De Niro, Pacino Get Company in Righteous Kill

Incredible cast gets incredibler.

Film fans had to wait decades to see Robert De Niro and Al Pacino share scenes in 1995's Heat. Their second act -- next year's Righteous Kill -- is coming together much more quickly than the first, and ComingSoon has news on new additions to the cast.

The police drama -- in which De Niro and Pacino play a pair of detectives searching for a vigilante killer -- already boasted the participation of the two heavyweights, not to mention Carla Gugino, Donnie Wahlberg, and, um, Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson. Now, ComingSoon reports, the production has added John Leguizamo, Dan Futterman, Trilby Glover, and Rob Dyrdek -- and Brian Dennehy is in talks to join them. From the article:

Leguizamo (Moulin Rouge) plays a cop in the NYPD who butts heads with Pacino and De Niro as they search for a serial killer. Dennehy (Showtime's "Death of a Salesman," Assault on Precinct 13) takes on the role of their captain. Futterman (A Mighty Heart) and Glover (The Starter Wife) both play attorneys, and Dyrdek (MTV's "Rob and Big") a delinquent, who crosses paths with the detectives during their investigations.

Righteous Kill is being directed by Jon Avnet, from a script by Russell Gewirtz, and is scheduled to begin filming...today, actually. How about that?

Source: ComingSoon.net

Comments

DanielLee8793

Daniel Lee

John Leguizamo being in it makes it that much better...

Sep 4 - 06:22 AM

lonechicken

Han Nguyen

Carla Gugino's Killer body is Righteous!

Perhaps with Pacino on the set, Leguizamo will play something similar to "Benny Blanco from the Bronx", one of his few non-annoying roles.

Sep 4 - 07:07 AM

Agro

Agro Thehorse

he was playing himself in that role.

Sep 4 - 07:59 AM

dracus

Cap Nord

And the Oscar goes to ....

Sep 4 - 07:23 AM

pgriffin

Peter Griffin

And the Oscar goes to ....

Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson

Sep 4 - 08:37 AM

dracus

Cap Nord

Now wouldn't that be something?

Sep 4 - 10:46 AM

urinaltractinfection666

aaron moll

This entire production is ruined and covered in fecal sludge thanks to that dumb monkey

Sep 5 - 04:12 PM

Agro

Agro Thehorse

he was playing himself in that role.

Sep 4 - 07:59 AM

pgriffin

Peter Griffin

And the Oscar goes to ....

Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson

Sep 4 - 08:37 AM

dracus

Cap Nord

Now wouldn't that be something?

Sep 4 - 10:46 AM

urinaltractinfection666

aaron moll

Sep 5 - 04:12 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

These additions are sort of mixed...Dennehy is awesome...but Donnie? Really? Hopefully he can suprise me like his brother did in The Departed.

Sep 4 - 09:12 AM

skasforfags

Andy Grant

Never seen Band of Brothers or even that little bit in The 6th Sense?

Sep 4 - 10:11 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

Oh yeah, I forgot about Band of Brothers. Everyone was good in that. Even David Schwimmer (who usually drives me up the wall!). I'm trying to remember his part in The Sixth Sense...hmm. Remind me please.

I actually think both of the Wahlberg's are the kind of actor who needs a certain kind of project to be good. In The Departed, Mark was fantastic. But that wasn't really that difficult of a part, especially considering the dialogue and direction he had. Not really Oscar-worthy, IMO.

Sep 4 - 11:32 AM

KubrickIsG-d

Chris Stevens

if you have any doubts about Donnie Walberg's ability as an actor, just see "Diamond Men" with Robert Forster. He gave a flawless performance in this great film, much better than anything I've seen from his brother. I liked Mark in "Boogie Nights" and "Fear", but his brother is just as good, if not better.

Also I guarentee 50 Cent will play some gangster who everyone assumes is the killer, but ofcourse he is innocent. A murder will occur in the "hood", and now the cops will have to turn to their former suspect for help. Sorry for the spoiler.

Sep 5 - 11:24 AM

skasforfags

Andy Grant

Never seen Band of Brothers or even that little bit in The 6th Sense?

Sep 4 - 10:11 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

Sep 4 - 11:32 AM

dracus

Cap Nord

Now wouldn't that be something?

Sep 4 - 10:46 AM

gojirazilla

marc faulhammer

movie will be gold

Sep 4 - 11:29 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

Sep 4 - 11:32 AM

Herberbaly

Greg White

Donnie was the freak in the shower at the start of the Sixth Sense.... Anyway, movie should kick ***; if it is half as awesome as HEAT was, I'll be more than satisfied.

Sep 4 - 12:13 PM

screwhead100

Ben Wellick

noo!!! WHY is 50 cent going to be in this movie...........i was really lookin forward to this movie up until that statement............i hope he plays a minor role......

Sep 4 - 12:18 PM

sharpless

Matthew Sanderson

They're filming this right around where I used to live, in New Haven, CT. My friend just mentioned that DeNiro was filming up there, so this must be the film.

Sep 4 - 12:28 PM

ck100

Chris Kubat

It's a shame that 50 Cent has to be in this movie. Where are people getting this impression that he can act? It's not like his role in "Get Rich or Die Tryin" was an acting stretch.

Sep 4 - 12:47 PM

GoldbergsVariations

Z Gold

Leguizamo (or however you spell it) used to be good but I've come to the conclusion he spoils just about every film he is in. Not to say he doesn't have talent, but almost every time, he plays his characters over the top - too over the top if there is such thing.

Sep 4 - 12:54 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

One could say the same thing about Pacino over the last 20-30 years though. Not to compare the talent between them or anything.

Sep 4 - 01:50 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Sep 4 - 01:50 PM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

They should replace 50 Cent with Val Kilmer and then all would be well. I like the addition of Leguizamo myself.

Sep 4 - 02:55 PM

Smokey Jones

Stephen Wagner

I've always liked John Leguizamo. Ever since I saw Spike Lee's "Freak". I think he has plenty of talent, but he's usually in a situation where the dialogue and writing in general is sub-par. But when he's given a role he can actually dig into, he's money.

Sep 4 - 03:33 PM

cubs8302

Dustin Schopp

I'm sure 50 Cent will play a kind of a role somewhat similar to that of Tone Loc (Richard Torena) in Heat. Just an informant or something I would imaging. I'm neutral about the Leguizamo addition myself, better to wait and see. Dennehy and Walhberg should both be great.

The only thing that I would like to see different is the director. It would probably turn out a bit better if someone more distinguished was directing it. Michael Mann would be great again; did a great job with Pacino and De Niro last time around. As far as the plot goes, it sounds good to me. The screenwriter wrote the Inside Man, so Righteous Kill should turn out to be a great police drama. I think I need a publisher for this "comment."

Sep 4 - 03:35 PM

Novastar.

Nova Lee

Leguizamo shot Pacino in Carlito's Way,i hope Pacino gets him back in this movie.

Sep 4 - 07:36 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday