Fear - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fear Reviews

½ August 30, 2015
Wahlberg is good, other than that, it's all generic.
July 31, 2013
Packed with terror and suspense, Fear is an impressive and eerie suspense thriller leaving me at the edge of my seat the whole time
½ July 24, 2015
Fear tried to take this simplest of concepts and turn it in to a teen attraction, and failed for the most part. Yes the cast is appealing to teenagers who watch movies for nothing more than seeing Reese Witherspoon have an orgasm on a ferris wheel, but others will pick up on the countless cliches that exist and the most predictable ending out there. Mildly amusing, but never rewarding.
½ June 1, 2015
Mark Wahlberg's performance is on par, but the rest of the movie is sort of silly.
May 21, 2015
Good movie! Great performance from Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon! Not one of my favorites particularly but I like it pretty well.
February 5, 2015
This movie did not age well, but it is an entertaining enough story.
½ December 25, 2014
A movie where the entire message is ""Hey look, I'm Mark Wahlberg. What's up?"
November 13, 2014
Fear isn't entirely original and has some blatant conveniences spread around it to move it's story along. Bill Petersen is sometimes unintentionally funny but overall solid, Reese Witherspoon is convincing in her debut role and Mark Wahlberg is excellent as her deceitfully charming yet psychopathic new boyfriend. I wasn't a fan of the abrupt ending and although the climax was slightly far-fetched at times, it was intense and satisfying overall. Fear was enjoyable delivering a smooth pace with good performances and as a thriller it works on most levels.
September 21, 2014
Average But Predictable Psychological Thriller Which Doesn't Fail To Entertain. Fear showcases The Darker Side Of First Love And How It Can Be Turned Into A Deadly Obsession. The Film Itself Is A Slow-Burn Thriller Which Features A Good Solid Script & Good Solid Performances From It's Main Cast, It Creates a Great Atmosphere And It Slowly Gets Darker & Darker The Longer The Film Goes On. The Film Features Good Solid Performance's From Both Lead Actors, Mark Wahlberg & Reese Witherspoon In Early Roles.
September 14, 2014
Over the top and filled with mid-1990's cheese, Fear is a fun thriller with a great early performance from Mark Wahlberg.
½ February 22, 2010
An intense thriller with Mark Wahlberg in an unexpected role as a psychotic villain. (First and only viewing - 3/16/2010)
July 20, 2014
the whole time I just wanted to see Mark Wahlberg's character get killed.
July 14, 2014
The fear showed more fun and fab that fear itself... :-)
December 13, 2011
I own this on DVD and Blu-Ray
March 27, 2014
Not a bad start for Mark Wahlberg, he prety much carried the movie and did a damn fine job of it
March 6, 2014
awesome movie with a great creepy character played by wahlberg.
"It all could have been different Mr. Walker.."
February 16, 2014
Still better than the 1981 and 2014 versions of endless love
February 9, 2014
~ to be reviewed soon ~
½ January 25, 2014
An actually half-decent romantic thriller with solid performances from a young cast. It's fun to watch Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon at the nascent stages of their budding film careers. William Petersen of CSI and Manhunter fame is also solid as the girl's father who is far too suspicious of her boyfriend's behavior and knows he's up to no good. Solid performances elevate what is ultimately a routine thriller. But it's fun to watch if you're in a nostalgic mood, especially if you were an adolescent of the mid-1990s like me so I relate to the characters a bit. Fear does hold up well despite being made in the mid to late 1990s and its themes are still very relevant to today's teenage youth.
January 13, 2014
This is an entertaining little movie. If I had a daughter I would certainly make sure we watched this together and talk about the film. I will certainly be showing this to my nieces. When they are old enough of course, the movie is R after all. There is a little language but it is not bad for an R movie, a few f-bomes but nothing you would not hear in passing out in public. No nudity, I think the main reason for the R ratting is the sex that is implied between teenager and maybe a man in his 2e it to the extreme. This is a movie with a message, yes it is taken to the extreme. But i enjoyed the movie even so..