10 Things I Hate About You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

10 Things I Hate About You Reviews

½ August 26, 2007
"10 Things I Hate About You" is a clever update of William Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew". It's a clever script with superb performances by Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles. It's definitely smarter than your average teen romp. Enjoy it for it's young (and often comedic) love stories or it's subtle kudos to its original Bard. Rating: 7.5 / 10
½ April 3, 2016
Heath is good of course but seeing this movie for the first time in 2016 is jarring. It really shows its age.
September 8, 2007
Such a great movie. Love Julia and Heath in this movie.
April 2, 2007
Thought this film was well thought out.
March 10, 2008
One for the teens. Ledger gave a good performance.
March 15, 2016
Guilty pleasure of mine
November 16, 2007
Never seen this, but always wanted to.
½ November 26, 2007
I think that this will be the film that the 3 best known actors will look back on with a little regret, it's certainly not the type of film that they attached themselves to afterwards. It's a daft high school romance film with plenty of cliches. I actually think that it's only the cast that have given it a better reputation than it probably deserves. It does have a pretty good soundtrack though.
½ June 21, 2007
It's trying to be a parody but it's also plot-wise the most generic teen movie ever made. It's just hard to define what kind of movie it is, not because it's original, but it doesn't know what it's trying to be, other than a teen comedy that worked in the 90s, but looking back, not so much.
February 11, 2016
perfect high school movie.
julia stiles and heath ledger were the perfect match!
September 7, 2007
Oooh look! A little JGL!! Isn't it the cutest?? -ahem- Sorry. Anyway, even if it seems to be a tiny bit slow on the pace - editing out what might be space for audience laughter would certainly have helped - the whole piece is charming. Stiles is of course the best thing in this, she is subtly spot-on as always, and Ledger is great and plays his arc wonderfully. Great performances as well by Oleynik, Miller, Krumholtz, Mitchell, and Janney, and Keegan is nicely hateable.
June 29, 2008
Don't know why but I love this movie
November 28, 2007
i am sixteen years too late in watching this but better late than never. Never got boring and it was creepy watching heath ledger as a chocolate boy. predictable but witty.
½ January 10, 2016
not too bad, lots of funny parts
November 16, 2015
10 things I hate about this film: can't think of them. Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles are superb, making this one of my favorite chick flicks.
December 30, 2015
Setting: VERY 90s
Characters: 1-Dimensional. Basically take the first few minutes of breakfast club and stretch it out to movie length.
Plot: Taming of the Shrew
Directing: Ok
Acting: Great!
December 28, 2015
I love this movie and hope that you will add it to your site
July 30, 2007
Maybe eventually...but not in the near future will I see this.
½ October 8, 2007
A decent film. I know that this was a huge hit back in the day, but honestly, aside from being a modern adaptation of Taming of the Shrew, and having somewhat of a dark sense of humor here (which I can appreciate) there's really nothing that special about this film. I'm saying that just in reference to all the endless praise I've heard about this film. I still feel like it's definitely worth a viewing even after seeing it with the high expectations I had, so for all I know, anyone else seeing it might love this.
February 24, 2010
In the plagued genre of teen movies, 10 Things I Hate About You elevates itself to the standard that others will try (but epically fail) to achieve. It's kind of charming in the fact that it's about these two people who are perceived as dangerous or cold-hearted who fall for each other, but more importantly, it's still entertaining. 8/10