty stupid, though, but had some laughs.
½ October 21, 2007
can you believe people actually went to see this?? Thank god I didn't, and the people I know who did...I refused to acknowledge any more.
½ October 2, 2007
5.5/10. It has some undeniably amusing moments, but it's just too pat and the story begins to wear thin after an hour. The appealing performances from Kid 'N Play are a plus, especially Christopher Reid. Likeable film.
May 31, 2007
i can watch this over and over its so funny.. when you watch it now you think of back then and how you used to dress and dance like that hahaha.
June 11, 2015
23 years old and I still love this movie!
May 14, 2015
Reading is fundamental.

"You can't find your hearing aid? Get a cup. Put a cup to the phone."

"In Shakespeare to die meant having an orgasm."

"You ever wonder about our son's sexual preference?"

Grade: C-
February 26, 2015
Reuses dozens of over-tired sit com antics and situations, Class Act isn't necessarily horrible, but it's derivative beyond forgiveness.
January 19, 2015
kid n play bring da funny
January 16, 2015
classic! always funny
February 24, 2013
this movie is the shit
February 22, 2013
those critics can say what they want about this movie, but it was a good movie. Y'all just couldn't relate to the jokes. When Popsicle was descibing Blade Brown to Wedge in school when he said, " Yabba dabba do, breath smell like doo doo," that saying had me dying laughing. I've watched this movie probably 40 times and still get a killer laugh out of it.
January 22, 2013
quickrate is running out of movies i havent seen...