Average Rating: 5.6/10
Reviews Counted: 32
Fresh: 16 | Rotten: 16
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 5.7/10
Critic Reviews: 6
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 971,136
The computer-animated creatures brought to life by a board game are fabulous, but on the way from the fanciful childrenŐs book to the screen, the story has become more terrifying for youngsters than exhilarating.
Dec 15, 1995 Wide
Jan 25, 2000
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Watch It Now
Van Pelt/Sam Parrish
David Alan Grier
Latest News on Jumanji
December 7, 2012:The Jumanji Remake Gets a Writer
Stranger Than Fiction writer Zach Helm will attempt to "reimagine" and "update" the bestelling...
July 16, 2012:Columbia Plans Jumanji Reboot, 21 Jump Street Sequel, More Men in Black
Because you demanded it.
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Like the rest of Johnston's oeuvre, Jumanji puts vivid characters through paces that will quicken any child's pulse.
This smart, scary film, is still a favorite to dust off and take from the "vhs" bin
Great special effects and exciting adventure stuff. A bit of a slow buildup and unnecessarily dead parents.
Unsatisfied with just being cute, this sucker wound up being both fun and clever.
A visually impressive and exhilarating adventure that keeps the suspense, thrills and comedy running high through the surprising end and supplies interesting characters with moving plights that keep the audience rooting.
Take away the CGI mayhem and what emerges is a rather touching tale of second chances and innocence prematurely lost.
Audience Reviews for Jumanji
Movies Like Jumanji
- Sarah Whittle: Well, a little rain never hurt anybody.
- Alan Parrish: Yeah, but a lot can kill you.
- Alan Parrish: Jumanji. A game for those who seek to find a way to leave their world behind. You roll the dice to move your token. Doubles gets another turn. And the first player to reach the end wins.
- Alan Parrish: In the jungle you must wait...until the dice read five or eight.
- Gun Salesman: You're not a postal worker are you?
- Alan Parrish: Jerks!
- Alan Parrish: I've seen things you've only seen in your nightmares. Things you can't even imagine; things you can't even see. There are things that haunt you in the night; then something screams, and you hope to god you will not meet the same fate. Afraid? You don't even know what afraid is.
Discuss Jumanji on our Movie forum!