Speed

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Speed Reviews

October 27, 2012
The thrill level is the same as "The Fugitive," but it's more action-packed thrilling with some idiocy upon the characters. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
August 21, 2014
Ehhhh it was okay I guess, the action was decent but it went on for way to long, and it became a bit (VERY) tedious.
August 14, 2014
Speed is an expertly paced, excitingly staged and explosive piece of 90s action cheese with serviceable performances and terrific suspense.
August 11, 2014
The ultimate action movie from the 90s.
July 31, 2014
I should hate everything about this movie. It's acting is stale, it's script is vapid, it's pacing is shaky in the 1st and 3rd act, it's a live-action video game, the director doesn't bring anything new, the music is sampled from other movies, and the morals are so bad they're death-sentence worthy. And I'm liberal. Yet my teenage hormones seem to find this movie irresistible and I would instantly watch it again.
May 17, 2009
Stephens (Alan Ruck): [Dismayed] We're at the airport.
Ortiz (Carlos Carrasco): Yeah, so?
Stephens (Alan Ruck): I already seen the airport.

I don't know why but I do love Keanu Reeves (don't judge me); but even as die-hard a fan as I am, I gotta say this film wasn't really that good. I guess, it also doesn't help that I've only seen it recently and by now-a-day's standards, the technology then seemed almost prehistoric. The story was okay, although the way it unfolded was simply ridiculous, and not in the good way-- rolling on top of that subway cart comes to mind for one; the lack of superficial or serious injuries even though a bomb went off a few feet away from Reeves' and Bullock's character, or when the bus jumped the gap, or crashing a subway car through a wall. Seriously? Other than that, Reeves and Bullock do have amazing chemistry together and the film as much as it broke many rules of physics was still pretty fun to watch; plus, it's a product of simpler times, so you almost have to give it a pass just for that. Just a little pass.
February 8, 2010
(First and only viewing - 4/7/2010)
July 21, 2014
While I would not put it up there with some of the great 90s action flicks (although the premise is undeniably fun and catching), Reeves and Bullock have enough chemistry to keep you invested for the ride.
June 20, 2012
Not bad of a movie,it was pretty good, it had alotta action,suspense and even some mystery to it. Don't remember if it had any romance to it or not but I'll always pick Speed 2:the sequal compared to Speed.
July 16, 2014
Am I the only sane person here!? This movie is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............bad.
February 3, 2013
5 or 6 cool 3 to 25 second moments In the film. 100 or so boring moments.
July 13, 2014
Admittedly its first and last 20 minutes could have used some fat-cutting, but otherwise, Speed remains an exciting, on-edge thriller with great performances and a surefire high concept.
July 3, 2014
A summer movie can be far-fetched, goofy or perhaps even dumb and yet at the same time be thoroughly entertaining. That is definitely the case with Speed. The whole plot is pretty goofy and does not seem all that valid. But the idea of a bus that always needs to stay over 50 mph makes for a lot of well executed tension and action scenes with a lot of energy. Do not expect your brain to be challenged, but enjoy the ride for what it is, and you are in for a real action-treat!

While the cast is good, it is not exactly overwhelming.
January 10, 2009
It's slightly over the top, but 'Speed' is a heart-pounding adventure ride all the way through and never has a dull moment or slows down.
Jacob R.
April 12, 2014
Speed is a non-stop action thriller that is so entrancing that its two hour run time feels much shorter and it boasts some excellent performances throughout its cast. Speed is Great at 4/5
June 16, 2014
Speed is an all time favorite. I watched it for the first time more than a decade ago and have seen it countless times since, never gets boring and keeps me at the edge of my seat even today despite knowing what's going to happen scene for scene. The premise is unique and fantastic. The protagonist is very likable and Keanu Reeves shows more expressions in this movie than all of the Matrix films. Sandra Bullock is good too and Dennis Hooper is an absolute menacing villain! All the supporting actors are good too and The editing is top notch and screenplay great. The movie moves at an unstoppable speed and 2 hours fly by. Will always love this film.
June 14, 2014
It says a lot about a movie when nearly 20 years later it is still reverenced in pop culture.
April 29, 2011
Una de las mejores películas de acción que he visto. Keanu Reeves divino! Sandra Bullock re linda!
June 8, 2014
Speed is tense, invigorating and terrifying, with such excellent pacing that the movie plays out like an adventure. Bullock is superbly hysterical and sweet natured, Hopper portrays the ruthless and maniacal Howard Payne with amazing conviction, and Keanu Reeves proves himself an action star on par with Willis, Cruise and Gibson. Towards the end of the film, the plot gets repetitive but overall Speed is a awesome action thriller.