Fear - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fear Reviews

April 17, 2016
well that escalated quickly! also why was everyone in the family just sitting on the floor during that last scene?! even though dad did what needed to be done, he surely could've used some help, or distractions at the very least. obviously Reece's character was kind of stupid, but who can blame her when she's got Mark chasing her... holy crap; i think he's attractive now, but 20 years ago?? whoofta! teenage (any age, really) crush much? what an attractive specimen. even with that awful hair cut and those awful pants.
June 10, 2014
A good thriller. Some drama and good acting. Not much of a plot.
November 14, 2015
This was really good. I swear it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.
½ August 30, 2015
Wahlberg is good, other than that, it's all generic.
August 16, 2015
This very early piece introduces us to Reese Witherspoon, and shows us that Mark Wahlberg has presence on the screen, but as an actual thriller...it doesn't hold much weight.
July 31, 2013
Packed with terror and suspense, Fear is an impressive and eerie suspense thriller leaving me at the edge of my seat the whole time
½ July 24, 2015
Fear tried to take this simplest of concepts and turn it in to a teen attraction, and failed for the most part. Yes the cast is appealing to teenagers who watch movies for nothing more than seeing Reese Witherspoon have an orgasm on a ferris wheel, but others will pick up on the countless cliches that exist and the most predictable ending out there. Mildly amusing, but never rewarding.
½ June 1, 2015
Mark Wahlberg's performance is on par, but the rest of the movie is sort of silly.
May 21, 2015
Good movie! Great performance from Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon! Not one of my favorites particularly but I like it pretty well.
February 5, 2015
This movie did not age well, but it is an entertaining enough story.
½ December 25, 2014
A movie where the entire message is ""Hey look, I'm Mark Wahlberg. What's up?"
December 19, 2014
An average film that really was Wahlbergs first big picture before his Boogie Nights breakthrough. He plays a young man who has a violent past and definite questions about his motives. He falls for one of the rich goody girls, who overall is young, nice, sweet and naive. Her dad realizes something is wrong with the guy and doesn't approve instantly. The film chronicles his behavior as it ascends lower and lower and more dark secrets are found out...and we realize the dude is a bad human being that could even threaten their well being. Despite this she still wants to date him until it's too late and he turns on her and her family.

it's cheesy and predictable however and we know where it's going from the start.
the acting isn't good enough, neither is the script to ultimately save it's flaws.
November 13, 2014
Fear isn't entirely original and has some blatant conveniences spread around it to move it's story along. Bill Petersen is sometimes unintentionally funny but overall solid, Reese Witherspoon is convincing in her debut role and Mark Wahlberg is excellent as her deceitfully charming yet psychopathic new boyfriend. I wasn't a fan of the abrupt ending and although the climax was slightly far-fetched at times, it was intense and satisfying overall. Fear was enjoyable delivering a smooth pace with good performances and as a thriller it works on most levels.
November 10, 2014
The 90s was a hive of activity
September 21, 2014
Average But Predictable Psychological Thriller Which Doesn't Fail To Entertain. Fear showcases The Darker Side Of First Love And How It Can Be Turned Into A Deadly Obsession. The Film Itself Is A Slow-Burn Thriller Which Features A Good Solid Script & Good Solid Performances From It's Main Cast, It Creates a Great Atmosphere And It Slowly Gets Darker & Darker The Longer The Film Goes On. The Film Features Good Solid Performance's From Both Lead Actors, Mark Wahlberg & Reese Witherspoon In Early Roles.
September 14, 2014
Over the top and filled with mid-1990's cheese, Fear is a fun thriller with a great early performance from Mark Wahlberg.
½ February 22, 2010
An intense thriller with Mark Wahlberg in an unexpected role as a psychotic villain. (First and only viewing - 3/16/2010)
August 13, 2014
Mark Wahlberg, is a fantastic actor, he's proven to be nice, and creepy. Its a Mark Wahlberg version of Single White Female.
June 16, 2007
Always a guilty pleasure... fun in that '90s thriller kind of way. Oozing with overacting, teen sex and violence.
July 20, 2014
the whole time I just wanted to see Mark Wahlberg's character get killed.