Prehistoric Women Reviews

October 3, 2012
I feel like this should have been on MST3K. (Was it?) I picked up the VHS at Goodwill because it's a Hammer movie and I've only seen some of the Dracula films and a few others so I figured why not? It wasn't all too bad, I mean it could have been a lot worse, but it wasn't really a good movie either. It took itself pretty seriously and some of the parts just turned out comical. It's nice for a few laughs if anything.
December 20, 2014
Shot in four weeks using sets and costumes left over from "One Million Years B.C." and then pronounced it not up to Hammer's standards y the studio head who had it's original runtime edited down and released it on the bottom of a double bill. That's about all you need to know about this lame story of two great white hunters who are captured by a tribe of beautiful jungle women who want to sacrifice the men to their rhino god. By about the fifth or sixth I'd pretty muched checked out on this one.
½ December 19, 2013
(25%)
Written off by many (or should that be few) that have actually seen it as being terrible, I can only assume they have never had the privilege of watching a truly terrible movie as this is poor, but is sure isn't terrible. Like the "She" sequel this has very little in common with the original, has a lower budget and has none of the original cast members as well as being a little bit crap. This is quite well made for a cheap cash-in but it still is mostly pointless and isn't recommend viewing for anyone besides the biggest Hammer fans.
October 23, 2012
You would think putting a Bond Girl in a fur bikini would be hard to mess up but not all cave-girl pictures are made the same. The missing ingredient is no dinosaurs, just some strange rhino-god and a battle of blondes vs brunettes. It recycles many of the Hammer studios scenes and plots but ramps up the ridiculous level to questionable degree. If you have seen any of the Hammer's other prehistoric movies then you have seen this one, just at different levels of bad.
July 27, 2009
This has to be seen to be believed.

Superior crap from the house of Hammer.