Bedazzled Reviews

½ July 25, 2007
Lame-o remake. Why? It's not the stars' fault as they are trying to deliver. This one I fault a) the script - so much potentially evil, snide fun passed by in order to be safe and middle-of-the-road. b) the casting director - simply the wrong choices as the leads and finally, c) the director, Harold Ramis, who could've watched the first version and used new and better tech to deliver a truly conniving, wicked demon (ala Al Pacino - its a lot to ask but still), upped the ante some, which'd've improved the comedy. Stick with the first one instead.
January 5, 2008
Yeah, it's crap, but it's light and (mostly) entertaining. Brendan Fraser is likeable. Can't stand Liz Hurley, but have to admit she is attractive here and love some of her outfits. Not a bad comedy.
September 25, 2010
Without Brendan Fraser playing all of his wacky characters in his "Wish Universes," the movie would have fallen flat on it's face, but his acting, along with some funny moments are really all the film has going for it. Once the first half concludes, we keep getting more of the same until the "touchy-feely" type of moments pass before the credits role. The direction the film takes is fine, the character arches are all present, the acting is fine, and the premise, albeit ridiculous, is acceptable. I could think of a million comedies to watch before this, but there wasn't anything that I hated about it. It's a shrug your shoulders and walk away type of film! "Bedazzled" is fine television substance!
August 16, 2011
Wow, was this movie crap. I hate Brendan Fraser. I have yet to see a good performance by him. He tried in Crash- failed. Mummy? Yeah, it was straight up blockbuster B-movie but he still failed. This movie? My gosh... Anyways, this movie sucked, it was boring and not funny. Don't watch it.
½ June 5, 2007
This wa sreally funny and entertaining throughout. I loved how they changed the look of the character to fit in with the wish. I especially liked the Colombian drug dealer!! It also left me feeling really happy at the end with the sweet ending. Liz Hurley sounded stupid though. And why make the Devil English?
3niR
February 6, 2010
This was sort of stupid. I meant the story. But at some point it was funny.
ScoopOnline
December 8, 2009
A tiny bit of everything. Dark Humor, Senti moments, Devlish...etc Nice to watch when nothing better running.
December 31, 2006
A pretty good goofy comedy as a nerdy guy gets 7 wishes, granted by the sexy devil Elizabeth Hurley, to win his dream girl over. However the wishes never quite turn out how he expected. Funny in places and Hurley does look quite hot in her outfits. Has it fair share of funny scenes.
cosmo313
January 12, 2009
It's really funny and enteratining, but predictable. Still though, I liked it. Harold Ramis is the man.
May 17, 2008
Cute.
jagfire
½ September 5, 2007
She's bomb in this movie
June 17, 2007
Brendan Fraser meets a sexy female devil (Elizabeth Hurley) who grants him several wishes, which all turn out for the worse. Each one is a different segment of the film. It's a very light comedy that isn't terrible.
May 21, 2007
it was ok
puffchunk
May 6, 2007
Brendan Fraiser must stop being filmed.
deano
February 20, 2007
Brendon Fraser is hilarious in his seven wishes what the Devil offers him for his soul. Elizabeth Hurley is the best choice as the Devil (female) in this remake 1967 film.
February 28, 2007
A lot of people slam Brendan Fraser, which I think is unfair. Just because he doesn't star in serious movies doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings. I like the cartoony style of characters that he plays, and this movie is a good showcase of that. So screw you all.
December 27, 2006
I thought the original was better.
November 7, 2006
It was okay enough.
August 28, 2006
Really enjoyed this film when it came out. Watched it several times. Very funny, probably because it's another film by Harold Ramis
½ July 3, 2006
I really liked this movie. Brendan Fraser and Elizabeth Hurley are great actors in thier own right, but they were even better together. I thought that the premise was really funny, and that Hurley's Satan was a really delicious characters.