Only You Reviews

MANUGINO
½ February 18, 2008
A love story written in the stars

Very good movie! Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. did an amazing job. The story was very easy to follow even though it has a very unrealistic theme. A very nice romantic comedy with a destiny ending.

Destiny. Faith (Marisa Tomei) believes that two soul-mates can be united if they find each other. From the Ouija board, she has found the name of her missing half, and it is D-A-M-O-N B-R-A-D-L-E-Y. Later, at the carnival, the fortune teller sees the name Damon Bradley in the Crystal Ball and Faith is convinced. She is told that "You make your own destiny,...don't wait for it to come to you", but she is looking for Damon. 14 years later, she is engaged to a dull podiatrist and plans to marry until she gets a call from one of his classmates who is on his way to Venice, Italy. The classmate is Damon Bradley. Rushing to the airport to see her soul-mate, she misses him and the plane, but decides, then and there, to go after him. So Faith and her sister-in-law Kate both board the next plane for Italy hoping to find her Damon.
BEACHBUNNI
April 9, 2011
Robert Downey Jr shows his passionate side in this romantic comedy about a young woman, Faith Corvatch (Marisa Tomei), who believes that the love of her life is a man she's never met and she travels to Italy in pursuit of this man she thinks is her destiny.
½ May 19, 2007
Cute and good.
½ November 18, 2009
A super-charged romantic comedy with a ton of heart and great characters. Both Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. are flawless at what they do here, they play people that you can't wait to spend two hours with. Their charm is pouring out and it makes this love story of mistaken identity even more engaging. I really don't think this follows the average structure of the rom-com, so therefore it is all the more impressive. It doesn't hurt that the story takes place in Italy, a perfect backdrop for the puzzle that this story contains.
November 9, 2006
Crazy, but sweet...
mwilliams078
September 21, 2008
Only You, starring Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. is a sweet romantic movie.

It is about a teacher whom believes that hthe man she is destined to be with is out there. The name Damon Bradly is what she is told from a fortune teller and then travels to Italy to meet her dream come true to see if this mysterious man is her true love....it is very cute.
March 3, 2007
Saw this on TV last night and I've got to admit... what an enjoyable chick flick. Sure it was hokey, cliched and far-fetched, but it was entertaining and featured some fine actors.
March 2, 2008
Only You is a cute movie. It works well when all you want is a feel-good movie. The scenes of Italy are fine too, although I preferred Under the Tuscan Sun for Italian scenery.
jjnxn
May 5, 2007
wants desperately to be light as air and ends up labored
April 23, 2011
Over-the-top ridiculous yet LOL funny. Some romantic parts as well.
Naughtia
½ May 15, 2010
A sweet movie about a woman called Faith who through a Ouija board discover the name of the man she's going to marry. She goes for a long time without finding this man and sets to marry another one instead. When she discovers that her dream man is located in Italy she immediately goes there to find him.
August 16, 2010
One of my favorite romantic comedies with a great location of Italy! I loved this movie so much! Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey, Jr. are terrific together in this sweet comedy.
August 31, 2009
Pretty cheesy. I really only wanted to see this for RDJ. Otherwise, this would've been really bad.
August 23, 2009
Cheezy but sweet enough to be enjoyable. The chemistry between Tomei and Downey Jr. is great!
mingsysar
February 22, 2009
I seriously fell for this film. Mainly due to the romance, the interplay and chemistry between the two leads, the two leads themselves: Robert Downey Jr. is self-explanatory but Tomei doesn't deserve the Oscar backlash as she is clearly a great actress and I just love this film's unpredictability.
½ January 6, 2009
Far too many cliches to give this film much credit... but there was some fun to be had. And honestly, only RDJ could deliver such pre-fabbed, sticky sweet lines with any sincerity. Kudos. The plot is often amusing and quirky, though the script is often a bit laboured. Catch this one on TV if you can - if nothing else, you'll giggle at the pure silliness of it.
iLeo
April 12, 2007
A favorite.
March 31, 2007
I just LOVE this movie because it is SO Romantic...and Funny! Robert Downey Jr. and Marissa Tomei are the perfect pair who meet in beautiful Italy. She is there, along with her sis-in-law, looking for her true love/soul mate which was spelled out on a Ouija Board when she was a young teen. Downey's character makes her believe it is him and when she finds out it's not true, the fun continues! All the actors in this are GREAT....Fisher Stevens cracks me up as Tomei's brother and Bonnie Hunt's Brooklyn accented husband. Billy Zane plays quite the character as well!! This movie makes me smile and laugh and go awwwwww.... On "My Favorite Movies" & "My 5 Star Chick Flicks" lists. DVD.
May 19, 2010
Surprisingly good romantic comedy. The plot is absurd, but somehow it works. Some credit needs to go to Marisa Tomei, who is a delight. Bonnie Hunt gives great support and is well cast. Another big plus is the fine cinematography and the location shooting in Italy. It's a sweet film and not completely predictable.
February 3, 2009
I love this movie for the story. I love the throught that a man would do anything to keep them together. and the make out sene is so hot.