Unconquered Reviews

½ October 3, 2014
good historical epic
February 2, 2013
What can I say, Gary Cooper!
Also, I fell in love with Paulette Goddard in this movie.
June 17, 2012
Another great DeMille . This, a story of a freed slave girl, a tyrant who claims her as her master, and warring native Americans in the Ohio River valley. And Gary Cooper stands in between it all. A fun, entertaining piece of Americana with all the DeMille spectacle you want.
March 23, 2012
Fantastic film about the early westward settlers. A great film.
January 22, 2012
Fantastic film about the early westward settlers. A great film.
½ July 14, 2007
Big and loud it's Cecil B. Demille, like a drunk braggert uncle at a family holiday gathering. And this time he's on about manifest destiny and how Native Americans deserved to be divested of their home and life. Oy. Coop is solid as ever but its the supporting cast that's the show here. Look for the great Karloff as a sullen Indian chief.
August 23, 2010
Boasts all the worst traits of DeMille and few of the best. Overlong, schlocky, poorly acted, and pretty much inert. The spectacle is dull and empty, Goddard is boring, and Coop is Coop. I like Coop, but in moderation, and with strong support. He hasn't got it here. It's not altogether woeful, and I guess Ward Bond gives it a bit of spark, but... bah. Disappointing.
May 8, 2010
Super historical movies of earily when PIttsburgh ended the new world! Loved it as a kid, love it as an ole guy!
½ January 28, 2010
About as entertaining as a movie this old can possibly be . . and it's in color! Some interesting history is revealed; the photograpy is good and the chacters are interesting if not totatly believable. Would you believe Boris Karloff as an Indian Chief?
January 7, 2008
This was good, but also rather funny. They call Native Americans Indians and it is rather hokey. It was a 5 million dollar movie and one of Demille's most expensive at the time. But, I prefer the older black and white movies and his later religious and more elaborate films.
August 6, 2008
One of the best "Colonials & Indians" flicks.
Cooper at his stoic best. Goddard at her least annoying. Full of great character actors.
jjnxn
February 17, 2008
Typical DeMille starts out promisingly but goes on too long but still kind of fun.
September 21, 2007
C.B. DeMille was a master of quality productions and this is a prime example.
July 6, 2007
I love this movie. I love Gary Cooper and although this isn't one of the best he's ever done, it isn't such a bad movie.
June 18, 2007
Great movie that I watched so many times when I was a kid. I love the romance between Gary Cooper and Paulette Goddard.