• PG-13, 1 hr. 55 min.

44% Working the Engels: Season 1

10 Years Reviews

Cynthia S

April 22, 2013
Nothing overly funny, or overly charming, or overly anything. Just a nice movie to pass the time...
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

March 3, 2013
10 Years was a forgetable film. I didn't hate it though. I actually enjoyed most of it. Some of the story lines were a bit boring. The ones I enjoyed were Jake and Jess, Marty and A.J., then Reeves and Elise's. The rest kinda faded in the background or were just annoying. I didn't attend my high school reunion and probably never will. I really can't remember much of the classes I had, but I remember all the partying, Lol. I guess you could say I wasn't really "there" a lot. So I don't feel the need to go back. Plus I still have the huge group of friends I had then, so if I wanna reminisce I can just call them up Lol.
The movie isn't something you would miss if you didn't see it. Just an average flick with forgetable performances.
Everett J

January 13, 2013
"10 Years" is a movie that went pretty much straight to DVD, and after watching it I can see why. It's very uneven, kind of a mess, and not sure if it wants to be a comedy or drama, and it doesn't even really make a dramedy. Channing Tatum stars as one of a group of friends who reunite for their 10 year reunion. Some are married with kids, one is ultra successful, one is a big music star, and Tatum's character wants to propose to his girlfriend, but he's not quite over his hs sweetheart. It's pretty formalic, with very predictable outcomes. Some of the cast is good, but most of them just look like they don't want to be there. Tatum looks like he wants to sleep the entire movie, literally. The best thing about the movie is a song sung towards the end. It's a ballad, that is better than 90% of the ballads released today. Good for a one time watch, but this is the weakest of Tatum's films to come out in 2012.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

January 3, 2013
Who Got Fat? Who Didn't Change? Who Got Rich? Who Got Hot?

Very good movie, really enjoyed it! There is no novelty or breakthrough in this film. The story has been told before and we've seen the characters in other movies. In a way 10 Years reminded me of an 80's John Hughes movie. The film really worked thanks to some great performances from the cast and an emotionally gripping script. I was really hooked with some of the stories and the way in which these characters interacted with each other. Despite the ten years that had gone by, these characters still remained the same deep down inside and some needed closure. Definitely worth seeing. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It doesn't delve too deep. Its a simple story about a high school reunion but it really nails it.

The night before their high school reunion, a group of friends realize they still haven't quite grown up in some ways.
SC007
SC007

August 25, 2013
The film was so so. It reminded me of The Big Chill, The Anniversary Party, and St. Elmos Fire. All those films were better than this reunion film. I even though American Reunion was better. They had a good idea for a film but didn't execute it correctly. The film needed a rewrite. I felt the film was unfocused. The tone and the pacing was off. It doesn't know if it wants to be a drama or a comedy. Some of the cast are miscast in my opinion. Justin Long and Max Minghella steal the film in my opinion.
Beth M

September 6, 2013
I love how it all came together in the end.
Lane Z

December 24, 2012
A refreshing take on the high school dramedy. Linden utilizes all the characters to have significant screen time each with a story that somehow ties together. I like how this is a high school movie but it's told as a reunion. Now, not all the actors are on an even par, and some of the stories aren't as poignant (especially for some of the bigger name actors I thought could have done more), but the whole of the parts justifies the end. You're left feeling just as good as the characters at the end of the movie. Now my sister didn't quite feel the same connection to this movie and I believe it's relative to the timeline of when you got out of school. I'm closer to my 10 year reunion than she is therefore I was comfortable watching it.
Philip P

December 18, 2012
How this slipped through the cracks I will never know. Especially considering it is the year of Channing Tatum and he (almost) headlines this nicely paced and very funny reunion flick. The cast may make you want to associate it with something like Valentine's Day or New Year's Eve but this is not a contrived piece of schlock only interested in name dropping this is a well rounded story with several well developed characters. It is a brisk experience, but it is fun to meet these people at the same time they are catching up with one another. Whether it be Chris Pratt's Culley who was a jerk in high school and spends his night trying to make up for it while his wife Sam (Ari Graynor) deals with his drunken state that gives an underlying look at their much advanced relationship as compared to their classmates. Their is a somewhat typical situation created between Justin Long and Max Minghella's character as they chase the life of the party from high school and discover everyone has their problems. I was especially hoping for a better story arc for Justin Long's character as I always hoped that guy would break out a la Jason Segel or Seth Rogen. Still, there is plenty to love here including a lovely written piece between Oscar Isaac's Reeves (a famous pop star) and Kate Mara's Elise (a realtor in a relationship going nowhere) as they bring things full circle with one another. The main focus comes back around to Tatum and his high school love Mary (Rosario Dawson). While each have grown up and become respectable adults with Tatum's Jake ready to propose to longtime girlfriend Jess (real-life wife Jenna Dewan-Tatum) and she married to a straight laced Ron Livingston. Their past goes more than just naive deep and in this writer/ director Jamie Linden creates a lovely set of consequences that are worked through is a refreshingly honest and mature way.
June 7, 2013
The awkwardness of going back to a class reunion shows well here. Had to watch twice to follow through the multiple character developments. Liking the 'breakfast club' feel among some of them. Even Ron Livingston (Office Space) comes in enough with Channing Tatum, Justin Long, Rosario Dawson, and Anthony Mackie. Can relate to my own! Great watch!
February 17, 2013
A light, comical, yet long-winded movie which attempts to blend high school charm with the sparks of nostalgic romance that might linger.
January 30, 2013
Excellent story with some good acting by a very good cast. The directing is good and the characters are all well portrayed even though they're not too developed.
January 9, 2013
This little unknown gem was barely in theaters and I don't know why. It has a cast of some of the most current and future young actors working today, headed by Channing Tatum and Rosario Dawson. It is about a group of people who meet up for their 10 year high school reunion. While others have moved on, some have stayed the same, which isn't always a good thing. It has its funny moments, but the film shows the serious side of growing up and missed opportunities. I only wished we learned a little more about how each person was in the past so we could understand who they are now. We get it with some, but not all, which makes us care for half of them. However, there are some very nice moments and as someone around their age, it's hard not to feel nostolgic. It won't be as popular as "American Reunion", but it's good enough to check out.

Grade: B+
January 2, 2013
10 Years could be reliant on predictable jokes about high school cliques. However, it is surprisingly sincere about the awkward get-together of old high school chums at a 10 year reunion. Whenever certain jokes don't seem to work because they are too cringe-inducing, they are saved later on in the film when it is revealed that these scenes were actually all cringe and no joke, which casts a sad shadow on some of these poor, unfortunate souls.
December 23, 2012
Saddled with one of the most generic and lame film titles in recent memory, 10 Years is actually a decent dramedy focusing on a group of small-town friends (think Beautiful Girls) coming together for their 10 year high school reunion. As many of them have fled from their small-town and scattered about the world (one is now a recording artist in Japan), this is most-likely the first time many have seen each other since their high school glory days. While the film gives ample screen/face-time to twelve-or-so of the classmates, the film's central character is Jake (Channing Tatum - 21 Jump Street, Magic Mike, Step Up) -- the nice guy everyone remembers -- who has come to the reunion with his girlfriend Jess (Jenna Dewan-Tatum - Step Up, The Grudge 2, "The Playboy Club") even though he still harbors some feelings for his high school sweetheart Mary (Rosario Dawson - Sin City, Unstoppable, Seven Pounds). While that sounds as generic as films come, there is plenty here that makes the film more original than it sounds. Another standout storyline is that of Cully (Chris Pratt - Zero Dark Thirty, Moneyball, "Parks and Rec"), a former childish brute-of-a-bully who believes his bullying ways are behind him although most in attendance see that they are not -- which is horrifying and shockingly clear to his she-means-well wife, Sam (Ari Graynor - Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, For a Good Time Call ..., Whip It). 10 Years also stars Justin Long, Kate Mara, Oscar Isaac, Lynn Collins, Anthony Mackie, Brian Geraghty, Aubrey Plaza, Scott Porter, Max Minghella, Aaron Yoo, Kelly Noonan and Ron LIvingston as other reunion attendees who help convey the film's main message -- life doesn't always end up how we had planned. There is nothing groudbreaking with this film; but there are enough storylines that will resonate with an audience that should make this a worthy watch.
June 8, 2014
It's a calm, sweet, and a very moving film. It's like they never got older, they just grew bigger, kinda reminds me of personal stories, experiences and all sorts of high school moments. Makes me feel old. This movie is definitely worth the shot.
May 11, 2014
Not interesting at all. jenna duwan its a prop, and its almost the same movie has te romantics
February 27, 2014
An amazing film...funny yet emotional resonant of paths taken and not taken. It deserves a much wider audience than what it initially encountered at the box office....
February 2, 2014
The only thing that interests me in this is how sweet Channing and Jenna as a couple. Oh, and Justin Long's face too.
Monica Susie
January 30, 2014
10 Years is a really decent and sweet film; it's a bit like the Love Actually of high school reunions. Whilst this is no Romy and Michelle; 10 Years as you'd have already guessed is a film about a high school reunion and the old friends that come together. Jake (Channing Tatum; always so yummy :P) is happy with his girlfriend Jess (Jenna Dewan-Tatum), but seeing his ex high school girlfriend Mary (Rosario Dawson) brings up old feelings. Classmates Elise (Kate Mara) and Reeves (Oscar Isaac) reconnect and discover that they have new feelings for one another. Cully (Christ Pratt) still acts like a frat boy to the annoyance of his wife Sam (Ari Graynor). Old friends Marty (Justin Long), AJ (Max Minghella) and Anna (Lynn Collins) reconnect again.

I thought that 10 Years was sweet, charming, funny and moving. The film speaks a lot about friendship and how life isn't always perfect. I liked how it wasn't a cliche high school reunion focusing on old cliques, enemies and trying to out-do one another. This film is a bit underrated; I'm surprised that it's so popular. I never even knew that it came out until I saw the DVD in Tesco the other day. I thought it seemed like a fun and interesting film and it was. There was some good chemistry between the characters especially Elise and Reeves. Sure it has some cliché moments, but it doesn't overdo it in the cheese department. Some parts are funny and moving such as Cully's out of hand drinking which at first is funny, but then he ends up making a fool out of himself and annoying people around him. It was moving to see Jake and Mary reunite and saying goodbye to an old love. This is a really nice film. It may not be the best film I've seen or a favourite; it still would have been good to see flashbacks and scenes of the guys in high school like in Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion, but otherwise this film is pretty good. It's really underrated. I'd give this film 75%.

Grade: A-/B+
Wes Troop
November 6, 2013
While it may not be a classic, 10 Years is surprisingly a film to RSVP for.