Behind Enemy Lines - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Behind Enemy Lines Reviews

October 31, 2015
An insult to anyone ever in combat or the service. Just as bad as "The Green Berets"!
June 8, 2006
Lots of good action.
½ March 27, 2013
I LOVED THE STORYLINE BUT I HATED THE FILMING. I ALWAYS FELT DISSY. THE CAMARA WAS SPINNING AND I COULD NOT GET MY SELF GROUNDED. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT MOVIE IF IT WAS NOT FOR THAT.
½ June 3, 2015
Not a great war flick but a popcorn chomper type action war movie for the rah rah crowd.
½ May 16, 2015
Good thing Wilson stuck to comedies after this.
February 28, 2015
Though it has become a very popular film, I was not very interested during some parts of the film. It was okayish. Acting was fine, just too many lulls in the pacing.
February 27, 2015
Seen it the 4th time i gues , stays good...good actors and story ! A totally other side of Owen Wilson ! SOMDVD
½ January 7, 2015
Behind Enemy Lines is a decent film. It is about a Navy navigator who is shot down over enemy territory and is ruthlessly pursued by a secret police enforcer and the opposing troops. Owen Wilson and Gene Hackman give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. John Moore did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the action and drama.
½ January 2, 2015
A military styled cat and mouse action thriller. Wilson plays a decent role and Hackman remains loyal to his troops. You can't go wrong if this is your style.
December 21, 2014
Saw this movie yesterday - for the 100th time - and love it. Among Owen Wilson's best films. Jingoistic? Too patriotic? No. It's a movie...an action movie...and it has action! The movie is based on actual events and that made me "jingoistic." Yeah, Navy.
½ February 15, 2010
Not a good fit for Owen Wilson. He belongs in comedies, and even then he isn't a very good actor in my opinion. Behind Enemy Lines is a generic war film that isn't worth your time. (First and only full viewing - 11/23/2014)
½ June 25, 2014
So what, I like military films and war films, but like this one, I don't think so.
July 11, 2014
While this action movie is pretty good, I just can't buy Owen Wilson as this character. I just think it's his voice: it needed to be gruffer and more intense.
June 27, 2014
Think this has to be one of the best action packed flicks I've seen, love seeing a different side to Owen.
November 30, 2009
A fairly good movie. nothing special but it is nice to see Wilson go against type
April 28, 2014
Good action thriller. I remember the real life incident upon which this film was loosely (very loosely) based.
½ October 25, 2013
I remember Owen Wilson bursting out of the snow like Stallone in Rambo 2
July 30, 2007
Ok, so it is Owen Wilson, and an action movie, those words don't usually go together, and it is very much America is great and you are not in its tone, but, saying all that, it is still a pretty good movie none the less. Wilson is good as the downed pilot, Gene Hackman is his normal great self and the action is pretty good. The director uses a frenetic pace of cutting especially during the downing of the jet scene and the gun battles that is simultaneously cool and hurts your eyes. It seems a little slow in parts and the bad guy in the tracksuit seems a little silly at times, but overall, a good action movie.
Jed
½ April 3, 2014
With interesting camera tricks, exciting action, and a well-paced plot, Behind Enemy Lines is an exciting and tense war film - however, it is severely hampered by a startlingly misguided performance from Owen Wilson.
April 3, 2014
The flashy battle scenes can't help this film from growing tedious beyond its thin storytelling capabilities and highly questionable editing techniques. The largest mistake, however, is that we never get the feeling that the main protagonist is in any actual danger.