57% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Arrival Reviews

June 25, 2014
This underrated Sy Fy film bring us a story with a credible scientific support. In "Contact", the aliens communicate us how to travel to light speed to meet them, this time they communicate between them to organize and proceed with the "terraforming" of our planet and posterior conquer. Good choice to watch this night.
Vincent
June 18, 2014
There are moments of brilliance... But it's hampered down by it's moments of idiocy.
March 14, 2014
Loved this when it came out... not so much any more.
February 16, 2014
Fair attempt at an alien conspiracy on earth story with a very neurotic Charlie Sheen doing an average job as lead, although to be fair to him there's a lot of lost potential about this movie.
February 11, 2014
Pretty good story, but terrible acting & directing.
October 20, 2007
Outstanding movie. Totally underrated and for some reason ,any people don't get it. A shame.
October 22, 2013
Currently watching....
October 7, 2013
I find it well done and fun
April 8, 2008
Finally, a Charlie Sheen performance worth seeing. Loved every second of this very underrated film! Ron Silver is great in this as well. RIP Ron :(
September 15, 2013
Charlie Sheen must have been a hot-shot in-demand actor in the 90's because honestly speaking, I find him:
1) A Funny Guy
2) A Funny Guy who knows only how to Over-act
3) A Funny Guy who looks silly when he is trying to act serious.
4) A Funny Guy who thinks he is a good actor.
5) A Funny Guy who doesn't know how to act.

So when you look at Charlie Sheen act in this movie, there are moments you do not know whether to laugh or if there is a hidden agenda or if what is happening is truly serious.

However, the movie by itself is quite entertaining and unique in its approach. I liked the concept and the storyline. But there again, the ending was flat out and disappointing. Director David Twohy (Riddick, the Fugitive and A Perfect Getaway) does bring a unique perspective to the movie however you wish it would take you to a climax rather than anti-climatic scene.

Moment of Truth
Watch the movie. It is different. But yeah, keep in mind - Charlie Sheen seriously is a funny guy.

Overall Ratings
6 out of 10

Loy Machedo
loymachedo dot com | whoisloymachedo dot com
September 7, 2013
kinda original very dated now
filmlover1994
July 23, 2013
My Favorite Science Fiction Film Is 1968's 2001: A Space Odyssey.
July 21, 2013
One real alien knocker movie
June 28, 2013
A guy finds the holy grail for SETI nerds---an alien transmission coming from a planet light years way. And oops, he just got himself caught up in a major conspiracy. The movie is a fresh spin on the whole "aliens are invading Earth" thing.
June 20, 2013
Only interesting because of the Aliens.
May 10, 2013
Good Sci Fi thriller, well written and includes an excellent cast, one of the better Sci Fi movies from the 1990's
July 6, 2007
It might surprise you that this movie doesn't totally suck. I think that's in large part due to the talents of director, David Twohy.
April 9, 2013
It's an ok film, I found myself anticipating the end. Much too lengthy for an unimpressive ending.
March 25, 2013
Decent movie for having charlie sheen in it....
Dave J
February 26, 2013
Tuesday, February 26, 2012

(1996) The Arrival
SCIENCE-FICTION

Another "alien invasion" movie which is a cross between "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" and "They Live". Starring Charlie Sheen as Zane Kaminsky an astromoner who as a result of coming across some strong sound waves gets turned away as a result of trying to get more gov't funding but continues his speculations because of his perserviance. He then gets interventioned by some strange people including his ex-boss in a way of sabotaging and then elimination. Been done before but not quite like this which at the start may seem like a gov't coverup similar to The X- Files but as the movie progresses becomes much more complicated. Lindsy Crouse also stars as the other astronomer.

2.5 out of 4 stars