Heartbreakers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heartbreakers Reviews

January 22, 2011
A mom and daughter team,(Signourney Weaver and Jennifer Love Hewitt), work together to con men into loving them, cheating on them and then paying them upon divorce.This has worked 13 times.... It works like this, Max seduces a lovestruck desperado, marries him and, with the aid of Page as "the other woman," scams him for a huge divorce settlement. But the tables turn when they go after William Tensy (Gene Hackman), a rich man with a smokers hack, and Page becomes smitten with bartender Jack (Jason Lee).
December 31, 2006
It's a bit like Dirty rotten scoundrels but this time it's the women who are the con artists. It's funny in places and has a tad more of an adult theme to it than DRS. A bit long at around 2 hours but at least that means the sexy Jennifer Love Hewitt is on the screen a bit longer. Overall quite light hearted and predictable but not too bad.
½ November 3, 2007
Good cast, and i funny and really funny in places!
However the storyline is weak and the film drags at the end that it just gets boring!!
Weaver and Hwitt team up as mother and daughter who are con artists and they go on one last con , that then leads to another con, however the last con doesnt go as smoothly as they would have liked and both make the biggest mistake of their con careers by ..falling in love!
Its a cute romcom and funny but it is predictable and slighly boring so you may enjoy this movie you may not!!
July 15, 2007
Female version of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Mother and daughter duo set out to con men for their money. Quite funny.
December 19, 2006
A mother-and-daughter team runs a scam on a series of wealthy men: the mum marries them, the daughter seduces them, then they split Mum's divorce settlement. The script is only serviceable and the "surprise" twists are telegraphed way in advance, but the star power of the cast puts the film over in style.
October 13, 2007
I think I saw this one...not very memorable.
½ April 25, 2007
JLH has never been hotter then she was here. And it was legitimately funny on top of that. Great cast having a great time.
½ March 26, 2007
I caught this on TV by accident, and I'm glad I did.
½ January 11, 2007
fantastic. very funny. jason lee and jennifer love were good together. i liked it
December 27, 2006
I like it. Funny and silly. Jason Lee is there too.
½ November 7, 2006
So wonderfully great.
July 3, 2006
A gem that was overlooked by most. Sigourney Weaver and Gene Hackman show off their comedic chops and Jennifer Love Hewitt is a lot better in this than she is in most of her other crap.
½ December 29, 2010
You can say that everything works great in the movie. The story is interesting, the laughs are plenty and the acting is top notch.
Sigourney Weaver and Jennifer Love Hewitt play mother and daughter who con rich men into marrying them, to divorce them soon after for a hefty divorce settlement. For their last con they go to Palm Strings, where they are faced with their biggest challenge ever.
Gene Hackman is probably the funniest in the movie, playing a retired businessman fanatical with smoking. Ray Liotta is also extremely funny proving his unlimited talent in a role that is almost a parody of his mafia roles. Jason Lee is the weakest in the movie, not bad really, but rather uninteresting and not that funny.
½ August 24, 2009
I actually quite liked this movie. It was a Romantic-Comedy, like-no-other. It wasn't hilarious, but more of Utterly Romanticly and Histaricly Outrageous.
Of course it isn't a Grand and Pitch Perfect Comedy, but Every Scene that is good and funny, are Hysterical and they have an Uncanny, Humerous Knack to them. I Suprisingly give it "Three and a Half Stars out of Four". A Slight reccomendation with promises.
½ May 29, 2011
Dark comedy with some bite but not enough bark. Hackman has fun in his slimy role but Jason Lee bland as a bartender who puts up with waaaaay too much from J.L. Hewitt. Notable: wrings the most chuckles from a statue's broken penis in movie history.
May 8, 2009
It's a cute movie. Jennifer Love Hewitt is not a fabulous actress so it kind of pulls it down for me. Fun plot.
½ April 25, 2008
I really like the scene where Sigourney Weaver sings 'Back in the USSR.'
½ February 22, 2008
jennifer love hewitt is soo smoking hot but not enough to save this stinker