91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Wuthering Heights Reviews

Red L

February 17, 2013
I was not that impressed. Wuthering Heights is supposed to be a literary classic. There are nine Wuthering Heights movies (from 1939 to 2012) in the Flixster database, so it has to be a good story right? For now I've rated this one 2 1/2 *'s. I will have to see a couple more at least to do some comparison rating.
RCCLBC
RCCLBC

August 31, 2010
I remember really enjoying the book when I read it in school. I remember finding it very tragic and sad. And feeling for the characters to spite their selfish and unkind behavior.

I found that this version of the story presented the characters as completely unlikable and having NO redeeming qualities.

Perhaps I need to revisit the book again as an adult.
iLeo
iLeo

June 9, 2008
Great!!
August 29, 2006
PAIN. TORTURE. THE ANGST. Ahhhh. If you like the book, this won't disappoint at all. It's the best version I've seen so far with some lovely, lovely eye-candy.
April 14, 2013
The only reason I watched this is because I first thought it was the 1939 version of the novel, but then it turned to be this shit.
May 12, 2012
Very disappointing. Missed out the important speech "my love for Edgar/Heathcliff is like...etc" No ghost, and the Edgar's story arc is changed. No passion between the lead characters. I have to say, Heathcliff is a good actor and looks the part.
CatFaery
November 3, 2003
v 1970
They changed the ending, and made the story just about H and C. This cuts out the point of the story, which I think has to do with the lie told by Catherine's father (that he "found" the boy Heathcliff) and the working out of the effects of his lie (the subsequent romance between H and C and their prodgeny). It's more than a story of star-crossed hyper-dramaqueens, and that is missing from this story.