90% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

79% Penny Dreadful: Season 1
84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

A Midsummer Night's Dream Reviews

July 5, 2012
THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT ONE OF THE WORST ADAPTATIONS OF ALL TIME! This movie is so awful, so hard to look at, and so tedious, its a disater on all levels. I read A midsummer nights dream in my english class and I liked it alot. But when we got shown the movie version, I mourned at the loss of a great piece of literature. Whats wrong with this movie? WELL TAKE A LOOK AT THE GOD DAMN PRODUCTION DESIGN! I DON'T CARE IF THEY SAY THE DIALOGE WORD BY WORD! I DON'T CARE IF THE PLOT IS THE SAME! ALL I CARE ABOUT IS THAT IT TAKES PLACE IN THE RIGHT TIME! The f@#%ing director says, nope, lets make this take place in italy. WHY ITALY YOU BUMBLING FOOL!? Everything is wrong. Everything. Its dreadful to look at 1800's bicycles and other things. The ending is also dreadful with the play scene that is barely any funny at all. This is a horendous adaptation of the classic shakesphere play. With unfunny scenes, horrible production design, actors that don't try and for all of those reasons, it sucks.

16/100 D-
June 23, 2012
No need to write a script, just read directly off Shakespeare's play.
June 16, 2012
One of the best non Branaugh Shakespeare translations ever done
WriteItandReviewIt
June 7, 2012
Well, I may be the only one, but I really liked it. We actually watched some of it in English class. Its better than some of the actual shows I've seen and I think I wouldn't really have changed anything. It's not perfect, but it's close. I give it four and a half stars. :)
May 25, 2012
Shakespeare comedy at its best!
lilshorty69er
August 17, 2006
Here we go again with another review on another Shakespeare movie and this time the movie I'm reviewing is the movie A Midsummer Night's Dream. This movie is about Shakespeare's classic comedy of unrequited love, mistaken identities, and fairy potions. It's mainly about a group of actors who finds their play interrupted when the starring player becomes involved in a love battle between the King and Queen of the Fairies. I really think this movie has a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong with it. The first thing they did right was the storyline, I found the storyline very accurate to Shakespeare's actual play which is good and plus I found Michael Hoffman was a good directing choice because he directed the movie rather well. But this movie did have flaws and the flaws were the casting choices, I don't think Kevin Kline played a bad role, but I did think Michelle Pfeiffer, Rupert Everett and Anna Friel all played terrible roles. Those actors were really poor choices for those roles. Honestly I have a lot more flaws to say about this movie, but I really I'm just going to say watch this movie and see if you like. As for me I didn't hate this movie I found it pretty enjoyable, but like I said some of the performances were awful and a few minor things were off but honestly if that doesn't bother I think you will have fun with this movie.
May 16, 2012
I LOVED IT. The only thing is you have to have read and understood the book to actually get it. The casting was amazing though
May 2, 2012
I love Shakespeare!!
April 27, 2012
a great movie i just love the shakespeare scene no question
April 17, 2012
funny, i did a stage version of it it High School.
February 22, 2012
Shakespeare gets a light film adaptation featuring the pitch-perfect Kevin Kline.
February 16, 2012
this was okay and sum parts wre disgusting demetrius was hott the same lines were good too
Connor G.
February 14, 2012
I saw only a third of this, roughly, and I couldn't bear to watch any more. After performing it on stage myself, I saw how much it was mangled by this version. Few people did truly well as the part. The closest were Stanley Tucci and Kevin Kline, although the backstory on Bottom was unnecessary. A weak adaptation at best.
February 5, 2012
This is my favourite Shakespeare play and although it could have been better, I did enjoy this as it was very pretty with lovely music. Some of the choices of actors for the roles disappointed me, in particular Oberon, who I thought was older, but I liked Kevin Kline as Bottom and I thought Calista Flockhart made a convincing Helena. Anna Friel seemed a bit of a miscast for Hermia, though.
Jake J.
January 25, 2012
A Shakespeare classic. Captured the essence of A Midsummer Night's Dream.
nastasha1rojas
January 23, 2012
I would Love to see this movie how can I press play? wtf. love overcomes all.
holschuh4
October 11, 2011
I'd love to jump in the movie and visit the forest!
May 17, 2011
I absolutely enjoyed it. Everybody was such great actors. BUT I absolutely loathed how when some people say their lines, I cringed. Um, why? Well, I know they aren't used to this kind of English, but it was just horrendous.
Bryce I

January 12, 2011
Though the acting is right on, and the enchanting direction of the director is showing very well, the chemistry between the actors takes this all star cast down a level.
TomBowler
TomBowler

April 10, 2011
A great take on a Shakespeare classic. Full review later.