91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

RocketMan (Rocket Man) Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

April 4, 2012
Rocketman is a horrible comedy with a bad cast. I've never liked Harland Williams, I find him to be quite one dimensional. This an awful film that has nothing whatsoever going for it. The comedy falls flat, and in the end there's nothing good about this. The film fails to deliver memorable gags and good jokes. The performances are horrible, and the film is total crap. I hated this one, this is a bad film that is a comedy worth forgetting. Harland Williams is a one of the worst comedians, and his only good film was Halfed Baked. If you give him the lead role, well you get garbage like this. The comedy sucks, and the actors seem bored, I can't blame theme. The film should never have been made. This is a painful comedy that doesn't deliver on anything. The humour is juvenile, poorly written and just misses the mark. Maybe this film could have worked. Unfortunately it doesn't. Rocketman is a horrible film, and is one of the worst comedies that I have seen. Rocketman is a film that is poorly conceived, poorly written and plainly boring from start to finish. This film proves that Harland Williams isn't a good comedic actor, and this is a bland film that is too silly too really get into and enjoy. Avoid this film and watch something else, you'll be better off. This film just sucks.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

December 24, 2007
Easily forgettable.
Luke B

October 23, 2009
The main actor annoys me here. He plays the childish buffoon without any likability. Instead he just angers with his constant twattishness. At some point this irritating behaviour was adopted for protagonists of family films. It makes slapstick easy, but enjoyment difficult. It was bearable as some moments were genuinely funny. Even if Williams' delivery was off, he was supported by enough real actors to add some substance around him.
puffchunk
puffchunk

December 2, 2007
A guy farts in his suit, and says lots of annoying things.
skactopus
skactopus

April 13, 2007
Warning: Do not take this movie seriously. If you keep this in mind, this will be one of the greatest comedies to come out of Disney's hands.The story is unbelievably stupid, but for a movie like this it does wonders. It also allows for the great comedic elements to find its place without overdoing it. Unlike other movies that try to force the gags on you, this film leaves most of the comedy in the hands of the actors. "Hes got the whole damn world, in his hands." I'm pretty sure your not laughing right now, but in the context of this film and the tone of voice used by William Sadler you can't help but laugh when you hear this. This is how comedy should be done. This is possibly the only film that I remember tears of laughter filling my eyes in the theater. Even more so than Jackass. Now that is saying something.The acting is nicely done for this type of film. Harland Williams puts on the comedic performance of his life with his ridiculous acting and his hilarious impressions. I don't think he will ever top this role. William Sadler also does an excellent job at bringing in some laughs with his character as well.This is probably one of the most ridiculous space stories ever made, but it is also one of funniest. This is a must see for fans of comedy and Harland Williams. Just remember if you make a mistake. "It wasn't me."
Lafe F

August 3, 2007
A bit funny space movie guy. It's not space junk or too annoying.
garyX
garyX

March 20, 2007
Ermmm...I don't know. Is this supposed to be Peewee Herman in space or something? I don't know, I suppose kids might get something out of it. If they're a bit "special".
Stuart B

March 2, 2007
So stupid but oh so funny... never know why this guy didnt make it big, was he too annoying?
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 25, 2007
hilarious movie
Beefy
Beefy

September 24, 2006
It shouldn't have been funny. I shouldn't have laughed. But there's something about Harlan that makes me chuckle.
Yinalí R

July 3, 2007
I loved this moviee!
Andrew F

July 11, 2006
The whole movie in one sentence: fart, poop, burp, and... FART.
t h o m !

February 27, 2008
The scene wear he screams when they pick him, LOL.
iLeo
iLeo

April 12, 2007
Crazy funny!
Haley A

April 21, 2006
This is one of the funniest Disney films ever!!! I can't watch this movie without cracking up!
February 14, 2010
A fun Disney comedy. Harland Williams is hilarious in what I still consider to be his best movie! (First viewing - Late 1997 in theaters)
August 22, 2012
(3 Stars) How much you will like RocketMan depends on your definition of annoying and how much you can take of it. For me, Fred Randall (Harland Williams) is 50% annoying and 50% lovable goofball. And 50/50 is also a good ratio of jokes that work and jokes that don't. There's pratfalls, toilet humor, animal abuse, and political incorrectness that's sometimes funny, other times not so much. When I wonder how the female astronaut (Julie Ford) could find anything likable in Fred, I usually remember Lloyd and Mary in Dumb and Dumber... it just kind of happens and you accept it. But I actually kind of like RocketMan. I laughed more than a few times, I like the look of Mars in this film, it's short, and it's not bad for a kids move.
Teressius
May 20, 2007
If this movie would have come out well before Austin Powers - we would be quoting this movie now. Just as cheesy... he even breaks into song... and some great lines.
kitteh1882
February 8, 2010
Oh my. I actually really enjoyed this movie. I haven't seen it for a while, but I remember laughing at it with my sister. An incredibly corny movie and just flat out ridiculous, but that's how it's supposed to be!
odball26
February 5, 2009
John Jacob Jingle Himer Schmidt
Da da da da da da da da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL