Scooby-Doo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scooby-Doo Reviews

½ November 29, 2015
A fun and silly little romp into the goofy and ridiculous that is equal parts unbearably absurd and charmingly nostalgic.

I first saw this movie in theaters at the age of six, and I
October 31, 2015
I love this movie, but it isn't good.
½ June 23, 2011
Some or somewhat most of the energy was faithfully captured followed by some actual comics to make this watchable, it's a disgrace to the original's heart when it's at some levels a satirical parody. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
September 9, 2015
The TV serious was so much better.
½ October 16, 2015
Very Faithful To The Source Material And Gives Service To The Fans In A Nice Way
½ October 15, 2015
I'm not too sure who this film is made for. You'd think it was made for kids due to a property like 'Scooby Doo', but then why all the sexual innuendos? Then maybe this film is for teenagers at that time period who grew up with the cartoon. Then how come all the pandering to kids with the slapstick and gross-out fart jokes and such. Well, whatever this film is, it had me laughing out loud. Yes, I recognize that it is and will become even more dated (although I love this time period for music). Yes, I realize that the CGI is pretty brutal and yes I realize that Velma is annoying, but I was just having lots of fun watching this movie. Shaggy is a funny dude, my celebrity crush is in this movie (Isla Fisher. Always a plus when she's in a movie) and Scooby is so funny and adorable. I should point out that I did not see this film when it came out, I actually saw the sequel and grew up with that film. I should also point out that Shaggy and Scooby are both big stoners. Never saw it as a kid, but when two people act like that and their characters are introduced in a parked van with smoke steaming out of it... Yeah they're high dude, they're high. So in conclusion, I would say this is a good kids film to watch around Halloween because of the ghost aspects
October 13, 2015
Nostalgia aside, Scooby-Doo is not great but it's easy to have with if you lower your standards.
½ October 4, 2015
While it does feature some great performances (Mathew Lillard and Sarah Michelle Gellar are excellent as Shaggy and Daphne), Scooby foo fails to bring life into the tepid plot and respect the immortal series that it's based on
½ October 1, 2015
One of those childhood killers. Nothing more, nothing less. Seriously? Did anyone read the f****** script? Such awfulness .
February 22, 2012
I'm a little more forgiving of this movie; not out of a sense of nostalgia but because it's a literal Russian nesting doll of self-aware silliness.
September 12, 2015
I do not understand the hate for this movie in the slightest. This was one of my favourite films growing up and even now I can't see any issues with it.
½ September 12, 2015
Sorry, This movie was terrible and The Story did not make sense. The only thing that this movie was about was Bad Guys, That is it! At least make Funny Jokes and Different Story's Like Go to Universal or Disney Something...
½ September 11, 2015
When this movie came out, I was obsessed. My friend and I watched it every day. Unfortunately, it didn't age well. I can see my kids enjoying it, but my time with this movie has past.
½ August 30, 2015
Brainwashing cults want to steal your spiritual essence & injest its power for the cults own purposes possessing your personality with with the demons of its own contrivance to achieve world domination.
½ August 19, 2015
Matthew Lillard is spot on as Shaggy, he was fantastic in the movie. Also Linda Cardellini does a pretty good job portraying Velma as well. However, two good performances doesn't save this movie from an unfaithful, poorly executed adaption of the beloved cartoon.
½ November 13, 2011
Scooby-Doo is by far not a great film but as a child I actually really enjoyed this movie. It has a somewhat enjoyable feel to it seeing real people act as everybody's favorite mystery gang and I still get the enjoyment watching it today. It is incredibly cheesy, badly acted, and its plot isnt so great. Its characters are OK, the worse being Fred in my opinion. But this Scooby-Doo movie to me isnt exactly terrible. I still had fun watching the gang get the monsters and solve the mystery. Don't have huge expectations watching this film because if you didnt see this movie young you definitely wont like it from ages 13 and up.
August 3, 2015
I used to like this but over the years I have stopped liking it .
½ July 14, 2015
_REWATCH REVIEW_
While certainly not the best Scooby-Doo has to offer, this movie offers many laughs and lots of cartoon gags are in the movie, as well as a lot of new ones. I remember watching this as a kid and loving it so much, now I still love it, but I've started to notice that some of the jokes are a bit off and that the story isn't really the best of Scooby-Doo universe. The best thing in the movie is Matthew Lillard. He is so believable as Shaggy and he nailed the role! From the voice to the walk, he's the perfect Shaggy (even since Casey Kasem left Scooby Doo he voiced Shaggy, ever since 2010)! There are many funny jokes, but also some which are cringe-worthy. The CGI for that time was great, but now it's very distracting and you can tell what is CGI and what isn't. If you're looking for a good cartoon adaptation this is one of the best I've seen, though I prefer the 2nd Scooby-Doo movie much more. All in all, a good adaptation of the cartoon that is true to the spirit of it and offers great acting and some good jokes, though the story isn't the strongest. Would recommend for Scooby-Doo fans!
July 2, 2015
Scooby Doo Derby Day Stupid Scooby Doo dooby doo scooby Doo scooby Doo
½ June 30, 2015
Easily the best scoot doo out there. My son loves this film.