• R, 2 hr. 2 min.

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Jarhead Reviews

August 24, 2014
Pendant le visionnage, Jarhead est un film plutôt efficace, souvent drôle, parfois désespérant, toujours bien joué par un ensemble cast trčs talentueux (avec de bonnes apparitions de John Krasinski, Jacob Vargas et męme un bon Lucas Black) et visuellement splendide, surtout la séquence sur du Public Enemy. Cependant, c'est quand le film se termine qu'on s'aperçoit que comme souvent chez Sam Mendes, Jarhead est une belle coquille vide qui n'apporte pas grand-chose ŕ un sujet déjŕ parfaitement traité dans Les Rois du Désert de David O. Russell.
August 22, 2014
Not much happens in this depiction of the Gulf war. Sometimes that's not a bad thing. Instead of plunging head first into action, we're plunged into the minds of soldiers trained for action, who never get to experience it.
August 18, 2014
I Wanted A Lot More But An Interesting Take Nonetheless. My How The 1990's Were Different Than Now.
Matt H.
July 5, 2014
Say what you want about this movie, but I liked Jarhead. Yes, it doesn't live up to its full potential of being the psycho-analysis of Desert Storm Marines that it wanted to be, but it kept me entertained. It has good acting, a stronger-than-I-expected-script, and lots of funny moments to bring levity to the situation at hand; that's all I wanted.
August 9, 2014
This isn't a horror film, but it was a gut-wrenching film that shook me to my core. Jarhead is an exploration of human sanity. It showcases the human side of marines coping with an assignment they don't fully understand, an enemy they can't see, and a life in the Iraqi desert they can't wait to escape from.
July 24, 2014
Doesn't seem like much happens, but I guess that's the point.
July 17, 2014
Jarhead is watchable enough to divert, but won't leave the viewer with any new thoughts on war and doesn't much tread new ground.
Jaime Lannister
June 15, 2014
Underwhelming and predictable, I couldn't feel any emotional connection with the characters so had a hard time caring what happened to them.
July 7, 2014
Well-acted, but there seems to be a disconnect between the profound point it thinks it is making and the basic observation it ends up making.
June 18, 2014
Decent movie. Nothing really ever happens. Lacks anything that will be memorable
June 16, 2014
A watchable but eventually unclimactic view of a marines time in the gulf war.
April 21, 2012
na vojensky film z mojej strany velke sklamanie. od takehoto filmu ocakavam akciu, ano chcelo to byt asik nieco umelecke alebo ako to pomenovat, no v tomto segmente nevidim na to priestor a ani dvovd, kedze predpokladam ze od skutocnej reality to ma aj tak dost daleko z odretymi usami 2/5
March 20, 2014
Sends a very good message, possibly esoteric only to those who served : not everybody sees action, and life as an infantryman sucks.

If you want a dramatized action-packed war experience, I suggest watching the Terminator series or playing Call of Duty.
March 18, 2014
Jarhead obviously tries to be a contemporary equivalent to Full Metal Jacket, which was undoubtedly a great film. While I do admire the performances, it's not as subtle as the masterpiece it tries to emulate, and seems to try and depict characters rather than real people, especially during that drunken party scene. To be fair, there is some real drama and personality, and it's still an enjoyable film, but I feel that the writers were trying too hard to follow the high standards set by previous war films.
February 16, 2014
un film de guerre assez intéressant sur les Marines.
February 9, 2014
Jarhead - B?rnyakúak újranézve. Nem ez lesz a kedvenc Mendes filmem az egyszer biztos. Amerikai szépség és A kárhozat útja is sokkal, de sokkal jobb film ennél. A Skyfall meg teljesen más kategória, így azt nem is hozom ide. Viszont ami nagyon bejött az a fényképezés az utolsó fél órában. Azok a fények ahogy a lángoló kutak megvilágításában mennek a sivatagban valami eszméletlen szépen néztek ki.
Aki még nem látta egy megnézésnek mindenképp jó, kicsit más megvilágításba helyezi a dolgokat, de túl sokat se kell t?le várni, nem sok olyan van, amit más háborús filmek esetében ne láttunk volna már.
February 9, 2014
Jarhead is an unoriginal movie experience that is surprisingly fun to go through.
October 5, 2013
One of the most entertaining and captivating war movies I've ever seen. It successfully combines lightheartedness with war drama and features one of the best performances I've seen from Jake Gyllenhal and Lucas Black.
January 16, 2014
Much better than these reviews said.
January 11, 2014
Jarhead may be the first post-modern war film, it's a deconstruction of the war movie itself occasionally, the way it comments on the allure that films like Apocalypse Now and the Dear Hunter have to impressionable, and stupid, young bloodlusting men, it's about the post war movie culture, as well as being a war movie with no war in it. It looks at what it is to turn a young man into a weapon and how damaging that can be when the weapon cant unleash himself, first in the gulf war, where sniper Anthony Swafford (a ferocious Jake Gylenhaal) are so starved of battle, they begin to unravel, then later when they come back to the real world and have seemingly no relation to it anymore, no purpose, no connection. It's an anti military film really, a hym to all the lost soldiers out there in everyday life, re-wired by their government and left damaged mentally or physically to try to pick up their own pieces of themselves. It's also a searing, very funny black comedy/satire and the most original film in it's genre since Coppela's feverish masterpiece.