97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Sky High Reviews

Anthony L

January 2, 2014
Anyone who thinks Sky High is the worst superhero film ever should watch Zoom. You'll probably change your mind pretty quickly. I thought it was actually very good. They understood the genre and played with it rather well I thought. Put in the likes of Bruce Campbell and Lynda Carter and you're on to a winner in my book. Good stuff!
Alexander D

September 13, 2011
The worst possible superhero movie. That's what SKY HIGH is. It proves that there should not be a superhero movie (like this one, sadly enough) that clearly has "Disney" written all over it.
Matt G

January 21, 2011
For a children's film, 'Sky High' is superior than many mature superhero films made nowadays. Cool effects with a magnificent blend of CGI, well-excecuted action sequences add to what is a quality film.
3niR
3niR

February 10, 2010
Comparing to the Zoom that I watched yesterday, this was really good.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
I didn't really think I'd like this film but it's one of my favourite films. It's underrated and really quite good. A must see!
Conner R

May 14, 2011
I know a lot of people don't like Sky High, but i've always considered it a really good movie. I enjoy the fact that it's not a cheap parody of superheroes, but just a light criticism and mostly an original idea. Creating a school for superheros is an interesting sight to see, especially with all the crazy colors and futuristic technology. Kurt Russell's goofball performance as a Superman type is great, but his geeky real-estate secret identity is even better. Michael Angarano plays a great earnest type, making all the super-fied concepts work a lot better than they could. While it might be easy to write this movie off, I think given a proper chance people would like this a lot more. It's got some great cameos and outlandish scenes to at least gain some attention from a casual viewer.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

April 19, 2011
I thought this was just okay. Kids will really enjoy the funny momenst and a superhero movie made just for them, but the parents will most likely fall asleep. It had cheap effects sadly and the acting was pretty horrible. However, the concept for the movie will be enjoyed by kids and the plot is actually not as bad as I thought. But to conclude, this movie was okay, but not even close to how good it could've been.
Marc L.
Marc L.

March 30, 2011
Leave it to Disney to produce a sugar coated clustercrap like this, call it a superhero film, and have it turn out to be one of the worst and most overrated films of all time. I will admit that Warren Peace was an interesting character. But the rest of the characters are bland and stupid and this movie is still horrendous.

So, let's start with the very worst thing about this movie. The sugar coated, kids stuff that has no place in a superhero movie. One of the requirments of a good superhero movie, contrary to popular belief, is darkness. Daredevil, one of my personal favorites, has it. So does Batman Begins, and although the Spider-Man Trilogy isn't known for it, there are times when it can be dark. Which is more than can be said for Sky High. The very darkest thing to happen in the movie is when the villain turns the superheroes into babies. That's right, babies. Remember, this is a superhero film. Also, let's leave it to one of the GREATEST directors of all time, you know the "genius" who brought us "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and Surviving Christmas" to add to this masterpiece about as much action and violence as your average pbs show. Infact, one of the characters says "I don;t believe in using my powers for violence". Pathetic.

Also, this movie has outright horrible comedy. The jokes were so unfunny I almost got teary. I'm serious. Especially the ones with Mr Medula. He tries really hard to be funny, several times, but it doesn;t work.

In addition the acting was outright horrible. Aside from Michael Angarano and Steven Strait, they might as well have been reading their script as they were acting, for they put about as much effort into it as I do eating a sandwitch.

Bottom line, I don't care about the stupid tomato-meter. It's stupid and inaccurate. This is one of the worst movies ever made. Period.
erika250
erika250

March 19, 2010
not good acting and plot
michael e.
michael e.

January 6, 2011
Its a great mix of superhero action and comedy to keep you watching
garyX
garyX

May 2, 2007
The son of two legendary superhero parents goes through the growing pains of high school life in a special school for the super powered. Sky High is a kids' film, and as a kids' film I was never going to be the intended audience but there is enough here to amuse the older generation to stop it from being a complete waste of time. It still has the usual issues of Disneyfied characters going the through the utterly formulaic motions of learning the "true meaning of friendship" and "believing in oneself" and as such you know from the very start exactly how it's going to play out. For me the fun is in the peripheral characters, namely Mr. Boy, the teacher of "sidekick class" and the amusing social heirarchy attached to it and Coach Boomer, the bully boy gym teacher played by Bruce Campbell. I can't say it made me roar with laughter, but it raised a smile on enough occasions to make up for the sheer predictability of it all and the embarrassing scenes featuring the super villain. Plus I got to see my first true love again in the still shapely form of Linda "Wonder Woman" Carter...
Spencer S

July 29, 2010
A kid's movie, so I have less stock in it, but the action scenes are non threatening, and the story without many holes. Just not my cup of tea.
Drew S

January 22, 2007
A pretty lame attempt at a parody, in that its only acknowledgment of parody status is to trot out the old tropes without playing with them much at all, but a cute movie nonetheless. The humor is lame and passingly funny in fair alternation; the special effects are already dated within the span of only five years and the action's not particularly interesting; the performances are fun and committed but without much attempt at deeper character. Nothing too offensive, but not really worth taking time out for unless you're young or some of the younger people in your life REALLY want to see it.
KJ P

January 13, 2010
One of disney's best real life films! It was amazing fun! Thank you mike mitchell I was scared it wasn't going to be that good!
TomBowler
TomBowler

August 2, 2009
an interesting concept which folds under the pressure of having to have a story instead of just showing off different superheroes. good for kids, albeit, stupid kids.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 18, 2007
this first time i watched this movie i thought it was pretty terrible and boring but watching again last night i quite enjoyed it, a nice little superhero movie! its funny its entertaining and an interesting plot.
Its about a boy who has 2 superhero parents and is waiting for his powers to form and with the small possibility that he might not get them at all its playing on sons mind.
then with every superhero movie there archnemisis comes back and casues chaos for the school!
itsa nice little movie for the whole family to enjoy worth a watch!!
Kylie B

April 7, 2007
I was expecting this to be cheesy, and I suppose it was, but in a good way. Playing up to it, rather than trying to play it straight. And of course Warren was a draw for me.
Luke B

December 6, 2008
A fun high school movie, with the secret parties, uncool kid becoming cool, complicated dating etc. but with Super Heroes. That just makes it rocking. Aimed at a wide audience and so very family friendly, but it has enough references to previously existing super hero mythology to appease comic fans. Great to see a lighthearted live action super hero world, expanded from just fighting evil/crime. The characters are brilliant and range from typical powers, such as strength and flight, to not so super but certainly special powers, glow in the dark and turning into a guinea pig. A great supporting cast such as Bruce Campbell, Kevin Heffernen and Lynda Carter fill out the ranks of some great young stars including the ridiculously pretty Mary Elizabeth Winstead. She's tops.
Roy G

December 9, 2006
Hogwarts for superheroes - the best family film of the year.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 3, 2007
i usually hate these corny movies, but this one is fantastic. i laughed out loud at this silly movie and watched it at least three times the week it came out. this is one of those movies i saw with my friends and talked about for some reason, cementing it into my list of favorites.