Solo Reviews

deano
½ June 21, 2007
Hollywood's first African-American android hero is a perfect fighting machine except for one thing - he's developing feelings. This angers military brass so much that they intend to mess with his microchips, so he flees into the South American jungle where he saves local peasants from armed rebels, battles an evil android, and learns to laugh.
garyX
July 13, 2007
Typically cheap and generic action movie from Mario Van Peebles, who plays an android with a conscience who escapes from his military creators when faced with "reprogramming". It's basically a rip off of Terminator 2 with shades of Predator, and not a particularly good one. Why is it these high tec androids can never grasp the concept of "lying" and "why we cry"? Because action scriptwriters are talentless ****wits. That's why.
June 28, 2007
Pretty good. Typically cheap and generic action movie from Mario Van Peebles.
November 23, 2009
Mario Van Peebles is the man! But this is the very definition of so bad it is good.
April 15, 2010
Well, it's like terminator only different. I like it a lot, but I don't love it. I liked that instead of a robot just saying "I don't feel, I'm not programed to" like they do in all the other movies, he actually tries to understand, tries to be like others. I like that there are no glitches in his own directives, they paid good attention to making him perfect as the creator made him, not as the buyer wanted him. I mean yes, we have a lot of robot movies these days, but this one and the terminator are the only ones worth watching really. These types of movies started it all, the new ones just follow suit. And the way he evolves and acts really is funny. Like he is an animal who is so curious he will put his nose to the crab, get snapped, and still wonder what's going on. It makes me smile.
June 4, 2007
Pretty good. I liked Adrien Brody's part the best. He is such a great actor. I hate it when he dies in movies, eventhough he does it very well.
½ May 2, 2015
As just a pure out popcorn action flick there's some enjoyment here.
½ December 3, 2014
Solo is a poor film - that cannot be ignored. The acting for the most part is very wooden (the only exception is Adrien Brody's performance as Solo's creator Bill) and the story is slight enough that you would probably forget it WHILST you where watching the film. That said, such films are more about the action than the plot/acting and, as such, live or die by the action set pieces - that after all is the point of such films - to give 14 year-olds something to smile at whilst the adults watch films of actual substance. And even on this Solo fails to deliver - what little action there is is poorly done, dull and uninspired. After seeing the trailer for this on television I was hoping for something along the lines of Predator with a robot replacing the Predaot. Instead I got a fairly lifeless action film with a poorly constructed attempt at depth by taking on message that robots can feel too. Watch Terminator II or Predator instead.. both classics that this film desperately wants to be except it lacks the inspiration or, to be fair, the budget.
May 21, 2014
One of the most boring "action" movies ever.
April 5, 2014
Solo fails to be an action movie, the emotions are lost in translation, the clichés are easily found, and it is also unbelievably boring, Solo is a dumb action movie with no shred of humanity.
½ January 10, 2012
Great to watch for those "worst movie ever" get togethers
½ June 1, 2010
Kind of a dumb plot, but some good action in this movie.