—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

For Love Or Money Reviews

Leigh R

November 7, 2006
Not one of my favorites by Michael J. Fox, but it wasn't a complete waste.
sanjurosamurai

December 13, 2007
Funny!
StairwayToTheStars
January 4, 2008
It was predictable, for the most part. And they shouldn't give the name Christian to such a nasty guy. I've also figured out that woman have no sense of proper and decent dress, next thing you know they won't wear anything and I won't be able to go outside without throwing up. It was okay, but I wouldn't watch it again.
simplynangel
October 22, 2007
It's an older movie...made in the early 90's...but it's pretty good. It kind of makes you want to work to have his job and work in a hotel.
snoopyhugglez
June 15, 2007
hardly remember what it was about...just remember the pretty lady also starred with al pacino in another movie
avp60685
May 9, 2007
it is a cute story of bellhop who falls for the girl who is the girlfriend of the guy who is doing a favor for him! the results are hilarious and he ends up getting the girl for himself
TinaMalfoy
December 8, 2006
Great film and the music is awesome!!! If you don't like the film that you should enjoy the music!! Heck I own the album...lol
filmlover1994
December 26, 2013
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
September 28, 2013
Pleasant little diversion - more cute than comedic.
ray
August 13, 2012
For Love or Money is a guilty pleasure for me that revokes a lot of childhood memories. After seeing it for the first time a long long time ago I actually wanted to become a Concierge someday. My career goals have changed but this little film still has a place in my heart.

No that it differs a lot from dozens of others 80s or early 90s rom-coms but the charismatic Michael J. Fox and his rapidfire orders and remarks are gold.

Although I doubt it's that easy to get financiers for a hotel project if you're in your mid to late 20s (?), it's strange enough that he's already Concierge at this age, I can't resist the magic of the plot and Fox's likable character.

Hotel staff, much like writers, are one of my favourites when it comes to film character professions, so that's another point For Love or Money has going for it. I also liked the supporting cast, especially Gabrielle Anwar as Fox's love interest, Michael Tucker as Mr Wegman (whose marriage is saved by Fox) and Udo Kier is the German hotel director.

A mediocre film can become a guilty pleasure if it's entertaining enough that you can overlook its shortcomings (and For Love or Money has a lot of them) and that's the case here. Probably my favourite Michael J. Fox film and always worth a rewatch.
January 30, 2012
Michael J. Fox would make a pretty good concierge. That is the best part of the movie. The romance side of the comedy is a little lacking but, is still worth watching.
Zeppo1
October 19, 2009
** (out of four)

Not as funny as its premise would expect. Michael J. Fox dreams of owning his own plush hotel in Manhattan. He finally finds a rich backer (Anthony Higgins), but the he must keep the investor happy by watching the man's mistress.