Movies Like Hansel & Gretel

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Hansel & Gretel Reviews

The Tornado
January 6, 2014
When I was kid, I loved the story of "Hansel & Gretel". This movie, however, by far, does not re-create that same spooky, yet fun, adventure. I don't even want to go into how poor the script and dialogues are.
Libby P.
July 31, 2013
It was a piece of magical work for young children to enjoy, older viewers may find it a bit boring. The detail in each characters personality was amazing .
April 1, 2013
Turned off after 10 mins. Very poor :(
June 27, 2012
This movie was funny when I was a kid, I haven't watched it again yet, so I'm not going to watch it again.
April 15, 2012
this was in ok movie
June 7, 2011
Real Life Husband & Wife Gerald McRaney & Delta Burke a young Taylor Momsen,Howie Mandel, & Lynne Redgrave are enough to memit me watching this Beloved but Feared Story from my Childhood.I enjoyed seeing it on screen instead of just from a book.Delta Burke was a little TOO Good as the Evil Step Mother.Lynn Redgrave is wonderful casting as the Witch.I'm surprised this didn't do well by the Critics, because this Amateur Critic enjoyed it quite a bit.
January 10, 2007
fun but not as good as I was hoping, still worth watch though
Evan A.
June 6, 2011
I thought about giving this a 100 just to screw with everyone. Starts off nice and slowly falls apart due to ridiculous versions of monsters and the only cliche i'm effected by, "The Brothers Grim really did base this on a true story."
May 22, 2011
An old classic with a few changes made to it. It's full of old pop culture references which dates it. I love Gerald McRaney, and Delta Burke truly steals the show. Howie Mandel uses a slight effeminate voice and makes him a little creepy. This is a kids movie, but in one scene, The Sandman asks the Wood Fairie if she's trying to seduce him. I'm not sure why that needed to be said.
InsertUnameHere
July 2, 2010
Somewhat one of the worst movies in the past decade. It was even a big box office flop-only a hundred thousand dollars made! That's like the budget of the Baby Geniuses movies!
Bronte T.
July 28, 2010
I found it entertaining and funny.
February 21, 2010
I see fairytale people! It was a cute, funny and an original version of the famous Grimm Brothers tale. I wish i could see more of Dakota Fanning act.
Lauren D.
September 13, 2009
While the story itself seems interesting enough, the constant popular media references keep this story alienated from its fairy tale setting. Will only have a chance at entertaining extremely young viewers. Dakota Fanning's name on the film encouraged me to turn it on, but she plays a less than minor role.
June 10, 2009
Considering Howie Mandel at the time came back outta no where to be in this one, I was surprised at how funny this movie was. It was cute and good enough to keep the adults entertained as well.
May 18, 2008
Nice children live action movie. But those children in bed.. The movie didn't relate them so much, which is sad.
MECreviews
October 11, 2006
An ok movie at the time...
November 24, 2007
I got this movie 4 x-mas 1nce and watched every day 4 a yr. But its weird until i looked up dakotas filmograpgy i didnt remeber this movie. *sighs/ memories.
TheDreamWeaver93
November 15, 2007
this was in ok movie
PrincessCassie
September 22, 2007
It was ok-ok. No affence- I liked the people in the movie then the movie it's self. I watch it like everyday- I don't know why. lol
Lafe F

August 20, 2007
It looks great, but it's a flawed bore. Not enough fantasy sequences are created, reducing its magic. It seems like a school play with people in costumed roles.