10 Things I Hate About You Reviews
1. Hilariously written script, with dialogue that is fun, yet natural-sounding.
2. Julia Stiles, who steals every scene she's in with her amusingly cynical remarks.
3. Consistently enjoyable.
4. Top notch directing all-around.
5. Good soundtrack, if short of phenomenal.
6. Perfectly paced and not a single bland moment.
7. Great supporting cast, with likeable actors such as Joseph-Gordon Levitt.
8. Holds up for repeated viewings (this is the second time I see it).
9. Refreshingly distinguished from the usual teen movie fluff.
10. Heath Ledger, may he rest in peace, made his Hollywood debut with this film and it's one of his most memorable performances aside from The Joker.
Not much more that needs to be said really. A must-see if you're into the high school genre. Or great rom-coms in general.
A- It was not the best teen film i saw but it was still really good.
A remake of the classic Shakespare play "The Taming of the Shrew.", set in a modern day highschool.
No one will mistake Stiles and Ledger for Taylor and Burton but there are a few enjoyable moments in 10 Things to make it a marginally worthwhile teen oriented adaptation of Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew. The likeable teen cast which features many recognizable faces besides the leads do a competent job bringing their characters to life. Unfortunately too many of the characters are written as stereotypes of what the writers think teenagers are supposed to be like. We have all seen these characters many many times before. And the writers couldn't resist having the climax be at the all important prom as if that plot device hasn't been used a million times before. Still despite the clichés, I found myself interested enough to see it through.