Tornado! Reviews

DragonEyeMorrison
½ June 4, 2010
Oh Bruce....
September 29, 2009
Bruce Campbell and Ernie Hudson are the only reasons to watch this film! It?s a poor man?s Twister in many ways but not as bad as that sounds.
½ November 30, 2010
Good Bruce Campbell movie, for those interested in seeing all his flicks. Basically a rip off of 'Twister', but what were you expecting?
September 28, 2009
Poor special effects, bland acting and the fact that it is a direct rip-off of Twister, released the same year, prevent this film from being entertaining. Predictable, the score is overdone and ihas too much dramatics leading to slow stretches.
October 3, 2008
dear god this is cheesy...like it stayed out all night from the fridge kind....news reel shots of tornados.....ehh...only reason to watch it is for bruce campbell and ernie hudson... one star for bruce other for ernie
March 11, 2008
Cheesy action flick with some Global Warming issues that don't really get dug into. This flick is pretty much a cover story, it doesn't dig deeply into any of the characters or ideas brought up. Pretty much just Bruce meets girl while being a Tornado chaser, girl wants/has to shut down their little operation, Bruce gets girl kinda story.

4 out of 5 stars~ Exactly what I expected when I rented it! This might prove that I'm a little biased and or hypocritical considering I gave the other cheap action movie a lower score, but hey-this is Bruce Campbell we're talking about! Honestly, what do you expect?!?
November 14, 2006
...its a peace of shit....a bad bad bad BAD peace of shit... BUT!!! bruce is in it...ooo my brucy...
February 23, 2015
It may be subpar compared to Twister, but there are good reasons to like it. True, the drama is thin, and there's more chasing than tornadoes, but this is one of those cult-based films to watch for the people. Bruce Campbell and Ernie Hudson make a interesting and fun duo. Even if the thrills never take off, those two made it a easy watch.
January 25, 2014
I have this movie both (1-on Digital video Disc, & 1- on VHS tape), & i have seen this movie on Network Television (Fox Television in Louisville, Kentucky).
½ April 1, 2013
Oh my god! It's a twister! Oh, wait, it is just b-roll stolen from handheld storm chaser footage. But we should still pretend like we are Bill Pullman and Cary Elwes anyway!
½ September 1, 2012
I thought this was going to be a scary and hyped up tornado film. But don't be fooled as the so called 'drama' is completely down on the chart. It is very boring, no action at all and too much talking. I would skip this one.
½ May 24, 2012
Despite potentially being an action-packed caper, this pathetic 'Twister' (1996) cash-in is nothing more than a waste of time, premiering on television three days prior to its blockbuster inspiration's cinematic release.
½ April 16, 2012
The movie is made purely for Ed Wood fans...
March 17, 2012
Much like when Ants and A Bug's Life both came out at relatively the same time. This is a great battle of the studios. Only Tornado got about 1% of the budget that Twister received. Yet, If you are a fan of Bruce Campbell then this is a must see. Truly great in all it's B-movie glory. Bruce is truly a master of "getting it" on one take as two takes would mean more film used, thus spending more money.
June 27, 2011
Streamed this on NETFLIX and it has every cliche that you expect.
- Strong, tuff, urban sophisticate - the woman
- strong, tuff yet gentle country - the guy
- drinking in a Texas roadside saloon and and hangover -woma
-the head of the research project - DOCTOR- black of course
-all knowing WISE sandpaper face- grandfather
- first test of machine - failure of course
gentle country guy vs. SLICKER - TV reporter guy
- gentle country guy TAMES urban sophisticate -makes her country (in jeans) (quits her big city job)
- but what will the new couple live on?????
----oh yeah he gets a fellowship at the university......
AND the CLICHE of cliches..... something big happening on computer screen AND AND AND.... young research associate is asleep ......................
½ December 13, 2009
Very bad movie, To be avoided at any cost. Acting was plastic. No special effects. Bad direction. Even though the movie's name is Tornado but the actual Tornado only appears the last 5 minutes from the 90 minutes full length feature. If you are looking for a disaster movie then look somewhere else
September 28, 2009
Poor special effects, bland acting and the fact that it is a direct rip-off of Twister, released the same year, prevent this film from being entertaining. Predictable, the score is overdone and it has too much dramatics leading to slow stretches.