A Christmas Carol Reviews

May 2, 2015
Patrick Stewart is absolutely perfect for this role. I enjoyed this movie.
August 20, 2014
Not my favorite retelling of this classic but solid.....somewhat.
July 10, 2007
I admit that I'll watch Patrick Stewart in anything.
December 27, 2013
With an excellent performance from Patrick Stewart, and a script with much more originality and inventiveness than most versions, David Hugh Jones's update on the classic tale is my personal favorite of the many adaptations.
December 20, 2013
Could it be? A made-for-TV Christmas movie that is worth watching? Well it is, mainly due to the unquestionable acting ability of Mr Stewart as he is on fine form here. The production values are good enough and don't hamper the solid cast's effort, and although I am sick to the back teeth of the story, this is still a worthy effort.
September 29, 2013
Read the original: the social justice issues come to the fore. Then see the Stewart version, and recognize how effectively the theme of redemption has been brought out on every level: individual, familial, societal. This is superb entertainment, and utterly faithful to Dickens' take on the effects of mid-19th-century industrialisation and capitalism on individuals and society. A tour de force.
½ June 27, 2013
This "made for tv" adaptation is fair and tells the well known story in a basic way. Still if you are a fan of the classic this isn't too bad, just not too great.
½ April 17, 2013
One of the best movies ever made!
½ February 20, 2013
Patrick Stewart really shines in this role and the screenplay is true to the tale.
January 5, 2013
A Christmas classic. You can't go far wrong with this one.
December 24, 2012
In David Hugh Jones's faithful made-for-TV adaptation of Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol, it's more successful than other adaptations, and Patrick Stewart is wonderful in the Scrooge role, but it's still average because of the uneven script written by Peter Barnes, which is not funny or exciting, but the umpteenth version is pretty decent compared to other "tries", if it's fair to call them that...
½ December 22, 2012
It actually deserves a much better rating from me, especially given that this is freaking Patrick Stewart. The characters were doing a really good job (except for the ghost of Christmas future), and the story was a genuine attempt at being faithful to the book. However, the special effects could use a bit of work, especially the crappy tornado effect before the lighthouse montage. Overall, this is a good retelling of A Christmas Carol, but it could be better.
December 20, 2012
The Albert Finney version is the best.
December 17, 2012
The best telling of the classic Christmas story. I watch it every year. THIS year, I've watched it almost every day. The 1938 version is the second best, followed by the 1984 version with George C. Scott, then the 1951 Alistair Sim version.
December 4, 2012
As a Dickens fan, I am torn between this and the 1951 version as to which I love best.
November 26, 2012
this Movie is still one of the best christmas movies i have ever seen and even though patrick stewart didn't look like Ebeneezer Scrooge he played his character on point so well that it didn't matter anyhow because that how good of an actor that he is.
November 28, 2011
it was ok but I don't think I'll watch it again, Patrick Stewart played a ok Scrooge, it was ok but expected better, it also starred Richard E. Grant and Celia Imrie, I don't want this film on DVD
½ October 30, 2012
I liked it but mostly for Patrick Stewart.
½ October 25, 2012
It lacks heart. But it's still a well-made and different christmas carol that's worth watching.