Jack

Jack Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

June 13, 2012
Jack is one of Francis Ford Coppola's most mediocre outings as a director. The film had plenty of good potential of being a great film, but it falls flat and just ends up being mediocre. I thought the film started off well, but it just fell apart as the story progressed. The film could have been very good, but there's something missing to really make this standout. I felt that Robin Williams wasn't that great here, and he has made much better. Considering that such a great director as Francis Ford Coppola directed this, you'd expect a great film. But unfortunately this is among his worst films. Considering that he made The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, it's hard to imagine that Jack is a dud, but it is. Towards the ending, you simply can't wait for the film to end, and it just isn't memorable enough like so many other films. This film simply didn't deliver anything great; in the end it was boring, poorly crafted and overall mediocre. I didn't like this film, and I felt that due to its idea, it could have been so much better than what it turned out to be. Jack is not a film worth seeing, and like I've said, Coppola has done far better than this. This is not a film worth remembering and I think this on its own is a film that is underdeveloped and poorly constructed for dramedy. The film lacks anything great and it lacks any real moments where you end up caring for the characters. I just feel that this tried too hard delivering something sentimental, and ultimately failed.
Lucas M

May 5, 2011
Not the worst movie that I ever see, but the worst movie that Coppola could direct. Jack is the real end of the great filmmaker that made The Godfather. Rotten.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
This movie has such a strange, unreal, outrageous premise, I can't decide whether it's horrible or incredibly interesting. Overall, it's just okay, I guess. Sort of another excuse for a grown man to act like a kid, I guess, and Williams knows how to do that.
movieguru12
movieguru12

March 5, 2008
Story about how everyone is the same and no different.
KJ P

May 5, 2010
Very entertaining! I know I shouldn't like it, but I find it extremely heart-felt, funny, and entertaining! It get's a great big recommendation from me!
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

March 3, 2008
Coppola baby, classic shit.
deano
deano

January 24, 2007
Robin Williams adds another misfit to his resume in this mostly lighthearted fantasy - tragedy about a little boy with an unusual disease that causes premature aging. James DeMonaco and Gary Nadeau's script too often take the easy way out, focusing on the comedic aspects of a boy trapped inside a man's body, rather than dwelling on the situation's truly tragic aspects.
Keysha H

August 31, 2007
Coppola makes a heartfelt family film! Nuff said.
Luke B

April 14, 2007
From the director of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now comes a story where Robin Williams plays a 10 year old. If one was forced to use a body part to describe this film it would be Bollocks, and not THE bollocks, just average bollocks. Coppola proves the higher you clmb, the greater the fall.
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 14, 2007
Heart warming movie about a boy who ages.
Bobby H

June 16, 2007
One of Robin Williams' best films. Lacked some in reality, but, other then that, was a funny film, with a sad but good ending.
Rachel F

June 3, 2007
So cute.
Drew S

January 21, 2007
Bleeeh. Who really cares about this movie anyway?
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 18, 2007
sad movie, funny but hard to watch
garyX
garyX

January 5, 2007
Pointless, retarded "comedy" in which Robin Williams pretends to be a ten year old. Incomprehensibly, this was directed by the same man responsible for Apocalypse Now...*shakes head in disbelief*
Leigh R

January 2, 2007
Cute...
Jason S

December 28, 2006
Funny and heartfelt at the same time.
Sarah G

November 26, 2006
I remember watching this as a kid and almost cried at the end and several other instances in the movie. There's definatly something about this that you can't ignore. I recomend everyone to see it, if you haven't!
Aaron N

May 30, 2006
From the director of the Godfather triolgy and Apocalypse Now comes the epic story of...ok never mind, this movie sucks, Williams has a disease that's not even real or inspired by one that is real and could be interesting, but it isn't taken anywhere. Lame jokes and manipulitive "sad" moments.
Shawn M

May 18, 2012
Very sad, depressing yet uplifting and very inspirational, a story of an outsider who's bullied by his disability and doesn't have a long life :(