She

She Reviews

Sgt. Cockstrain
November 23, 2013
(52%)
A minor 60's classic from Hammer with an intriguing plot running through a fun middle-eastern adventure. They clearly spent more money on this than they did on other Hammer films, with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee both appearing together (always a good sign that its going to be one of the better Hammer offerings) as well as the stunning Ursula Andress appearing at the hight of her fame, that along with some actual overseas location shooting, quite lavish sets and a large cast of extras resulting in a must watch for Hammer/adventure/classic British film fans.
January 16, 2014
Ursula Andress är, förstås, perfekt i rollen som den odödliga, amazonliknande härskarkvinnan Ayesha, men i övrig bjuder denna filmatisering av den gamla boken på många långa och sega transportsträckor. Kort sagt kan man säga att filmen är bra när Andress syns i bild, och mindre bra under den övriga tiden. Logiskt betyg: 2.5!
December 29, 2013
This lavish Hammer Films production proves to be a dull remake.
November 19, 2013
Silly, though entertaining, Hammer Production of the oft filmed H. Rider Haggard story. Ursula Andress is the ancient queen, luring soldiers across the desert, including Major Peter Cushing. Christopher Lee plays one of Andress' minion. It's a very silly story, but the production design is good, Cushing and Lee are always entertaining, and Andress is, of course, gorgeous, even without her diving knife.
KevinRobbins
December 1, 2012
Her wisdom is limitless. Her anger is boundless.

An archeologist in Egypt is presented with a piece of gold by a beautiful native girl. Shortly after seeing the girl he begins having visions of a beautiful woman in the middle of the desert. The woman resides in a lost city with more of the riches handed to him by the native girl. The archeologist convinces two companions to follow him into the desert to find the girl and city. Along the way he falls in love with a gorgeous native girl. Will he ever find the city, and if he finds the city, how will the queen of the city take to the archeologist's new love?

"I wonder what it is that keeps him going?"
"Whatever it is I wish I had some."

Robert Day, director of Peter and Paul, Two Way Stretch, The Green Man, Beyond Witch Mountain, Black Market Baby, and The Haunted Strangler, delivers She. The storyline for this picture is okay but nothing special. The women are beautiful and Christopher Lee plays a pretty good villain but Peter Cushing is a bit underutilized and the main character is just okay. I will say Ursula Andress and Rosenda Monteros looked hot.

"Just the type of chance we've all been looking for..."

This is another Peter Cushing picture I DVR'd this past Halloween season off Turner Classic Movies (TCM) during a Peter Cushing/Christopher Lee marathon (those guys are awesome). I was a little disappointed with this picture overall. It was okay conceptually but a little stale at times and the main character was boring and didn't have much charm. Overall, I'd probably skip this film.

"My priests die as easily as mortals."

Grade: C
October 2, 2012
This begins really interestingly and although it suffers from a sluggish second half it does pick itself up for an exciting finale.
May 13, 2012
About 50 percent campy fun -- with another 50 percent of adventure.
May 6, 2012
Entertainin adventure yarn from Hammer studios!!
February 9, 2012
Decent Hammer production with the insanely beautiful Ursula Andress.
majikhandzz
October 24, 2011
About 50 percent campy fun -- with another 50 percent of adventure.
knowlesey
May 22, 2011
My first Hammer Horror experience and it won't be the last as I'm now rather intrigued by them. It obviously doesn't size-up to films from today but it held my interest thanks to some interesting characters and a good storyline revolving around Ayesha, or known as She, a woman keen on finding her lost lover. It reminded me of 'The Mummy' in a way and while acting and special effects might look a little dodgy now I would think they were good for the 60's, so for what it's worth I'm impressed.
WARP
July 29, 2009
John Richardson, Bernard Cribbins and the Cush bump into She (Ursula Andress) who wants to put Richardson in a blue flame.
razvascr
April 7, 2008
ursula is gorgeous and I liked the ending
kingofthecorn
June 17, 2010
(**): Thumbs Down

Fun at times but it is more cheesy than anything.
Michael G

April 26, 2010
She is a Hammer flick high on style and weak on story. It might pass for a precursor to one of the latter-day Mummy movies or a really woeful Indiana Jones movie. She is a decent adventure movie where an in-her-prime Ursula Andress plays an immortal queen out to find the reincarnation of her lost love. For as foxy as Andress is in this movie, her charms kind of wear off once she starts spouting her dialogue (not that I'm expecting David Mamet, mind you) but Peter Cushing (who kills in the bellydancing scene at the beginning) and Christopher Lee never disappoint. The last act falls apart but I liked the lack of an upbeat ending.
drwho9
December 10, 2008
It's got Ursula in it. (Dr No) That has to be worth something.
September 19, 2008
a strange horror film from hammer studios, following a bunch of archiologists trying to discover a lost city ruled by a woman who has lived for more than 2000 years. Easy going entertainment but a very impressive effect showing an extremely fast ageing process that for the time is very impressive indeed.
January 6, 2008
Fun film, well shot, wonderfully cast - although not quite up to the novel's standards. Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing play well off each other, as ever.
AntManBee
November 10, 2007
The basic storyline may be a little bland and uninvolving, but journeying with the trio of Peter Cushing, Bernard Cribbins and John Richardson is so enjoyable (and Cribbins is the 'glue' that makes it so) that blandness is forgivable, really. Very lavish by Hammer's standards, this adventure flick is something of a minor masterpiece - in a sort of wet-Sunday-afternoon-viewing kind of way.
Ursula's perfectly adequate in the title role (although I'm more of a Raquel Welch man, myself); Andre Morell has a small-but-effective supporting role. Cushing & Lee both have EXCELLENT beards in this! (Although, of the two, Cushing wins hands down.) Cushing and Cribbins would again team up, of course, in the following year's Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150AD.
The name of Chris Lee's character won't fail to raise a chuckle amongst those who know their rock'n'roll history.
And was the cage-lowering-into-lava-pit an inspiration for Temple Of Doom? Wouldn't surprise this viewer.