Bliss - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bliss Reviews

½ August 17, 2013
I think this was one of the most sensitive and accurate movies about what it's like for sexually abused women in a committed relationship. I loved the female perspective
½ November 9, 2011
This was a weird one to watch, as it takes a bizarro approach to a couple who are unable to connect sexually, essentially asking the husband in a relationship to open himself up to the most invasive forms of therapy, which involves Terence Stamp pleasuring his wife and eventually teaching him how to do this himself.

It all feels a lot like a glorified Cinemax sex thriller, with more love trappings laid over the sex framework to punch it up a bit.

Worth a look for some hot Sheryl Lee action, but not a lot else in my opinion.
August 26, 2010
Brilliantly done, Zod.
July 3, 2010
2 manin aspects of this movie:
a) How most of the westerners centre their power around the crotch areas, when dealing with relationships
b) What are the different ways of making your relationship with your partner, more sexciting....

These 2 aspects have put together really well, if that is what the makers of the this film were looking to do...
March 19, 2010
Came 'highly recommended' from a trusted source as an 'erotic thriller.' I found it neither erotic nor thrilling in any sense of the word. It's not completely without redeeming value so I stuck it with two stars.
January 7, 2010
It's a mid 90s drama and it feels that way... a little cheesy at times but it is very enjoyable and thought provoking.
divinetrash
November 4, 2009
I love Sheryl Lee, but I found this film to be dreadful. It's ridiculous, laughable and poorly executed. Everything about it is a joke.
October 24, 2009
Awful. I couldn't even make it through.
September 22, 2009
Why would a sex therapist who foresaw the effect teach her husband to do on her one thing that she'll hate?
July 6, 2009
Quite interesting synopsis.
½ March 13, 2009
Beautiful movie Terrance Stamp is great in this.
½ February 3, 2009
Surprisingly decent drama, buoyed largely by Terence Stamp's excellent performance, and a script that's pretty smart. This is not a straight-to-cable softcore flick like the box is trying to sell you.
½ November 22, 2008
interesting film. deals with pretty intense subject matter (sexual abuse) in a realistic manner. Interesting approach including tantra and self healing. I liked the movie. Not what I expected it to be.
September 3, 2008
This movie defines "sexual healing" is the story of a couple who heal their relationship and themselves by exploring their own sexuality and intimacy. Terence Stamp plays a great role as the therapist that helps the couple discover their inner healing through sex.
The movie can be heavy on the theory side at times, but the subject matter is intriguing. It's a movie that couples should watch together. Who knows? It may give some people ideas.
½ June 17, 2008
An absolutely intriguing study about sex between men and women, how its power can be healing and how much the average person doesn't know about it. This unveils the mysteries of sexuality between men and women, what they are both looking for and shows the beauty it truly can possess. This was a beautiful, beautiful film that brought me to tears and I feel it is a great film for every man and woman to see. For inspiration or just knowledge. It goes above and beyond all we think we know about sex. It also shows the horrible affects sexual childhood abuse can have on a person and how future sex can damage and heal this all at the same time. A most thought provoking film that isn't lustful or disguisting, but intriguing and beautiful. Such an enrapturing study. It makes me want to learn more, infact this film should inspire everyone to want to learn more... its just beautiful.
July 6, 2008
Tastefully erotic, but, moreso, makes you think about physical intimacy and how it is so much a part of a relationship. Men should watch this movie for it's insight into women....!!
July 22, 2007
Kinky, funny, sincere, and smart. Terrence stamp is great and a therapist who leads a couple down the road of self discovery through sex. For me It's not a guilty pleasure it's an innocent one.
June 7, 2008
I love the challenge of the title, itself, but this movie opened a whole new level in my relationship with my wife (at the time my fiancee); I live for moments when films, NOT movies, can dissect a very human problem and make it as simple and plain as possible for everyone to see; this is also the film that made me think of FILMS versus movies. I've read some of the reviews and I read buzz words like "cut outs" and whatnot, and I think I agree, with each line it gave them more realism and id than most movies of its kind ever even TRY to bring to its audience. Great stuff and tough conversations abound from it, but, as in all couples, what conversation isn't?
April 25, 2008
This movie has stayed in my thoughts since the night I watched it..Even days later I'm still upset for the abuse the woman Maria suffered. SAD