19% Transcendence Apr 18

101 Dalmatians Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 9, 2007
I love the cartoon version of 101 dalmations but i still very much enjoy this movie as well! Its funny, a great cast and you just have to love all the dalmation puppies!
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

January 29, 2012
This is one of the most boring, dull, annoying and most unnecessary live action remakes of all time. Honestly, who wants to watch some trashy remake when they can watch the original heartwarming animated classic. There's a good Cruella performance but apart from that all I can say is. Why?
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

September 25, 2011
The live adaptation of the classic 101 Dalmatians is simply terrible. The film fails to succeed in capturing the essence of the classic Disney animated version. I felt that the idea was good, but the film lacked so much in terms of quality and elaborate script. The film can be seen as a remake of sorts because it's almost a shot for short film, aside from a few added scenes and updated elements. The cast do their best with the lacking script, but unfortunately their acting can't save the film. Even Glenn Close can't save this film, and she was the best in the film. The film is a disappointment and will most likely disappoint fans of the animated classic. The film is a good attempt, but ultimately it fails, and is one of the worst live action Disney films that I've seen. I really enjoyed the animated film as a kid, but this, this was horrible. 101 Dalmatians is a film that hasn't stood the test of time, unlike the original. This version is too silly, too stupid, and too poorly executed to enjoy., Maybe kids will enjoy, but really as a family film, there are far better family films out than this one, and that includes the superior animated classic. This is a missed opportunity, and it just shows that some films aren't meant to be remade. This film fails to entertain, and when it tries to do something amusing, you just don't care because it's been done better before. A stupid, pointless film that just misses the mark. Awful film.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

August 15, 2011
Terrible, simple as tha, it was boring and just a chessy live action remake.
Alexander D

June 29, 2011
Good+
AJ V

September 6, 2010
If you loved the original movie so much that you wished the people were real, see this movie. If you think, like me, that the original was great and works best as a cartoon, don't see this movie. The actors are well known, and try their best in this, but the story is too ridiculous to be live action. This movie is okay, but the animated film is much better.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
A childhood favourite and a classic!
Jennifer X

May 29, 2007
Glenn Close, I love you, but this is beneath you.
Conner R

January 25, 2011
It was a pretty decent remake of the animated classic with a really nutty performance from a very devoted Glenn Close. My main complaint is that none of the animals talk. It essentially eliminates half of the story. All you're left with is a love story and a crazy lady, which is okay, but not great.
KJ P

January 27, 2010
It's not the greatest disney film, but for what it is all cracked up to be, it succeeds wonderfully. It's raw, and seems like there is a lot missing, but I found it very enjoyable.
Richard C

July 21, 2010
F
erika250
erika250

March 19, 2010
this story really came to life when they put real dogs and people in this film.
deano
deano

June 21, 2007
Excellent loving, funny and live-action version of 1961 Disney animated. It has a fun feeling and atmosphere and some great characters. I couldn't stop laughing the slapstick on stereotypical villains Jasper (Hugh Laurie) and Horace (Mark Williams) - these are alike Home Alone's .
Glenn Close is perfectly cast as über-villain Cruella De Vil and portrays a highly memorable character. The cute dalmations are most excellently employed. Virtually seamless integration of live action and computer animation. And also, the hosts of animals (live and animated) in the film do NOT talk in the following ultimate Disney animated classic.
Anthony L

September 29, 2009
I have 101 reasons to why I don't like this film!
Cassandra M

August 11, 2006
I thought that 101 Dalmations was brilliant to watch, the humour to the movie was laughable and great. I thought Glenn Close played a great part of playing that evil woman Cruella De Vil. I think Glenn Close is a brilliant actress and i thought she was good in both 101 and 102 Dalmations movies.
cosmo313
cosmo313

July 7, 2009
Just ok. Not quite terrible, but not great either.
MeetMeinMontauk
MeetMeinMontauk

May 24, 2009
Glenn Close MAKES this.
Leigh R

August 9, 2006
Good. Glenn plays a wonderful meanie...
Sophie B

July 22, 2007
An ok childrens film. Not much to say really.
Dean !

December 30, 2006
This live action version of the Disney classic is very enjoyable. Staying very true to the cartoon and with a great, mainly British cast. Glenn Close is perfect as the wicked Cruella DeVil. There are plenty of laughs along the way as well.