63% Hercules Jul 25

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Moulin Rouge! Reviews

July 21, 2014
I strongly dislike Baz Luhrmann, but I was willing to put aside my expectations and went in as unbias as I could since I know a few people who consider this their favorite film. Well, Baz has done it again. He's taken a good story, translated into a meh screenplay and drowned it in style til it was bad, bad movie. There are more cuts in this movie than I think I've ever seen, and couple that with the oppressive color palette and inept music choices and you've got a film that's jarring to watch and completely unimpressive. 1.5/5
May 21, 2009
Not a fan of the sexual stuff but if you took that out it would be ok. I knew Kidman was going to die though, that was a given.
Timothy O.
June 25, 2014
Did not care for it much.

Full review soon.
Timothy O.
June 29, 2014
Did not care for it much.

Full review soon.
June 15, 2007
Just a strange musical not sure what I saw with this movie. a good but not great movie
Daenerys Stormborn
June 20, 2014
I had no fucking clue what was going on at first, but once I got into the story it was a thoroughly enjoyable movie.
May 18, 2014
Either you like this kind of musical or you don't. I am not that big a fan.
Heather J

April 18, 2014
Still don't like Baz Luhrman though
October 8, 2010
One of my Favorite movies of all time! Perfect flow and a little bit of madness but a whole lot of fun! The music is just perfect and how dare the academy to not recognize one of the best directions ever for a movie, not even a nomination for this well thought out movie.
HOCKEY PADS
May 14, 2014
One of the most overhyped pieces of shit ever made.
May 13, 2014
Using modern music in a nineteenth century-based film has the fundamentals to either be a colossal, stylistic mistake, or a genius combination. Thankfully for this film, Moulin Rouge appears as an exciting, and wonderfully weird, piece of film. Baz Luhrman's weird style may take viewers out of the time period, but the problem is quickly forgotten when the music begins. With a proper, equal dose of comedy, music, and dramatic storytelling, Moulin Rouge is a film that can be re-watched several times without boredom, as well as the soundtrack is fantastic. An overall enjoyable film.
November 6, 2007
not my favorite movie.
August 10, 2011
A great musical with great music and acting
3 half-stars
November 5, 2012
The film is about a writer falls in love with a prostitute as he tries to write a song for the duke who becomes jealous of the love affair and tries to put an end to it. This movie was messy and annoying. The songs in the film are random to me and the movie is like a fairy tale gone wrong.
May 4, 2014
There is no denying the energy and vitality of Luhrmann's gaudy spectacle, but it seems as though he can't help but think that anything, even theatre, can be immediately translated to cinema.
May 2, 2014
"Come What May", sung by Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman is one of the best movie songs I've ever heard. McGregor is amazing in this movie and John Leguizamo's performance was pleasantly weird.
February 20, 2012
Clássico moderno com a linguagem frenética de videoclipe como só Luhrmann sabe fazer, responsável pelo retorno dos musicais ao cinema. Bravo!
April 29, 2014
A dazzling, dizzying, larger-than-life exhibition of style and spectacle, and also bold and madly unique.
April 15, 2014
Man, that was one cliched love story. But with the music and colors and Kidman's wonderful performance, it all works somehow.