71% Hercules Jul 25

76% You're the Worst: Season 1

At First Sight Reviews

Red L

April 20, 2014
It is an interesting observation that even if your eyes can see, you have to learn to see. The love story angle is a bit predictable.
Anthony L

January 28, 2010
An original film that raises some interesting questions about perception. I can't help but think that the love story side of it gets in the way somewhat when really all they needed to do was concentrate on the main storyline, which in the end isn't really explored thoroughly enough for my liking. A pretty decent film all the same.
TheGame90
TheGame90

September 9, 2009
I have no idea why Val Kilmer tried to pretend he was Batman....when it's obvious this is what he should be doing. Great work by him. A sad story. And a great Steven Weber stealing the show....that guy is gold
Nani V

December 31, 2008
I really found myself to enjoy this little film. Very neat.
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 21, 2007
Virgil is a blind masseur who meets Amy.
Jason S

January 31, 2007
Chick flick. Saw the ending coming a mile away.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

February 20, 2011
At first Sight is about seeing life as it is and being content with your situation despite the imperfections of it.

A successful, beautiful, New York architect Mira Sorvino (as Amy Benic) gets a rubdown from hunky blind masseur Val Kilmer (as Virgil Adamson) who lost his eyesight at a young age and the two fall in love. Kilmer plays a very convincing blind man who's learnt to rely fully on his senses. The scene where it's about to rain is beautiful, his perception is intuitive. Kilmer undergoes treatment to recover his sight, thanks to conveniently placed doctor Bruce Davidson (as Charles Aaron). He "learns" to cope with seeing for the first time but it is very strange for him. Everyone that can see all their lives take many things for granted. Mia Sorvino and Val Kilmer give charming performances but the stand-out is for me Kelly McGillis. She portrays a generous sister who sacrificed her life to taking care of her blind brother.
Juli R

April 23, 2010
A trite romantic melodrama about a blind masseuse who regains his sight. Based on a true story.
Sarah P

January 28, 2010
It was a cheesy movie and I would have liked it if they would have explored further in depth about how seeing isn't all it seems when all you've known is being blind. Interesting, but not a great movie.
Lee K

January 31, 2009
Ho hum! thats how i describe this chick flick
iLeo
iLeo

December 10, 2007
Absolutely love this film!
May 4, 2007
I expected this movie to be much more melodramatic and cheesy than it was. While there were definitely a few overly sentimental moments, I found myself getting swept up in the story and wondering what it *would* be like to be experiencing sight for the first time ever. The romance is a key plotline, but it takes an appropriate back seat to the main character's story of seeing. I was very impressed with Val Kilmer, someone whose acting has never blown me away. Here he manages to make a likable but very relatable character I really rooted for. I'd comfortably recommend this movie as a pretty decent drama.
October 1, 2012
I'm so glad MoviePlex was playing this tonight. Val Kilmer & Mira Sorvino made me see how beautiful love is, no matter what the circumstances are.
July 10, 2012
THe cast seems to work and you do feel as if Val Kiler is true to his role, but the film still lacks honesty. It seems like it is just going through the obvious motions.
April 10, 2008
Slow-moving in parts, but worth watching. It does make me really wonder if _I_ could treat a blind man I was dating as a "normal" person...or if I would treat them as though they were somehow not a whole person. :( Val's performance is good, except the idiotic grin he uses now and then.
ghettoqueen747
July 20, 2008
this movie was great it shows a man who has never had the gift of sight who is given the opportunity to see and the obstacles he faces once he has recieved this gift. i thought that it was touching and it made me appreciate the blind
May 5, 2007
05-26-08 --If you were blind and you had the chance to see for the first time in your life wouldn't you take that chance? People that were born blind or went blind at a young age they don't know anything else so, yeah its a hard transition. I wish they would have written in a little more understanding of that fact in this movie. Other than that good love story.
May 10, 2008
At First Sight contains the recall of sight to a blind man, but is more interested in the story of love between Kilmer and Sorvino.
May 15, 2007
At first sight is the story of a blind man who regains his sight shortly after starting a new relationship; and the profound effects both have on his previously simple life. based on a true story, and a total chick flick. but I still love this movie; and not just because it stars a very sexy Val Kilmer.
TinaMalfoy
May 21, 2007
really good movie...like it a lot...I thought it was sad how he changed when he got his site back again...