• PG-13, 1 hr. 45 min.

Beauty Shop Reviews

3niR
3niR

May 2, 2011
This movie was funny and really entertaining. I'm really liking Queen Latifah. Her attitude is just awesome.
Chris G

March 30, 2011
OK, so what's the plot? A hair stylist (Queen Latifah) walks out on her boss (Kevin Bacon). Boss doesn't think she'll make it. She makes it while stealing all of his customers in a comedic process. Meets hot guy (Dimon Hounsou). Boss tries to get revenge.

Yes, you have seen this movie before.

It has a few funny moments, some of them not intentional, but Beauty Shop really is your standard, predictable, recycled film. File this one under "Been there, done that".
Richard C

July 31, 2010
D
KJ P

February 6, 2010
WEAK! WEAK! WEAK! Come on, you call this a good movie, it's total rip-off of the exactly same movie, barber shop!
Rachel F

May 31, 2007
One of my favorites. Kevin Spacey is so funny in this movie and Queen Latifah is great as usual.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

May 9, 2010
Gina (Queen Latifah) plays a sassy hairstylist whiz who feels under-appreciated by her arrogant racist boss, Jorge who wants to steal credit for her work. A single mother, she decides to open up her own beauty shop fulfilling her dreams in the process. Alicia Silverstone plays Lynn, a Georgia country girl who also happens to be a whiz at styling who goes along for the ride. Not a bad comedy and Queen Latifah is her usual witty fun self to watch.
Andrew F

March 6, 2007
It's weird that this movie was somewhat enjoyable. I wasn't expecting much.
Remi L

April 2, 2009
Had to watch it because it was about time someone did a film about black beauty shops
divinetrash
divinetrash

December 25, 2007
I've been forgetting to watch Near Dark and The Philadelphia Story for weeks, but I don't change the channel when this is on. Seriously, what the fuck?
Lee K

March 13, 2008
was ok laughed my ass off at bacon playing the competition
Erin C

January 7, 2008
Love her! She always has a happy, upbeat attitude in every movie. This one was no acception :)
Janice :

August 11, 2006
Very fun movie!
roxyprincess03
November 27, 2008
this movie is really funny. i watched it today. i love qween latifah! she is my favorite cover girl! LOL! if u havent seen this movie you should really see it. its really good! LOL!
February 8, 2008
Indulgently stereotyped, but hey, it's got Andie MacDowell and Djimon Hounsou. Interesting casting to say the least.
jeannetteg
September 16, 2008
I liked this movie. It reminded me of barbershop. This is definitly a chick flick. Gina opens her own beautyshop after being fed up with her bosses attitude.
firstamb
July 11, 2008
This awful spin-off to the Barbershop saga is just a dreadfully unfunny mess, for the sassy girl set. Queen Latifa gets her own movie, but it is not charming or funny, and just being sassy is not going to work, although it is closer to the standard overacting black American comedies that popped up around it since Barbershop.
StaisilD
May 31, 2008
After being pushed by Jorge one too many times, Gina buys a dilapidated beauty salon in southwest Atlanta and tries to make it on her own. She brings a sweet country bumpkin shampoo girl named Lynn (Alicia Silverstone, Clueless) with her from Jorge's, because she sees that Lynn has skills beyond shampooing. She also inherits some of the shop's previous stylists Miss Josephine (Alfre Woodard, St. Elsewhere), Paulette (Laura Hayes, The Queens of Comedy), and Chanel (Golden Brooks, Girlfriends) all of whom are chock-full of attitude. A few of Jorge's clients follow her as well, including a cheated-upon Southern belle (Andie MacDowell) and a shallow, vapid trophy blonde (Mena Suvari, American Beauty). For eye candy, there's also a handsome upstairs neighbor who's also a good electrician (Djimon Hounsou, Amistad), and a hunky truck driver-turned-braider (Omari Hardwick). Needless to say, Jorge doesn't cotton to Gina's plans to compete with him, and decides to take action. This film has everything sexy black women, sexy white women, sexy black men, a sexy white man, sass, attitude, Rudy, catfish, dirty dancing, one degree of Kevin Bacon. Beauty Shop is a light, fun story of adversity overcome with exuberant talent and persistence.
ejhomer2008
March 7, 2008
Ha this movie is like the movie that i can watch forever! I just have to see this movie but can't find my dvd!! haha needa watch it!
imboop56
January 14, 2008
Cute and funny and FUN. Altho I did NOT like Kevin Bacon's role in this - I am certain I will be watching it again.