Submerged - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Submerged Reviews

October 11, 2014
WOW.....WOW.....WOW.....WOW....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN I HAVE JUST SEEN THIS MOVIE 4 THE 1ST TIME N THINK THAT THIS IS SUCH A REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......ITS GOT GOOD CAR CHASES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........ITS GOT GOOD FIGHT SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH......

It is set and filmed in Sofia, Bulgaria in 31 days on August 16 and September 16, 2004.

DVD was released in Region 1 in the United States on May 31, 2005, and also Region 2 in the United Kingdom on 5 September 2005, it was distributed by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, ITS GOT LOADS OF ACTION THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE, BUT THE SCRIPT IS JUST SO SO SO SO BAD......THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, ITS JUST SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, ITS GOT LOADS OF ACTION THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE BUT IT IS SO SO DREADFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS, IT IS 1 OF THE WORST MOVIES I HAVE EVER SEEN IT IS THAT BAD IT IS SO DREADFUL.......
½ August 20, 2014
Steven Seagal is looking old and tatty in this straight to video effort, so the hard to follow plot and all-round terrible acting don't go anyway to masking the leads lacklustre outing. The setting of Uruguay is also very questionable given some of the scenes which include Mayan ruins.
½ July 27, 2014
(3%)
The ONLY upside to this awful movie is that big Steve paid off a few bills, besides that this really couldn't be much worse. Why can't the makers of these low budget action movies just keep things simple and make a fun watchable little time passer, is it really too much to ask? Seagal is his usual lazy self, and like many of his films these days his dialogue is clearly re-dubbed by someone else, it's all a little tragic really. Vinnie Jones tries, but just like every other "character" he's fighting a losing battle with a beyond terrible script/plot, appalling editing and lousy direction. The movie is shit, pure and simple, and it isn't even so bad it's almost good, just plain old boring cheapo shit that belongs in a bank vault to be forgotten about forever.
May 15, 2014
must i rewrite this again?
½ April 6, 2014
Totally botched affair. Seagal has been redubbed with someone who doesn't even sound like him and the film seems to have been rewritten after it was shot. This hardly even has to do with a submarine. One of his WORST.
½ January 21, 2014
Pas génial mais ça passe.
December 21, 2013
En 2005, on aurait pu penser que Steven Seagal allait remonter la pente avec le reussi Into The Sun. On a vite dechante avec l'ahurissant Submerged qui se trouve etre un remake evente des 12 Salopards (avec Vinnie Jones, qui a les meilleurs dialogues) dans une sombre histoire de Mind Control. Le scenario est lamentable, la realisation irritante, les effets speciaux hilarants et les acteurs catastrophiques. Même pour un DTV, c'est infame.
December 6, 2013
Intresting concept and I was pleasantly suprised in this Seagal movie. Don't bother to zoom and slow down the scene where the woman swings from the balcony. You don't see anything, but a transparent bra strap. I already added to the imdb goofs page,
April 2, 2013
Annoyed me but i still liked it. I think it was one of the crapper ones. But i still liked it. I love most his movies.
July 29, 2010
Mediocre, to much dubbing
½ December 30, 2012
I didn't really see any point in watching Submerged since I gathered it wasn't really a martial arts movie but another shoot'em up film. I decided to give the film a chance, though. Well.. the first thing that I noticed was that seven people were shot dead from close range using handguns during the first five minutes. Next some crude graphic language by prisoners. When a civilian woman herding goats was blown up, I was about ready to stop watching the dvd.
Its not that I couldn't watch violent action films, I know I have watched them a lot, probably too much. Yet this movie doesn't have so much to do with action, more in my view about killing human beings and gratuitous violence. It was not very believable that US army would let one of their teams go awol, that an agent looking like a thin model girl was "one of the best field agents". She accepts the gig without any questions as to what it is about, and Seagal's character runs around dressed in a leather jacket cracking jokes while cracking skulls.
One memorable quote from this movie was "Lets go kill some people".. Indeed I count that about 30 people are killed during the first 30 minutes of the movie. Important, the plot nor the action is NOT interesting enough to keep any interest up, no matter how many subs or limos they show. Over 40 ppl in the film are killed, people blown up, decapitated, burned alive, shot. In the end the killers sit in the sun at a pool, sipping on drinks, reminiscing. I found the violence disgusting. And there was no Aikido either. I give the film 0 stars.
½ February 22, 2009
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
October 12, 2012
it is not so interesting
½ August 27, 2012
Not all bad, especially with the ideal casting of legit badass Vinnie Jones in it. The story and fight scenes are pretty good in this, making it worth a viewing. I can't stress enough how supremely bad Vinnie is. He beats guys to death with his bare hands and has the best lines in this thing.
May 14, 2012
II <333 STEVEN SEAGAL
March 2, 2012
having watched this seagal movie a second time, i realised i was pretty harsh on it, becuase for all the bad thats here and believe me theres some bad, there was quite a bit of good that is definatly worth a look, for one there are some geniunly good action scenes here, and while there isnt too much of seagal's hand to hand combat, there are plenty of fights, shootouts and explosions, and in parts this movie looks very good looking, the second big plus here is vinnie jones, man does he rock in this movie, much more than seagal, vinnie jones is a fucking machine in this and i feel sorry for anybody that gets in his way. so do i know recommend submerged, well its a hard thing to say because submerged was only ever gonna apeal to steven seagal fans, and i feel its the seagal fans who will enjoy it the least, but the average movie goer, out for a bit of action, could have a bit of fun with this, so its definatly worth a rent
May 19, 2011
it is not so interesting
½ January 27, 2011
First I don't really understand why this is called what it is called, and why the synopsis on the DVD says what it says. In fact the submarine sequences last for about 10 minutes if that. Even for a Seagal film that's bad. Second the story is ridiculous. Now I love Seagal's films so I'm used to ridiculous, but this I think takes the cake. Brain control, and plenty of other things that just don't make sense. I could have tolerated this movie for the fact that Vinnie Jones and Seagal are in it. However, there are very few Seagal moments. When he started kicking butt, I was entertained. Otherwise I just didn't find anything nice about this movie. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who absolutely loves corny action movies.