Lost and Found - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lost and Found Reviews

½ January 19, 2008
Just okay. Didn't love or hate it. Will say they are an unconvincing couple, though. David Spade is actually just playing his "finch" character (or may as well be). Works in the TV show, not so much in a rom com.
September 6, 2010
One of the last movies where we can see Spade playing a normal guy and actually believe it. This films is cute and quirky, but also has a nice combination of comedy that makes it very funny and entertaining to watch. As a big fan of Spade, I loved this movie. The overall story is the same as any romantic comedy, so I didn't rate it higher, but truthfully I don't care about that. If you love Spade as much as I do, you have to see this movie!
May 27, 2011
A few good gags and entertaining, don't change how the film is, cliche and silly.
½ April 19, 2007
David Spades least irritating performance
½ August 25, 2006
Funny!
April 25, 2008
One of the only times David Spade has ever amused me. I genuinely liked him in this.
iLeo
½ December 25, 2007
Great!
November 30, 2008
Lost and Found is a mildly amusing comedy (throwing out joke after joke where half fall absolutely flat and the half barely manage to stick) from David Spade who plays a restaurant owner that falls in love with his hot, cello-playing, French neighbor (Sophie Marceau). Spade comes up with a plan to kidnap her dog and then appear as though he has rescued the it, in order to gain her affection, but things become complicated when the dog eats his best friend's anniversary ring, the lead woman's ex-boyfriend comes back into the picture, and idol Artie Lange's bumbling nonsensical stuff gets in the way. Overall, the movie has a fun and more lighthearted appeal to it than previous (before 1999) Spade films throughout most of it. I was a little bummed to see them try and fit Spade with another fat sidekick, Artie Lange, who is funny in his own right, but is in NO WAY a suitable replacement for the late, great Chris Farley. Still, that's only a small complaint for an otherwise decent 90's movie.
April 11, 2009
Part of me wanted to give this a good rating because I really liked it when I was a kid (or at least I really liked that scene where he sings Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show), but then the other part of me wanted to give it a bad rating because it's a David Spade movie. Then I watched the clip where he sings and found out that it is not good at all, so now both parts of my brain want to give it a bad rating. Hooray!
½ November 19, 2008
A very underrated comedy starring one of the funniest dry comics working today. Premise is a little weak but I really do think it is a good rom-com and it's nice to see Mr. Spade in leading man roles.
July 30, 2008
It's kind of cute and has a few "diamond in the rough" jokes from Spade, but it's ultimately just another corny, badly-written comedy.
June 23, 2007
This was a cute movie kinda funny that fat in there when he dresses like david spade is the best part!
June 23, 2007
This movie was, "How You Say...." pretty good. Sophie Marceau is a pretty bad actress, but she's so damn pretty that it makes up for it.
½ April 26, 2007
david spade was actually pretty good in this, and he proved he didnt have to have someone by his side(chris farley-god bless him) to get him through a movie... and i thought sophie marceau was great as well and would love to see more from her...
½ October 18, 2006
For the most part, not very funny, mainly because the main plot, hiding his dream girls dog, wears very thing after about thirty minutes, and can hardly sustain it's 100 minute length. David Spade's humer also gets old fast. However, there are a few laughs, a couple of fun supporting characters, but it's not enough to recommend the film.
July 3, 2006
Boy kidnaps dog goes out on a date with girl who lost the dog cause he magically found the dog or something like that...
Its been awhile since I seen this movie...
June 10, 2006
This isn't a well known David Spade Movie but it's so cute. The first time I saw it on TV I fell in love with it. It's an amazing movie.
½ January 19, 2008
February 13, 2010
(First and only full viewing - 7/22/2008)
½ July 8, 2014
I liked this movie! People are way too cynical. It was light hearted and funny and entertaining!