Crash

100% New Girl: Season 4
83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Crash Reviews

February 3, 2008
A slow buring film which touches on a range of issues in modern America .... but how did it beat the heartbreaking Brokeback Mountain?
Lucas A.
June 21, 2014
"Crash" is fantastically full of inspirating performances. Maybe, this can be a little unsatisfying, but, "Crash" give a lession of life;
hipsterfilmreviews
September 23, 2011
I gave it one star? ? but i remember really liking this.. must be misrated. review.~~~~~Re-review~~~~~Warning:RacismSexual AssaultVictim blamingFirearmsRacial profilingRacial slursFor once showing racism as a choice each individual makes, and not some intangible cultural atmosphere.
June 25, 2007
Wonderful ensemble movie. Very thought provoking. Disserved the academy award it got
June 7, 2014
N?kolik p?íb?h?, které se snaí ukázat na to, jak zbyte?n? vznikají rasové p?edsudky. Dost dob?e nato?ené, ádný div, e to dostalo Oscara.
September 26, 2010
If "Crash" would have been more focused on developing its premise instead of parading over it, I feel it would have been a far more effective film. Instead, I felt this was a well executed, but annoyingly uneven motion picture.
May 28, 2014
Far better than some people make it out to be, Crash is certainly flawed, as well as aimless in how it hardly builds to anything, but it's well directed and acted enough to warrant another look by those who dismissed it as the worst of the Oscar Best Picture winners
December 22, 2011
While I commend the film to bringing up issues of angst, racism, bigotry and xenophobia as well as pointing out how we're all interconnected somehow, rely on others, etc., it doesn't do a very good job at it. The people are BEYOND unrealistic, horribly stereotypical, and ungodly idiotic. It makes no attempt to deliver the messages subtly, or even intelligently for that matter. To me, it's a preachy and pretentious eye-opener with wasted potential.
May 24, 2014
Ein selbstkritisches und sozialkritisches Drama, gefilmt als einen Episodenfilm. Die Figuren sind natürlich und realistisch gezeichnet und offenbar begegnen sich die Menschen nur, wenn sie sich gegenseitig auf die Füsse trampeln. Der Film macht zwar nachdenklich, bleibt aber am Schluss unerreichbar. Kein Wunder, dass der Film am wenigsten erfolgreich war, unter den besten Filmen, der Oscarverleihung. Denn der Film spricht wirklich nicht jeden an.
filmlover1994
November 29, 2013
Brokeback Mountain Could Have Had Won Over Crash For The 2006 Academy Award For Best Picture.
Matt H.
May 14, 2014
Crash is one real exceptionally well-done film. The theme of racism really slaps you in the face, but it is followed by other underlying messages, such as redemption. The exposés to the first two vignettes are a tiny bit forced, but the transitions are smooth for all of them and the script is sharp and deliberate. Where the movie lacks it makes up for in acting, screenplay, and direction. Haggis knows what he's doing.
May 10, 2014
The film won the Oscar in 2004 for best picture, but I don't see it. it borrows from the 2000 film Traffic in that it tries to tell many stories at once that connect. (Babel did this too) Trying to say racism is bad and we need to focus on relationships seems awfully naive and patronizing. But hey, sometimes the simple messages ring true.
Abc D.
May 10, 2014
Crash tries to be deep and smart, but it just comes off as undeservedly pretentious. Characters speak and act in ways that feel unnatural and serve only to shove grade school level thoughts on race in the viewers' faces.
March 31, 2013
Superbly acted and extremely powerful, Paul Haggis' Crash is a tour de force.
February 17, 2013
a realistic, unsettling look into racism and society in LA, crash is a gritty but amazing movie with all around outstanding performances from its star cast
rocknblues81
March 10, 2006
Mediocre, poorly acted and it has a god awful script.
April 24, 2014
This movie is probably the worst piece of trash in cinema in history. The themes are clumsy and heavy-handed. The initial characterization is off-putting due to the complete lack of subtlety in their introductions. The "character development" was nonexistent. Any changes the characters go through are unjustified, making them more inconsistencies than anything. The actions the characters take are foolish and illogical, and completely break the immersion. The main story is offset by similarly-themed, yet irrelevant subplots. This movie is borderline racist. The themes of racism are moot, as stereotypes are actually confirmed time and again as all the foreign characters speak broken English. Asian characters are portrayed as bad drivers. The pair of Black friends are portrayed as criminals, one of whom is constantly complaining about the status of his race, despite contributing to stereotypes himself. This movie is among the worst ever filmed, and should be ranked as such. The characters in "The Room" developed more than they did in Crash. I find it mind boggling that Don Cheadle, Terrance Howard, Ludacris, and Sandra Bullock actually starred in this abomination.
April 18, 2014
Unfortunately, all races lead to a crash in the end
April 18, 2014
I was just left feeling dissatisfied at the end of the movie. Sure the stories were interconnected (somewhat), but I was left with a "So what?" feeling at the end of the movie.
April 16, 2014
The thing Crash is remembered for most is how it infamously won Best Picture at the Academy Awards against the edgy Brokeback Mountain. Not to be a dick, but that's probably the only thing that Crash will ever be remembered for.