Bait

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
76% You're the Worst: Season 1

Bait Reviews

April 11, 2014
Nous vivons dans une epoque ou les decideurs pensent encore que Jamie Foxx a du talent. Ils devraient regarder cette lamentable comedie policiere d'Antoine Fuqua (lui aussi a une carriere pour une raison encore inconnue) dans laquelle Jamie Foxx fait du sous-Will Smith dans Ennemi d'Etat (deja que le film original n'est pas bien...). Les dialogues sont ahurissants de betise, les scenes d'action generiques, les seconds roles inexistants (coucou Mike Epps) et la musique tonitruante. Le pire dans tout ca, c'est que cela dure deux longues heures et que le film depasse le quart d'heure de bienvenue au bout... d'un quart d'heure. Aussi mediocre qu'insignifiant.
February 22, 2014
Pacy thriller with a criminal mastermind that has an edge to him, although lots of the sequences are obviously contrived to please the audience this genre aims at.
July 14, 2009
I think I saw this and I don't remember it at all. That's how good it must have been...
August 5, 2013
Wow, some of these so called critics couldn't even spell Fuqua's name right. As for me I love this movie & I'm a big fan of Fuqua's movies.
July 18, 2013
Antoine Fuqua firmly establishes the moviemaking formula he's gone back to over and over again ever since in the movie Bait. Muddled with every cliche in existence (including some he made himself) and completely predictable storytelling, it provides the standard amount of entertainment you'd expect from a by-the-book action/thriller. Jamie Foxx and Doug Hutchison's performances are the only things that really set this film apart from the rest of the mindless action films that mirror Bait. Bottom line, Bait is an entertaining film that most will enjoy, but it was just to mindless for my tastes.
July 3, 2013
Bait is at times bearable but the film often feels too cliche or by the numbers in the way it plays out. Foxx is decent here but the film often feels uneven in tone as it jumps from comedy to drama quite abruptly. Not terrible by any means but also a straight up weird film to describe.
starlett2005
June 19, 2013
Bait is a disappointing film. It is about an ex-con who is used by police to lure a criminal out of hiding. Jamie Foxx and David Morse give horrible performances. The script is badly written. Antoine Fuqua did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
March 12, 2013
Exactly what a movie about a 12 foot killer shark in a grocery store should be like.
December 7, 2012
Want to see it! Will have to take into account!
Joseph Campbell
October 15, 2012
October 12, 2012
ha ha ha i find this entertaining and funny .
June 29, 2012
It's Jamie Fox so there's bound to be awsome humor, but this time there's some action too.
May 1, 2012
Horribly dead pace and flat performances all around seem to be mistaking tedium for tension. The trope filled plot is beyond insulting and fails to add the fun element that might have excused the plot devices we've seen a million times before.

Honestly it feels like it was written and filmed as a comic exploration of bad heist cliches but edited as a serious thriller. Bait is a suitable title as its intention is to lure you into paying for entertainment but switching at the last minute.
eleninthehouse
April 15, 2012
ha ha ha i find this entertaining and funny .
January 24, 2012
I may have seen this on TV ages ago...
Andrew Pratt
December 4, 2011
a very very good movie about a guy who becomes bait without knowing it
September 5, 2011
IMO, the movie Bait tells us Sept 11 was the work of Bronx Zoo, crazies from NYC.
August 10, 2006
THIS IS ONE OF THOSE MOVIES ALWAYS ON ON A SUNDAY, VERY NOSTALGIC. GREAT PLOT AND FILMING.