Movies Like Robinson Crusoe

—— Wilfred: Season 4
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Robinson Crusoe Reviews

February 24, 2014
Just love these desert island films - friday or wilson?
January 5, 2014
quite disappointing pierce rendition of the classic. friday wasn't impressive either. weak direction in general. probably someone's graduation project
December 28, 2013
Very unfaithful to the original book, and much the worse for it. Also a very inept and stupid movie in its own right. Don't bother.
October 31, 2013
La película hace por completo aun lado toda la historia de robinson y ni aun la actuación de pierce brosnan logra salvar la película
September 14, 2013
I rather enjoyed this movie... Makes me want to read the book again. I bet it's been 25 years since I read it.
September 12, 2013
Had to laugh when they showed the beach and there was a NO SWIMMING sign in one scene.....
October 11, 2012
very good movie. i love movies that deal with the absence of mankind rather than being overwhelmed by it.
June 24, 2012
A bit different kind of version of Robinson Crusoe.
April 17, 2012
The movie never takes a moment to slow down and explore its surroundings but the relationship between Crusoe and Friday works.
February 18, 2012
Loosely adapted from the novel , with such apologetic twists that defile the original Protestant spirit of the text. Nonetheless, it's worth watching .. Magnificent captures, grand scores and a gentle cast indeed!
Orhan D.
February 4, 2012
This film is not enough for me
January 13, 2012
Robinson Crusoe staring Bronhom? Sign me up for this classic!
January 13, 2012
Nice performance from Pierce but I like the book better.
Yelverton
July 17, 2011
An absolute and utter abomination to one of the greatest works of English literature.
July 8, 2011
Did they even read the book?!? I'm guessing that they didn't even read the Cliff Notes from the book. Some of the themes in this movie were completely opposed to the original themes in the book. Beyond that, the movie was mildly entertaining. There was an aerial scene of the island where one could see roads and buildings, even though it was supposed to be uninhabited.
semperunus
April 5, 2011
Quite intresting screening of the clasicsal novel but a bit fragmental
DaughterOfHomer
November 3, 2010
I loved the movie and I liked that the script was a little different than the book. Probably the script writer did not want to make a book adaptation and he wanted to have his own perspective on the story. It is called "to have your own pesrpective". If he were to live 28 years on the island, there would not have been the love story and he would not have any reasons to live and come home. He would have stopped carrying about his life and finally die, but she was his reason to live. That is why the script writer reduced the time he would have returned home, because she was waiting for him to come back.
piratefan60
July 9, 2010
Pierce Brosnan does a good job in this movie as Robinson Crusoe. This movie is from the novel Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. It reminded me of Cast Away (Tom Hanks) but not near as good. This movie also has the acting debut of Sean Brosnan (Pierce's son) as the cabin boy. Worth watching if your a Brosnan fan, but the scenery from the island is very beautiful. That's my favorite part of the film.
lourdhuraj
May 30, 2010
Wonderful story of a novel and i feel watching the movie is more better than reading the novel as each scene made a point of discovering something more good... each scene reveals more interest to watch without blinking the eyes... The character friday touched the hearts of everyone atlast and pierce brosnan acted well... the location and the set production was so good and the story rocked all its ways... The dragging point is they would have extended the film little more to give a good pleasant time for the people but they finished it sooner as possible and limited the scenes more lesser... Rather than this was a wonderful entertaining film...
kennyr9900
April 30, 2010
I guess it followed the book pretty well. I think Cast Away is better.