14% Transcendence Apr 18

Door to Door Reviews

LWOODS04
LWOODS04

September 1, 2009
I thought this movie was charming. I enjoyed it.
Sunil J

October 15, 2008
Nothing special. It's was obvious this was made for TV.
iLeo
iLeo

December 27, 2007
A favorite.
November 29, 2009
William H. Macy is great and there are lots of touching moments, but the film itself is a bit sparce, probably due to the tv movie format. The subject matter actually would have lent itself to a feature film.
jjb3332003
March 30, 2009
A touching story about a man with cerebral palsy who chooses to overcome the adversity he faces. William Macy delivers a fantastic performance and is backed by a stellar supporting cast.
macabrescribe
August 17, 2009
While watching Door To Door, I realized that I get very annoyed with feel-good movies about crippled people - especially with movies based on true stories. On a good note, Macy gave a fine performance. Sedgwick and Mirren weren't bad either.
iloveoz
May 17, 2008
This was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. William Macy was superb!!
Based on a true story and it came to life in my living room.
If Bill Porter came knocking on my door, I am certain I'd have an order ready for him!!
The entire cast was wonderful!!
I can't say enough good things about this story of patience and persistence.
Ida K

January 7, 2007
I've always been a fan of William H. Macey since I saw him on the TV show ER. This movie is where he became one of my all time favorite actors. It's based on the true story of Bill Porter, a door-to-door salesman with cerebral palsy. I can see why this inspiring and positive TV movie won several awards.
joyndick
December 30, 2007
One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It just tugs at your heart. William Macy was absolutely magnificent.
November 8, 2007
William H. Macey's performance. Enough said. lol He's just a great actor all together. This movie really inspired me to be patient and persistent when I want something. It's a really good movie. A must see film.
sean271
August 29, 2007
After learning about Bill Porter, I came across this movie starring Macy... who is actually my favorite actor.. so it all worked out. He did a fantastic job capturing the struggles and triumphs of Porter.
May 19, 2007
an excelent movie!i absolutly loved it!this movie shows you that you can do anything no matter what!
January 31, 2014
A fantastic movie - I can see it over and over again.
September 12, 2012
This made for TV film offers nothing new. It is meant to be sentimental and it is, but Macy creates a character that is too charming and lovable to not like the film.
April 6, 2012
What a Precious film ~
January 23, 2012
A very inspiring movie about patience and perseverance
March 10, 2011
You can google this guy, he doesn't walk door to door anymore, but he is still selling. The first year of my marriage, 1984, we bought a Filter Queen vacuum cleaner for @ $1,200. Unlike the marriage, that vacuum is still going just as strong as the day I bought it! The salesman was very good at his job as everybody thought we were nuts spending that type of $. But after 2 cats, 3 dogs and 3 children.........
Virus
April 12, 2008
This made-for-TV movie is quite good. Great acting and script is fantastic as it doesn't go to that corny real feel good kind of way.
jazza923
April 5, 2007
Very sweet film, with William H Macy giving yet another very strong and memorable performance. Helen Mirren is excellent as his mother. Great story and very inspiring. It does drag a little toward the end though.
starlett2005
July 3, 2006
[i]Door to Door [/i]was refreshing change in sea of boredom and mediocrity latest TV productions have used us to. It was true delight to watch William H. Macy playing salesman Bill Porter. We revisit generations from 60s to the 90s - btw, great music selection - led by this guy who sells door to door. Helen Mirren who was recently in [i]Gosford Park [/i]is great. Kathy Baker, the nurse in [i]Cider House Rules [/i]is fantastic. Both are short but great parts. This movie is a must.