Average Rating: 5.6/10
Reviews Counted: 32
Fresh: 16 | Rotten: 16
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 5.7/10
Critic Reviews: 6
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 969,651
Jumanji is a visually elaborate fantasy about an enchanted board game that opens a magical portal to a jungle universe. Two young children, Judy (Kirsten Dunst) and Peter (Bradley Pierce), discover the game in an abandoned home and suddenly are greeted by Alan (Robin Williams), an adult who has spent his life trapped inside the game since playing it at age 12. Alan's only hope for freedom involves finishing the game, but this proves rather dangerous, as Judy, Peter, and Alan find themselves
Dec 15, 1995 Wide
Jan 25, 2000
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Watch It Now
Van Pelt/Sam Parrish
David Alan Grier
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Like the rest of Johnston's oeuvre, Jumanji puts vivid characters through paces that will quicken any child's pulse.
This smart, scary film, is still a favorite to dust off and take from the "vhs" bin
Great special effects and exciting adventure stuff. A bit of a slow buildup and unnecessarily dead parents.
Unsatisfied with just being cute, this sucker wound up being both fun and clever.
A visually impressive and exhilarating adventure that keeps the suspense, thrills and comedy running high through the surprising end and supplies interesting characters with moving plights that keep the audience rooting.
Take away the CGI mayhem and what emerges is a rather touching tale of second chances and innocence prematurely lost.
Audience Reviews for Jumanji
Movies Like Jumanji
- Alan Parrish: Jumanji. A game for those who seek to find a way to leave their world behind. You roll the dice to move your token. Doubles gets another turn. And the first player to reach the end wins.
- Alan Parrish: In the jungle you must wait...until the dice read five or eight.
- Gun Salesman: You're not a postal worker are you?
- Alan Parrish: Jerks!
- Alan Parrish: I've seen things you've only seen in your nightmares. Things you can't even imagine; things you can't even see. There are things that haunt you in the night; then something screams, and you hope to god you will not meet the same fate. Afraid? You don't even know what afraid is.
- Alan Parrish: Did someone roll a five or an eight?
Discuss Jumanji on our Movie forum!
Latest News on Jumanji
December 7, 2012:The Jumanji Remake Gets a Writer
Stranger Than Fiction writer Zach Helm will attempt to "reimagine" and "update" the bestelling...
July 16, 2012:Columbia Plans Jumanji Reboot, 21 Jump Street Sequel, More Men in Black
Because you demanded it.
November 14, 2005:"Little" Stays Big for a Second Weekend at the Box Office
Disney's "Chicken Little" managed to stay atop the box office charts for a second...