Slipstream

71% Dallas: Season 3
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Slipstream Reviews

December 14, 2007
Slipstream is a very smart film that benefits from likable characters and an insightful screenplay. So the plot is about a geek played by Sean Austin and slightly gun crazy bank robber Vinny Jones. The two of them make a brilliant double act, one is testing the machine in the bank with a girl he fancies and the other is plotting to rob it. Vinny gets hold of the time machine but doesn't know what he as but when he does it is too late in one scene as he can't save the one he loves as time is not on his side. One of the things I really liked about this film was the musical score by Rob Lord he really captured the moments just right which help set the tone as this film is fast and not just because of the ten minute window but because - as in all action movies - there is a sense of a roller-coaster ride to which the action is based around. I really liked it.
August 15, 2007
Generic sci-fi adventure.
August 23, 2012
This movie reminds me of "In Time" and "Immortals", but in a bad way.
The first also had a mind-blowingly awesome and cool premise/devices, but didn't explore that concept's full potential.
The second just had an excessive amount of slow-motion action sequences.

That being said, I (who mostly watches current Hollywood flicks) found it refreshing to see no actors or actresses I had seen before, which sorta gave the movie's characters more depth as I didn't associate any actor/actress with the kind of role they usually have.

Beyond that, though the movie's storytelling could've been smoother, the main character's gaze more focused, and the ending a bit less predictable and therefore convenient.

-SPOILER ALERT-

Regarding the time travel itself, the suspension of belief required was a little too high. Moving in time AND space? No one around you reacting to your inexplicable clothes change? Physical contact with the device needed but only to a point? The list goes on.
October 25, 2011
Slipstream (2005)

Directed by: David van Eyssen
R, 1 hr. 29 min.

Slipstream is a very ordinary romp take on the time-travel novelty device, set to be a money gambit for a little known back office high security science nerd, the problem is the prototype status of it and he (terribly written in character Sean Austin) must iron out all the discrepancies in the field all while a bank robber gets wind of it and become a tri-fector with the FBI to set things in their 'priority order of events'

Fails to excite as an action and the tongue in cheek dosn`t make a bump really either.
Scott244
April 27, 2007
I enjoyed this movie a lot. Loved the storyline it in and Vinnie Jones was great in it. Good time pasting movie for sure.
July 19, 2011
I haven't seen this in a while, but I remember it being good! LOL It had a great score by composer Rob Lord and I've been trying to track down for years, but the music has never been released.
Deweybuds420
February 5, 2010
"You know the World Wide Web? You're like a fly trapped in it."

Sean Astin is just the shit so...this movie couldn't go to wrong.
Interesting ideas and techno-babble. Theoretically travelling back in time isn't entirely impossible...traveling forward however would be alot trickier, seeing how it hasn't happened yet. In the movie Stuart claims his company funds the research for his time travel project, codename Slipstream, but they are too cheap to fund a project for traveling forward in time. (lol) The covered alot of bases on this one too, for instance, when a few of the characters would get shot and proceeded to travel back in time, the reason the bullet wasn't still lodged inside them (since the slipstream effects anything that is touching the user when activated), is because the villians were using armor-piercing bullets, resulting in the bullets to simply pass right through them. Good Movie.
Mike2GuysTalking
September 6, 2009
Not only does this DVD feature NO CLOSED CAPTIONS or English subtitles, it doesn't feature the ability to hold an attention span. If it's not the 45-second, needless gunfight spin, it's the lead terrorist 'becoming bored' and encouraging a newly-taken busload of hostages to engage in a sing-along. I haven't turned off a DVD in disgust in years, but this finally beats out "Alone in the Dark" for THE worst DVD I sadly own. What happened, Samwise?
smiley011999
April 4, 2009
I want that watch of his.
November 10, 2008
great for an Independent film...good story
January 30, 2009
I liked this movie, it moved at a breakneck pace and most of the characters were pretty rounded except a few of the robbers. Wish Stuart had said a little more after what he was going to do at the end though, the jumping into a pool doesn't really help clarify.
March 23, 2008
not that bad, see it if u want...
wardjan
January 19, 2008
"Cone de Tempo" (port.) - Vi o filme em DVD a 19/01/08. Estava à espera de melhor. A história é pobre e os efeitos especiais são fracos.
Janewb
September 26, 2007
Wow! Awesome movie. Reminds me of Sliding Doors.
July 27, 2007
Use the time manchine.
its not a time machine.
use the damn time machine.
mikecampbell
March 14, 2007
Awesome... LoR did not do Sean Astin any justice... I recommend this one.
March 4, 2007
worst movie i've seen in a long time
September 30, 2006
The story is unlikely, but Sean Astin is amusing.