Weekly Ketchup: Steven Spielberg Gets Bradley Cooper for American Sniper

Summary

This week's Ketchup includes movie development news for new entries in the Fantastic Four and Men in Black franchises, and new roles for Jessica Chastain, Johnny Depp and Reese Witherspoon. Back to Article

Comments

Alex Temesvari

Alex Temesvari

colin firth...haha goo one

May 3 - 05:53 PM

Alex Temesvari

Alex Temesvari

meant good one...but goo one is ok too

May 3 - 06:02 PM

Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

I don't know why I laughed so much at that.

May 6 - 02:54 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Even though I risk being Bashed by Nolan Fans (I'm a Nolan Fan too!) I think his female characters are kind of All the same and it kind of sucks. In one way or another the Female lead (Especially if she's gorgeous) is there to guilt trip the F out of the Male lead. Anyone else notice this?

May 3 - 06:32 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

Ellen Page does not really fit that description for Ariadne in Inception, and Carey Ann Moss was a secret bitch in Memento.

May 3 - 08:43 PM

Killer Jay

Jay Catler

Carey Ann Moss was a bitch in the open. I hated her part in the movie

May 4 - 01:22 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

I would say that Cotillard's Mal fits Nolan's female archetype in "Inception". I wouldn't say all of his females are the same character, but some of them are definitely more weakly written than others (Insomnia, Prestige, Batman).

May 4 - 07:48 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

I have to say that Nolan did a good job with Anne Hathaway as Catwoman; which is frankly the only good female character he actually did a great job at.

May 4 - 01:55 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

I appreciate the feedback from all of you. The Prestige is my favorite Nolan film and all 4 female characters are 4 clever plot devices that cause Grief, guilt, despair and frankly exhaustion for the Male Leads.

May 4 - 07:51 PM

thickmcrunfast

John Huckleberry

Prestige, Inception, Dark Knight Rises, Insomnia...how are all the strong fame varied female characters the same? Projecting a little?

May 8 - 06:31 AM

Matthew R.

Matthew Reimer

Men In Black 4? We should get a Ghostbusters 3 before that happens.

May 3 - 06:57 PM

Typhon

Typhon Q

Interstellar is shaping up to be pretty interesting.

I'm rather doubtful about the new Fantastic Four movie. I don't think that it has enough potential to pull itself out of the wreck of the first two.

May 3 - 07:54 PM

Alberto Zeeky

Alberto Zeeky

I'll welcome MiB4 with open arms, I enjoyed 3 and I think I even liked it more than the first, especially the ending which I wasn't excepting at all. Of course though Will Smith better be returning and I hope they don't go the joked about route of having his son Jaden in the film, having nothing against the kid but this isn't the film for another Will & Jaden combo.

May 3 - 08:39 PM

Joseph D.

Joseph Dutra

True, we already have After Earth this year

May 4 - 10:26 AM

King Crunk

King Crunk

Seems like Nolan is trying to one up himself by getting an even more impressive ensemble for Interstellar than the one he assembled for Inception. Definitely looking forward to it.

May 3 - 08:42 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

May 3 - 08:43 PM

Killer Jay

Jay Catler

Carey Ann Moss was a bitch in the open. I hated her part in the movie

May 4 - 01:22 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

May 4 - 07:48 PM

v-alexander-the-great

victor alexander

Passengers sounds like it has the potential to be decent if they lean in a more experimental/indie direction...but they probably won't.

May 3 - 09:26 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Fresh:

#2 - Sweet! The more musicals that are announced the better!

#6 - Loved the last Annie adaption that happened in the late 80s or early 90s, so this kicks ass again. MORE MUSCIALS! Someone needs to start announcing the Wicked project that has finally started!

#7 - Well I didn't expect this. I don't recall caring much for the show, but when I did watch it it was a pleasant watch (except for when they went into that little puppet village; that's when the show would get annoying). I'll give this a chance.

Rotten:

#2 - So lemme get this straight, a MIB IV is rotten news & apparently isn't needed, but yet shit like Finding Derpy is fresh & apparently necessary?! What form of logic is that? Next the writers are gonna say that a The Incredibles sequel is rotten news or that a development of "The Chronicles of Vladimir Todd" franchise is rotten as well.

May 4 - 01:53 AM

King  S.

King Simba

Perhaps is has to do with the track record of the directors. Two of Andrew Stanton's three films are considered classics. Meanwhile, in his post Men in Black career Barry Sonnerfield has only made one good film (MIB3) while the rest, well it's hard to use Men in Black 2, Wild Wild West, Fun with Dick and Jane as cases as to why Men in Black 4 is a good idea.

May 5 - 03:00 AM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

May 4 - 01:55 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

May 4 - 07:51 PM

are doubleyou

Ken S

T: I'm not a big Spielberg fan, but this sounds great. Glad to know Kyle's story will be told by someone with taste and I think Bradley Cooper deserves more chances to flex some dramatic chops.

1: Nolan, Chastain and Caine? Sold.

2: Have never seen the musical or a Rob Marshall movie, but I liked Sweeney Todd. It's nice to see Hollywood have actors sing even if their voices aren't "perfect".

3: Fassbender doing Shakespeare? I can only hope he does a series of these, ala Ian McKellan, throughout his career.

4: I'm not a Colin Firth fan, but I've liked Vaughan since Layer Cake. I would like to see him move away from comic adaptations soon. Three in a row is a somewhat disturbing trend for a talented director. I hope he doesn't become the next Zack Snyder.

5: Well, it can't be worse than the last two. Right?

6: I wish Jamie Foxx found something better to follow up Django with. I love him in good movies, but his taste in scripts seems to leave room for improvement. coughstealthcough

7: Mr. Rogers was a truly good person from everything that I have read. As much as like him getting attention; I'm not sure that I see the drama in his life for a biopic. The congressional hearing about funding educational television maybe?

2: I still haven't seen MIB3 and I would prefer Tommy Lee Jones acting in something else. Maybe more McCarthy adaptations. That would be nice.

1: Keanu gets too much flak for his limited acting range, but I don't see him carrying a film like this.

May 4 - 06:19 AM

conburke621

Connor Burke

Benjamin Stacks?

uhhhhhhhhhh that name makes it sound Rotten. If it was still Oliver Warbucks, it would be fresh as anything.

May 4 - 06:59 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Maybe the idea of a black defense contractor scares too many people.

May 4 - 07:51 PM

Crum Luster

Crum Luster

nolan=trash

May 4 - 11:20 AM

Crum Luster

Crum Luster

i would love a fred rogers biopic, whatta guy

May 4 - 11:21 AM

Killer Jay

Jay Catler

Carey Ann Moss was a bitch in the open. I hated her part in the movie

May 4 - 01:22 PM

Christopher Kelly

Christopher Kelly

A nigga as the Human Torch. Hellz yeah. Need some niggas up in that shit. Na mean?

May 4 - 01:48 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

It would explain why his skin is dark.

May 6 - 04:07 PM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Pictures of great movie apes

Gone Girl Trailer