Casino - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casino Reviews

½ January 9, 2016
This 3h(!) extravagenza of swearing, violence and drugs will blow your mind, make you giggle and will propably make any poor student sitting in front of his TV happy he isn't a rich Casino owner.
½ May 27, 2016
waaaaay to long, and way to much narration. But none the less still a nice violent mobster flick from the master. Sharon Stone's best performance thus far .
½ May 25, 2016
a long slow film but thats just the way i like them
May 7, 2016
A spectacular movie, made to please the audience but made very well.
April 15, 2016
Another great Martin Scorsese film this time chronicles a Casino and the mob. this narration heavy film has a very similar style to goodfellas, but is not quite as good. and that is simply because of one character. and I'll get into that later. first off, this movie is never boring. the narration works very well and all of the performances are either good or great. DeNiro is great. Pesci is great. Don Rickles is great. James Wood is great. Sharon Stone is good. she is my biggest flaw with the movie. her character is the most annoying and irritating character I have ever seen. I hated her. there were some great scenes of conflict with her, but her character is the reason it isn't as good as goodfellas. still a great movie though.

8.5/10
April 11, 2016
Sorry Scorsese, you're not getting away unscathed for this one. Casino is essentially Goodfellas with a Las Vegas twist, which is quite odd coming from a director as diverse as Scorsese. Casino may have the same admirable technical qualities to be expected from someone like Scorsese, such as smooth cinematography and fitting production and costume design, but it's not even close to matching the same narrative gravitas of Goodfellas. It's the same rise-and-fall plot featuring characters that feel too similar to those in Goodfellas: Joe Pesci's characters in this and Goodfellas are nearly indistinguishable. Casino gets a bit of a pass for being adapted from true events, but still feels all too familiar. The film also runs far too long: many plot points in the nearly three hour runtime feel expendable and seem to drag. It's not a bad movie by any means, but it's disappointing to see someone like Scorsese ultimately make the same movie twice.
February 18, 2012
One of the best drama films with De Niro, Pesci, and Stone directed by Martin Scorsese. A+
March 21, 2016
When the first sentence out of your mouth after seeing a film is "That was church." you have your favorite movie right there. A film that is as good today as when I first watched it, if not a million times better. The only word to describe this masterpiece is "perfect". Perfect directing, a perfect protagonist, perfect antagonists, a perfect soundtrack, and a perfect story. Quite possibly the greatest gangster-drama ever made, in my opinion. This film cemented for me that Martin Scorsese is one of the greatest directors of all time, and no one will be able to take that title away from him. If I could rate this higher than 100% I would. In short, "Casino" is and will always be, the greatest film I have ever seen. Period!
½ March 21, 2016
Juego de manos es juego de villanos. Este refran embona perfecto con esta historia de 3 horas que narra el lado oscuro e inexplorado de Las Vegas. De Niro y Pesci lucen impecables, y tambien destaca el humor negro (memorable la secuencia inicial del auto que explota).
February 10, 2016
Def one of Scorsese's best!
January 4, 2014
Among Scorsese's movies, Casino has been overshadowed somewhat by its predecessor, GoodFellas. While perhaps not as original, Casino can be seen as a companion piece to that ultimate gangster epic, moving the action to Las Vegas just before corporate power usurped mob influence. DeNiro, Pesci and especially Sharon Stone are all great here.
February 10, 2016
one of the best film i ever seen in my life
January 2, 2016
Often times feels confident in its storytelling, yet falters in its execution. Despite its flaws, it's still a very memorable film.
½ September 21, 2015
Interesting film, but if you have seen some of Scorsese's other "gangster" films it quickly becomes apparent this is not his best. Still good performances and a partially interesting story keep this film fresh.
January 24, 2016
Another Scorcese masterpiece. Him and DeNiro are a pretty good match. Joe Pesci is always fun to see also.
½ January 2, 2016
One of the best films of all time. Lots of classic moments.
December 18, 2015
Amazing.....I just love the amount of blowjobs being thrown around.
December 18, 2015
An ambitious appreciation for the old school is alright by me. This movie comes together perfectly and is nearly flawless. You will never see Stone better and Pesci and De Niro together are national treasures.
July 18, 2014
O conto sangrento sobre sexo, drogas, jogos de azar e mafiosos é baseado em um livro do jornalista investigativo Nicholas Pileggi, adaptado por Pileggi e Martin Scorsese que esta afrente da direção. Robert De Niro esta no centro da trama amparando por Sharon Stone e Joe Pesci, as duas primeiras horas são apresentadas por uma voz chata e constante que acompanha De Niro ou Pesci explicando como o casino opera fazendo tudo parecer um grande documentário sobre casinos. Demasiado longo e tedioso Casino é um conto feio de corrupção, violência e ganância, uma de Torre de Babel pouco convidativa.