19% Transcendence Apr 18

Jack Frost Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

August 15, 2011
Jack Frost is a very interesting comedy horror film.
I thought the idea of a killer snowman film was interesting, and the poster art was cool too. So I gave this one a shot, and to my surprise, quite enjoyed it.The film is a B movie, but it manages to be a lot of fun. This is the type of film that one must shut off your brain to enjoy. I think that this film is underrated a bit. Yes, it's silly, bad and unbelievable, but that's the whole point of this film. I don't think the filmmakers tried to do something serious with this film. The result is a humorous comedy horror film that has many chuckles thrown in. I liked this film, and I appreciate the change of pace of the usual formula that most horror comedy tends to use. Jack Frost is different, and that's what I found refreshing. I enjoyed the silliness of this film and the second film. If you're in the mood for something fun and different and enjoy a decent B movie, then this is the film for you. Sure the film is uneven, but it does succeed in being entertaining, and if you can get by the fact that it's really silly, then you're sure to enjoy this film. Not a great film, but good enough to be an interesting hour and thirty minutes. A cool little horror comedy with more laughs than actual horror, a fun film to watch with friends.
Lady D

February 19, 2007
Possibly one of the worst Horrors ever made, it?s way too ridiculous an idea to be scary, it?s watchable, just to see how bad this is.
Dean !

May 26, 2010
Oh dear this is as bad as it sounds, even for a comedy horror. Killer snowman says it all, funny one liners but you'll just be laughing at the effects, acting, story more than anything else.
Luke B

March 22, 2009
Camp as Christmas takes on a new meaning with Jack Frost. Simple story played for laughs. It certainly gets a few but often the jokes are only funny for being so bad. There are some nice lines, some corny characters and just plain weirdness. Shannon Elizabeth bathroom rape comes to mind. It's a great 89 minutes for what it is and should be enjoyed around Christmas with a fine wine.
puffchunk
puffchunk

November 30, 2007
A snowman rapes a woman. Nuff said.
Lafe F

June 9, 2007
It looks like a good presmise for a comedy horror movie, but it's badly executed. I've seen episodes of The Muppet Show with better special effects. This is cheapass bad with a boring script. The killings are lame. Not much happens. It's tagline suckered me into thinking that something that looked like a snowman was running around killing people, when really it's all poorly done with terrible death scenes. The actors are horrible as well. I'd sooner watch the Leprechaun films anytime!
nuheart
nuheart

January 28, 2007
I know it wasn't MEANT to be high art or anything, but this was shite even by shite standards.
Cinema-Maniac
Cinema-Maniac

January 16, 2012
So how do you make a good horror/comedy, nothing like this. I know it's not meant to taken seriously as a horror movie in which it fails miserably, but it also fails to live up to the comedy aspect as well.

Serial killer, named Jack Frost (i'm not making this up) is genetically mutated in car wreck on the way to his execution. After which, he becomes a murdering snowman hell-bent on revenge for the sheriff who caught him, who lives in the town of Snomonton and the killer of this movie just happens to be Snowman. Okay, I thought by now I would be use to bizarre horror plot by now, apparently not as this totally took me by surprise. I mean it opens with annoying little girl wanting a story, and her father tells her a story of a serial killer named Jack Frost because nothing says Christmas better than a story about a serial killer. So moving on, I see the Jack Frost being taken to be executed during a blizzard and yet there's no snow the ground. After those two annoyances we're treated to the worst and cheapest car crash in movie history. Than Jack gets hit with some acid chemicals, dies, and mixes into the snow in a very cartoonish way.

So after seeing that nothing much interesting happens as the sheriff son cooks some disgusting looking food, a snowman building competition with a lack of snow in a sunny day, someone being killed a Arby oven-mit I presume, a sister who could care less that her brother died, a girl drying her already dried hair for like hours only to take a shower later on, and a Snowman raping a woman. So after the Snowman finish raping his victim he lights a cigar, I definitively didn't see that coming. So after failing to kill Jack Frost the evil Snowman with a blow dryer, the sheriff goes into his car and slams whatever his son cook into Jack Frost face. I'm guessing it's because it's so poorly prepared it was that it would cause anyone to face to melt.

So after discovering it was anti-freeze the sheriff distracts Jack Frost by running into a building and interrupts someone having sex with a goat. I rewind the scene to make sure it wasn't a goat, but as I have come to learn nothing is ever too ridiculous in horror movies. So they kill Jack Frost and bury him and comeback in the "You've got to f****n be kidding me" award winning sequel.

Jack Frost succeeds in only being funny in filming error and some ridiculous moments from the evil killing Snowman. Unfortunately there wasn't enough for me as sometime random events in the background are more humorous than what in the foreground. I would recommend it for bad movie lover, but only if you could watch it as a comedy and not a horror. Other than that, it's certainly not the worst i've seen in the genre so I gave it a an 10% just because it wasn't completely un-watchable.
Jacob P

June 8, 2011
This movie is so bad it's hilarious.
jwalker755
jwalker755

June 11, 2010
There is humor... just not good humor. A fast paced film with little substance and a lot of back story that you never really learn. It's one of those movies that you don't really admit that you've ever watched but at the same time it's great to laugh about how ridiculous the entire movie is.
Laurence C

June 29, 2009
Monstrously written, shot and cut together, this absolute detritus tries to obtain both the spooky horror and ha-ha B-movie feel. Needless to say, it is an outright failure at both genres. The whole thing ends up as an ugly-as-hell stockpile of outrageously terrible ideas, such as placing snowmen props and decorations in every fuckin' shot or having the requisite horny barbie doll get raped by a carrot. The god-awful music, mostly thundering guitar solos whenever someone bites it, almost steals the show on its own. Most actors are also embarassing, but in a fun way.

For a 90 minutes of pure mockery and slackjawed horror (''oh no, they fucking DIDN'T''), Jack Frost is mostly worthless because the dialogues and situations are just so damn boring. But there are occasional bits of hilarity here and there (most of which you can find on YouTube), so if you want to be able to brag to your friends about having seen that 1996 Killer Snowman pictures... I won't stop you.

Here's a nice closet skeleton, too : Shannon Elizabeth is the one who gets the deadly carrot between her legs. That's cute to have on a resume, no?

...and, wait... who the hell funded this, anyway?!
Stephen M

June 17, 2007
Where's the carrot? Ahh, classic crappy horror movie comedy.
Marcus W

December 19, 2007
By acknowledging how ridiculous the concept is from the start, this film is free to be as nonsensical as it wishes, and it does. The murders themselves are creative and Jack himself is a riot. A subplot about studying-over-killing Jack adds some depth, but all in all, this is a film about a serial-killing mutant snowman. It does exactly what it says on the box.
December 22, 2013
More fun than it should be. A sick, tongue-firmly-in-cheek horror comedy from the mid-90s. Bad snow-based puns, check. Inventive kills, check. Bad taste, check. Puppet snowman, check. Catch this in the right mood, and you'll have fun.
justybear96
July 21, 2012
B+

I watched this with my little brother and he is now deathly afraid of snow men haha, but anyways it's not scary, or good. The acting is bad and the effects are bad too. So, overall this movie sucks but I enjoyed watching it.
December 3, 2010
You know, I quite prefer this to the Michael Keaton film.

"It looks like Christmas came early."

Three guesses to what that line refers to.
January 4, 2010
The movie was pretty bad, the laughable dialogue, poor special effects. However, those things make it entertaining to watch.
CxxOgdenxxSince91
October 26, 2008
if your lookin for a horror movie no..but this 1 was pretty funny with a lot of memorable quotes literally.lol
djradabaughmetaldrummer
April 10, 2008
Might want to keep this one away from your younger children. Or they wont look at winter/x-mass the same again.
March 21, 2008
Everyone should see this movie if only for the fact that Shannon Elizabeth gets raped by a snowman. Hilarious