91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
44% Working the Engels: Season 1

Boiling Point Reviews

May 24, 2014
I did not care about 'Boiling Point' that much.
Matt H.
March 8, 2014
Boiling Point is a movie that I got for free on a giveaway shelf. There's a reason it was on that shelf.

It has less action than any other Wesley Snipes movie I've ever seen. A documentary about real boiling points would've had more thrills than this wannabe actioner. Almost nothing about this movie made me want more. Wesley Snipes put on an okay performance, but nothing more than marginal. Dennis Hopper acted weird the whole movie with over-exaggerated hand movements that made his character very off-putting. Except for a few killings, there was literally no action in this movie. The story could've been interesting, but instead it moves slow and lags at many places. The cinematography was nothing interesting, no better than any other average movie. And the script was dull and didn't move the story at all. Overall, this movie was well beyond average, not Snipes best at all. Even The Art of War (and we all want to forget he was in that) wasn't as bad as this movie. This movie has already found its way to giveaway shelves and $.99 bins all over the country. Take that as a warning.
July 11, 2013
This film is a real let down.
April 29, 2013
I like this movie but acknowledge that it has flaws. The biggest flaw is that Warner promoted it as an Action movie and viewers went expecting Wesley Snipes to be kicking in doors and firing of his snub-nosed magnum revolver all the time. In fact, this was a Neo-Noir type Thriller in which the plot slowly builds towards its fairly explosive climax as Snipes and his fellow Secret Service agents chase down leads to find the killer of a fellow agent and Dennis Hopper plays a down-on-his-luck conman trying to get together the money to pay off a debt to a mobster by manipulating a dim-witted sociopath (Viggo Mortensen). Hopper is good, as usual, and director James Harris rounds out the cast with solid character actors who can play the roles of LA lawmen and lowlifes in their sleep (Dan Hedaya, Seymour Cassel, Tony Lo Bianco, etc.). The biggest problem with the picture is Snipes, who proved he could act in New Jack City but seems to playing a one-dimensional action movie hero in a movie that requires him to play two dimensions. Note the screen chemistry between Hopper and Valerie Perrine playing his ex-wife and the lack of screen chemistry between Lolita Davidovich's high class call girl and Snipes' character. This is probably a two-star film but I gave it an extra star because of Hopper's performance as a big-band loving hustler and because you actually have to follow the plot and think about what is going on while Snipes looks like he wants to kick open a door and shoot his snub-nosed magnum at somebody.
December 6, 2012
The movie instead of being in the category of action should have been just mystery, you people just can't wait to criticize a film that possess deserving performers
October 3, 2012
I have reason to believe it is an Action film, there is just not much action in it.
May 12, 2012
Snipes is a pretty boring actor and he walks through his few scenes playing a fairly uninteresting role that seems almost cut in from another film. Hopper and Mortensen on the other hand have a wonderful time as happy-go-lucky criminals who joyfully peruse their victims and cause general mayhem. The two elements are horribly at odds and so disparate and removed from each other you almost wish the two elements were cut into different films as Hopper's scenes are the more developed and fun to watch.
lora5023
January 15, 2011
haven see it yet and want to see it
moviebuff18cab
September 15, 2005
BOILING POINT (1993)
kingofthecorn
July 8, 2010
(**): Thumbs Down

I liked the performances of Hopper and Mortenson but they can't save the movie because the story is rather trite.
qdog4h
May 7, 2010
i think i saw this along time ago but im not sure
March 5, 2010
Things never are as bad as they seem
So dream, dream, dream
Brandon Ruch
February 10, 2010
The film has a cast that you can usually enjoy. Unfortunately, This isn't one of there films for it's slow and doesn't have anything exciting to offer.
topologist
November 21, 2009
I wouldn't put this flick on the same level as Passenger but it's a good film. I find it very entertaining.
mcwmichelle
November 16, 2009
Maybe I would have given a better rating if 1. you would have "told" us that it was in a different language. 2. Given us the option of choosing to watch a foreign film.
warrenis
August 23, 2009
how come i cant get these films in my regio ,am i doing something werong
pauladavis3
August 23, 2009
movie is in a foreign language that I can not undnderstand
August 19, 2009
wesley snipes looks good
August 4, 2009
The start of Wesley's decent into "B" movie hell..."
soonergirl72