• PG-13, 1 hr. 34 min.

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Whatever It Takes Reviews

Bobby H

April 25, 2009
Whatever it takes is a basic teen chick-flick.

It's predictable. Very easy to guess what will happen right at the start, but, it's fun to watch. James Franco and Shane West are both insanly good with there roles, there's alot good looking girls, and the comedy side of it is not so bad either.

Overall:
It's worth watching and a fun flick. The actors/comedy saves it from being anything worse then average, but the predictable typical storyline keeps it from being any better then average.
Check it out if you wanna just relax and watch a tyipcal teen-chick flick.
Rachel F

July 5, 2007
This is a great teen flick. Plus it has Shane West and James Franco who are both so hot.
Megan S

May 7, 2007
I give this movie one star...but that hasn't stopped me from watching it on more than one occasion (on abc family or something like it).
Leigh R

November 7, 2006
So cute.
Steven V

September 13, 2008
Cute teen flick is not too bad at all and has some pretty funny silly jokes at the beginning. Overcoming the predictable plot, some dialogue is very clever and the acting and directing are good. A few characters are interesting enough to hold attention and even get a few laughs. Many moments seem to be like She's All That too. A cute renter but do not put too much thought into it. Better than average coming-of-age fare. Overall good job but the ending is bad.
Andrew F

June 4, 2006
It's not a good movie. Completely unrealistic about high school. It had a neat plot at the beginning, but then it got stupid.
Sunil J

January 31, 2008
James Franco possibly made it worth the watch but I still wouldn't recommend it.
Dancer4eva15
July 7, 2010
What a total cliche of late '90s/early 2000s high school comedy. I mean, I watched this movie because of my affection for the genre (and for James Franco), and I got exactly that. Even the cast is such a mishmash of people from that era. Shane West, obviously, and Marla Sokoloff. There's even the popular girl from "She's All That" playing...the popular girl! I would say, watch it for a laugh but don't expect too much.
January 11, 2009
romantic teen comedy starring Shane West, James Franco, Colin Hanks, Jodi Lyn O'Keefe and Marla Sokoloff. directed by David Raynr.

1987's Roxanne was my first introduction to the play Cyrano de Bergerac, but this adaptation is by far my favorite.

one of the better teen flicks of the 90s. cute, funny, cheese-tastic film. ♥
MichelleasaurusRex
August 26, 2009
Great teenage flick. Me and my sister saw it. She liked it a hell of a lot better then me, she actually went out and bought the movie, and she never buys movies. This movie was really nice. I loved the ending.
February 17, 2009
I remember watching this when I was 11 and being sorry to say, not shocked, but sorry to say that the only source of enjoyment that I received from this movie was looking at the faces of James Franco and Shane West for about 90 minutes. Even that was a bit annoying, because neither of them had reached the "peak of their hotness," Franco was actually a bit creepy looking.
ILoveRickyUnderwood
September 20, 2008
This a very good movie and I really enjoyed it and Shane West had did a very good movie. I prefer him playing a nice guy like he did in this moivie and i really like the ending of the movie.
June 11, 2008
Aww, man, this was back in the days where it hurt to realize that they cancelled Freaks & Geeks so everyone went to go see this movie.
January 30, 2008
Mediocre teen movie that's not very memorable. The acting isn't that great either. Skip this and catch "She's All That."
ydoihurtthepplearoundme
July 25, 2007
it shows u wat guys want and how far they will go to get it and then see how they wake up and realize wat they really want i think
tiff20008yoshee
July 4, 2007
now this ia a movie i like that is shows that guys don't know what they want and when they do they can't because they fucked it up way to bad.
June 17, 2007
This was one of the first chick flicks I have ever seen. And the only time I have seen it was in the theatres with one of my guy friends. I don't know how that happened. 1
June 7, 2007
havent seen it all the way through, and although shane west is such a cutie in this.....and oh we cant forget franco too...but ANYwAYS..... uh....it was rather "lame" i mean cute..but....nvm u get my point

lol the titanic catastrophe @ prom...was....okayish though... i suppose
gumnerf
May 13, 2007
Very standard teen romantic comedy. Not bad just not original. Just about every scene is from another movie, sothink of the time that saves!
razzlieroo15
April 18, 2007
This movie is so awesome. Friends go through this all the time, every day. There ya go... watch it. I recommend it.