Writers' Strike (Tentatively) Over!

Summary

We aren't totally out of the woods yet, but it looks like the rumors were true: the Writers Guild and the Alliance of Motiion Picture and Television Producers have reached what is being called a "tentative" agreement. Back to Article

Comments

Shatter24

Jeremiah Rancourt

Except, sadly, during that time the tv and movie studios have reorganized, causing some writer's guild members not to have jobs to return to. Some individuals definitly took hits on this strike for the good of the majority.

Feb 11 - 06:02 AM

Matma

Matt Arnold

They should have put off settling for a week just to make Eisner look like an ***.

Feb 11 - 06:20 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Eisner doesn't need any help in that department.

Feb 11 - 06:26 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Eisner doesn't need any help in that department.

Feb 11 - 06:26 AM

dahluzz

joe shmo

they should use diebold voting machines. that way, no matter how people vote, it can be considered a victory for hillary clinton. did you know you can hack those with a screwdriver and a flash drive (yeah there's a usb port under the insecurely fastened cover plate). in fact, if you're an election location supervisor, your access card is all you need to rig the voting.

learn more here!

oh and way to wrap the strike up just before oscar time. there will be glitz!

Feb 11 - 06:44 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

I hope THE OFFICE comes back soon!... and maybe HEROES if they make it good again.

Feb 11 - 07:45 AM

MattBaerFTW

Matt Baer

it never stopped beeing good it was no different then last year yes some stories went on a little to long but they season finale was way better then last years and chapter 3 villians should be ****in sweet

Feb 12 - 07:30 AM

jimtrots

james trottier

I hope this means a full season of Lost and that House is back asap.

Feb 11 - 07:45 AM

reavus4983

Mike Saxton

Naveen Andrews supposedly told a radio show that if the strike were to end by mid February, then Lost would continue filming in March to finish the season. But then I read that they will only be able to do 6 more episodes instead of 8, and that possibly these 6-8 would be shown next fall. If anybody has any information, I'm clearly dying to know. Apparently nobody ever knows what's going on with Lost no matter what... Lost is the best show ever made.

Feb 11 - 10:15 AM

Xavier Telouran

Drew Demorotski

Heroes doesn't appear to be coming back til September, at least according to The Cheerleader (see AICN). I'm more interested to see if 24 comes on now. Is the Keef out of jail yet?

Also, if anyone cares, I'd just like them to wrap up Scrubs. It's their last season, and the fans deserve what little closure they can get.

Feb 11 - 09:15 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

"Life" was pretty good until it came to a screeching halt. Have to say I kinda dug "Journeyman" as well. "Bionic Woman", on the other hand, that one pissed me off before it secured me as a fan so pretty much to hell with it. Looking forward to the return of "Heroes" above em all. "Lost"? Well, I tried to get into that one so late in its running that I found myself lost as well.

Feb 11 - 10:43 AM

reavus4983

Mike Saxton

Feb 11 - 10:15 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Feb 11 - 10:43 AM

minderbinder

anonymous anonymous

Probably 6 more of lost, we should know in the next week or two. Heroes is getting overhauled so we won't see it until next fall.

Generally, established shows are more likely to be back late spring but new shows will likely wait until fall. Also, we'll probably see more episodes (and sooner) of sitcoms (and other half hour stuff) than of dramas.

Agreed on Scrubs, the show is ending so they need to be able to bring it to a proper conclusion after seven years.

Feb 11 - 11:04 AM

lestatthevampire

Tyler D

RIP:
Journeyman
KVille
Bionic Woman

Hope "Heroes" pulls through.

Anything else Im missing?

Feb 11 - 01:58 PM

crystalwhiteeyes

Tommy Savor

Those writers better impress the hell out of me!!!

Feb 11 - 03:54 PM

mssk8erboy

First Last

I think the office will be back next year without a problem and it would be sweet if they could continue LOST and make a whole season, but zach braff said in a blog a while ago that if the stike doesn't end soon then more than likely scrubs will never end... i'll see if i can find the link somewhere. That sucks though, i love scrubs and it does deserve a proper ending.

-MIKE

Feb 11 - 04:14 PM

mssk8erboy

First Last

I can't find it, sorry, maybe it was a bullettin he posted or something.

-MIKE

Feb 11 - 04:20 PM

cuteview

Gabriel Antillon

The only thing good that came out of the strike was when Warner Bros. pulled the plug on the f-ing "Justice League."

Thank you Jebus!

Feb 11 - 07:00 PM

Bob*

bob askins

It was put in hold but chances are they still make it for 2010.

Feb 11 - 09:38 PM

sunsaz

Chris Moore

I'll celebrate when "tenatively" is removed from the headline. If they were hard-headed enough to make it last this long, all bets are off.

Feb 11 - 09:36 PM

Bob*

bob askins

It was put in hold but chances are they still make it for 2010.

Feb 11 - 09:38 PM

Crenshaw

Bryan Winter

Good for them! And in other news, average box office ticket prices increase by 20%. Bet me.

Feb 12 - 07:00 AM

MattBaerFTW

Matt Baer

Feb 12 - 07:30 AM

AnmondJastinVandemillion

manuel hernandez

Well,it looks like that Strike of theirs seems to be over...for the time being,anyway. But "Seems" can be a dangerous word,especially in this business - it can be fatal.

Feb 12 - 10:48 AM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer